SeeMore Putters Thread

@seemoreputters What is your take on forward press with center shafted face balanced putters?

Not necessary to forward press with face balanced center shafted putters if it is built for your putting stroke. Really not necessary to forward press at all honestly, if the putter is fit for you.

The Riffle Scope Technology would actually shy you away from forward pressing a putter. When I started using a SeeMore putter that was the first thing I got rid of in my putting stroke was the forward press. What I found is that I was forward pressing to manipulate the putter face to where I wanted it when I made contact with the ball.

Not necessary to forward press with face balanced center shafted putters if it is built for your putting stroke. Really not necessary to forward press at all honestly, if the putter is fit for you.

The Riffle Scope Technology would actually shy you away from forward pressing a putter. When I started using a SeeMore putter that was the first thing I got rid of in my putting stroke was the forward press. What I found is that I was forward pressing to manipulate the putter face to where I wanted it when I made contact with the ball.
Yes, that's kind of why I was curious. I have used a center shafted, face balanced putter for awhile now and recently started using a small forward press as a trigger to initiate the back stoke. It's yielded good results for me, but seems like it would be fighting what the putter wants to do naturally by virtue of its design. I was watching the video on See More's site about their face balancing, and they mentioned a press and "pushing it down the line" which prompted my question. Just curious how a press interacts with the inherent design.

Yes, that's kind of why I was curious. I have used a center shafted, face balanced putter for awhile now and recently started using a small forward press as a trigger to initiate the back stoke. It's yielded good results for me, but seems like it would be fighting what the putter wants to do naturally by virtue of its design. I was watching the video on See More's site about their face balancing which prompted my question.

So, there are 2 different types of face balanced. A standard centered shafted putter that is face balanced, may still come open during a normal putting stroke. Many SeeMore putters are face balanced at impact. That means that when you make a normal putting stroke the putter naturally wants to come back to it's point of origin on its own. The putter face will be square at impact and you don't have to fit the putter to keep it on plane and square. It's really cool.

So, there are 2 different types of face balanced. A standard centered shafted putter that is face balanced, may still come open during a normal putting stroke. Many SeeMore putters are face balanced at impact. That means that when you make a normal putting stroke the putter naturally wants to come back to it's point of origin on its own. The putter face will be square at impact and you don't have to fit the putter to keep it on plane and square. It's really cool.

Thanks for this. I'm sold on the concept and in fact have my eye on a Mini Giant DF which led to this whole line of questions, so it was cool to see it in the video. I guess the core of my question would be how would the face react if you held the butt tee slight ahead of the tee supporting the shaft. Thanks again.

Edit: I'm not advocating for a forward press, I am more just curious about the physics at play so I can better understand my own game as it relates the the equipment I am using.

Thanks for this. I'm sold on the concept and in fact have my eye on a Mini Giant DF which led to this whole line of questions, so it was cool to see it in the video. I guess the core of my question would be how would the face react if you held the butt tee slight ahead of the tee supporting the shaft. Thanks again.

Edit: I'm not advocating for a forward press, I am more just curious about the physics at play so I can better understand my own game as it relates the the equipment I am using.

That would take loft off of the putter for sure. I am not certain with the face balance at impact technology how it will change much else having the putter delofted.

Here is a great testing thread on the Mini Giant DF. I absolutely love that putter.

@seemoreputters What is your take on forward press with center shafted face balanced putters?
Does not need to be one. Question to someone that does this is why? Most people have a forward press because they have an inconsistent ball position. One will be amazed with the help of RST on how a consistent ball position will bring the same feel, roll and stoke of the putter face. This is one of the many, many hidden aspects that golfers do not know about SeeMore. Ball position is key…maybe one could argue most important part.

Does not need to be one. Question to someone that does this is why? Most people have a forward press because they have an inconsistent ball position. One will be amazed with the help of RST on how a consistent ball position will bring the same feel, roll and stoke of the putter face. This is one of the many, many hidden aspects that golfers do not know about SeeMore. Ball position is key…maybe one could argue most important part.

I use a forward press as trigger to start the back swing, it's helped my tempo a lot. Consistent ball position hasn't really been an issue, I was more or less curious about what impact the press would have and what the putter is trying to do naturally.

I use a forward press as trigger to start the back swing, it's helped my tempo a lot. Consistent ball position hasn't really been an issue, I was more or less curious about what impact the press would have and what the putter is trying to do naturally.

Gotcha, forward press also has to do with loft of a putter. Golfers with forward press have a hard time of having it consistent. Therefore the loft of the putter at impact is always different, which will lead to inconsistent speed, roll and sound. RST - hiding the red dot - will lead to having more of a consistent loft. We do offer offset putters that utilize RifleScope Technology - therefore ensuring a consistent press.

Also, the putter head if using a face balanced at impact putter will want to return to square at impact - no manipulation in the hands. If using another putter the dynamics of that particular putter head will want to open up at impact. Leaving one to have more hand manipulation in the putting stroke and possible have a "push" stroke.

Great questions. Appreciate it.

The HTX is now on the website, but it’s not available yet. Looks great though. If you need a local tester, count me in!!

1709857905773.png

Gave my old friend a new dress. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1824.jpeg
    IMG_1824.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1799.jpeg
    IMG_1799.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1796.jpeg
    IMG_1796.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 16
Mini Giant HTx and Mini Giant CurveBack are now available on the website.
Mini Giant MDx still showing not available.

Back