Shafts for lower ball flight

I had project x rifle 5.5 in my old irons and got regular flex in my new irons cause my swing speed. Think I need to go back with the stiffer flex? And do flighted shafts help much?

i would think that rifle 5.5's would be ideal, just based off your ss #'s. i played the 6.0's and they weren't too stiff. i do know that stiffer will bring the ball flight down, especially the rifle's. i'm not sure if flighted/spine'd/pure'd or all that helps to much, but i don't know.

At swing speeds below 95, a higher launch angle is preferrable. The best launch angle we have found for those speeds is around 15 to 18 degrees. It sounds like what is killing all of you is spin. First thing I would say is get on a launch monitor and find out. The shaft alone may reduce your spin by a couple hundred degrees and may lower your launch by a degree. You need to find a whole system (head and shaft) that works best. The new Ping I15 is very low spin, as well as the cleveland DST. Matching a low spin head to a low spin shaft will get the biggest bang. The diamana white board has been a good low launch, low spin shaft for us. So has the red-eyed RIP shaft.

Back