Shaft Manufacturer You Gravitate Towards?

Currently UST Mamiya and PX are the two main ones in the bag and the ones I usually look at first when looking for something new. PX in the woods and UST in the irons. Also have PX in the wedges.

Though with my new driver I went Fujikura Ventus. In the new irons, I have gone with Mitsubishi Chemical MMTs. I have a preference with the brands above, but I'm willing to branch out and try other things

Definitely Nippon, but UST Mamiya has earned my trust now too.

I tend to gravitate to KBS for Irons and Project X for Dr/FW. But That's one of the areas my equipment knowledge is the weakest. I know UST Mamiya and many others make some incredible products, I've just never put them in my hands! hoping to change that in 2020.

Project X and Fujikura for woods, Nippon for irons

Since growing up in an era of true temper, I think a person would fall back on them late 90's. Since late 2000's I think I went more towards Nippon. Because of THP its open my eyes to more brands. I've never been a shaft guy but its something I'm trying to get more involved in. And lastly I'd go with thee idea of whatever I was fit into is best for me so then at that point I'd gravitate more towards that brand I believe.

I really like KBS for Irons and wedges.

I have had quite a few Project X Shafts in woods.

The last dozen or so aftermarket shafts I've purchased have all been Graphite Design. Years ago I was on a serious Miyazaki kick.

I am massively turned off by Fujikura and their BS program of making shafts with the same name and paint job, but having tech absent or different. I know they aren't the only ones.

For irons I typically gravitate towards True Temper/Project X. Woods are all over the place though.

UST for irons shafts. Recoils all day every day.

I don't know that I really have a preference with woods. I spent a lot of time with project X shafts last year and this year I've got a VA shaft that I cant' wait to plug into my driver. I've used them all though and I like a lot of them.

UST Mamiya is right up there for woods and irons now.
TT/Project X
Had good success with Atmos as well.
Oban is usually in the discussion.

The shaft offerings the last few years have been so good. My interests are below.

Irons and Wedges: UST, Mutsibishi, True Temper
Woods: Fujikura, UST, Graphite Design

UST Mamiya would be my choice.

I'd be a lot more into the shaft game if I had access to a place with a launch monitor and a variety of shafts to try. I have access to neither of those within about a 2 hour drive, so the option is basically buy it and try it on the course, which could quickly become an expensive proposition.

UST for me

Lately it has been Project X and Fujikura for woods.

As for irons, KBS, TT and now I'm going to try out Mitsubishi.

We have had threads like this on clubs in the past, but wanted to find out if there are certain shaft companies you gravitate towards as well.

TT Dynamic Gold for steel shafts. Miyazaki and Graphite Design for graphite.

I have been fit into and had success with the following. These are the brands that I look to first:
Driver: Fuji Speeder, UST ATTAS, HZRDUS Smoke Black
Irons: Project X LZ, Oban CT

Nippon in irons, KBS in wedges and Fujikura in woods

Historically it has been True Temper and most recently KBS as they added a driver/wood option. Have not tried their putter shafts though. That being said am open to other suggestions.

It was UST for irons and Project X for woods and hybrids. But, come to find out I need heavier graphite in the irons, so it's Project X in everything now.

Currently all :projectx:

Not really. I am a fan of TT, KBS, Nippon, Project X and UST.

Still trying to figure that out since things have changed so much during my break.

I used to like appollo iron shafts and accuflex shafts for woods.

Really enjoying the hzrdus smoke yellow in my current driver. Still figuring out irons and woods.

So, no. I guess there isn't one manufacturer for me yet. 🤣

Back