Shoe Ponders - Fashion over Function

99% function--if it doesn't work for me from a fit or comfort standpoint, I'm not buying them.

1% fashion--and I could really care less about this, I only include it because some shoes just don't fit my eye, and I'm not even wasting 50 seconds trying them on.

I would say 50-50 for me, my BioFly mesh shoes are not the best looking shoes but dam they are so comfy. For someone like me that walks 100% comfy shoes are very handy. I have Callaway shoes that are quite comfy with there insole but give me blisters on my heel.

I would say 70 Fashion/30 Function I wish I was lying but I couldn't wear something I don't like the look of.

Yeah, I would agree with this.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I just wore a pair of True Linkswear Lyt Breathe shoes, and they were spectacular.

So I'd say I'm about 97% function. One day I might own pretty shoes, but I kinda doubt it.

I would say 40% fashion, 60% comfort for me. If I'm out browsing at shoes I'll probably only stop and look at the shoes that I'm drawn to fashion wise. If they aren't comfortable though, I'm not going to buy them. On the flip side if I have read reviews of really comfortable shoes that maybe aren't the best looking I'll still give them a good chance. I walk a majority of the time so comfort is the most important thing.

For me it would be 70% fashion vs 30% function. For me a golf shoe is meant to hold the feet still during the swing. Nothing wrong with having them look nice as well. If I can't play good I want to look good at the least.

Although fashion is important, at the end of my round, don't want to feel like my feet are on fire. I'd say 80/20 for function

I think it's more of 80% function and 20% fashion. Although I want my shoes to look good, if they aren't comfortable I'm. It going to wear them very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm about a 60/40 fashion guy. They have to look good, but usually the ones that look good also provide the best support. Having played college ball, my knees too a pounding. and support is at the top of the list, HOWEVER, I wouldn't buy a pair of shoes if they didn't look good to my eyes regardless how much support they have.

70-30 function. Would t buy em if their ugly.

No, they have to fit my eye and function. I never buy shoes on line. I must try them on first.

I'm 80-20 in favor of fashion. I feel most all golf shoes are "functional" but I'd never pull a shoe off the shelf if I didn't like the way it looked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5% fashion, 95% functions . The gene pool granted me AA width feet, only Footjoy makes narrow enough shoes (unless I want to have them custom made). So I'm happy if I can find a pair that fit.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I wear fivefingers and m projects so it's 95.6578 function and 4.3422 fashion

Shoes have to look good to me. I have a pair of Ecco's that are as comfortable as hell, but are just so plain that I hardly wear them. I'm a walker though, so they have to be comfortable too. That's why I have stuck with my Adidas original Crossflex shoes. Look great and amazingly comfortable.

I have to have both but can sacrifice some looks for better performance. My current shoes have red accents and I'm not a fan and would have preferred black or grey accents but they feel so dang good I had to pull the trigger.
65% fashion
35% function

90% function and 10% fashion. I have 4 pairs of 2014 Tour 360 Lites and couple pairs of Footjoys. I love the Tour 360's so much that I have a pair each in black and white in the closet as backups for when my current ones wear out. Hopefully Adidas or someone else will come out with a model of shoe that fits my foot as well as these do soon. This 2014 model is almost not available anymore and is the most comfortable shoe ever for me and I've had at least 75 pairs of golf shoes in my life.

9_2.jpg

Last edited:
For me it's 50/50. If it looks great but doesn't perform what's the point? If it performs but I don't like the style I won't wear it. Fortunately there are plenty to choose from that satisfy both requirements for me.

Let's just say I have riding shoes and walking shoes. Riders are more fashion, walkers are more function.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

If I'm walking, and since that is the only way to play the game...sign me up as 100% function.

I'm playing golf, not modeling shoes.

I lean more towards function, but they've got to look decent. I won't wear a shoe that feels great but looks like a$$

They have to function and look good at the same time, especially since I wear all my spikeless ones to work.

Back