Shorts on the PGA Tour

I don't mind for practice rounds. I understand the dress code for tournaments, but if it's just practice I think it should be a little more relaxed and comfortable.

Shorts would look better than anything Ian Poulter is wearing.

I'm all for shorts and I think they should be allowed in tournament rounds too. I respect others' opinions, but I just don't see a single reason to keep the pants rule other than a particular group of people's personal subjective opinion that it looks more professional. Playing in shorts certainly doesn't mean that the quality of the golf won't be as good. And it can't be for safety reasons, like some other sports' dress codes. If anything, the pants rule makes the game less safe by exacerbating heat stroke issues in some tournaments. I can't think of a single other sport that imposes a during-play dress code that emphasizes form over function to the extent men's golf does. It just doesn't make sense to me. In tennis, the players originally wore long sleeves, long pants, and ankle-length dresses because it was considered more "professional." Do people think tennis should have kept that dress code?

I absolutely think that this is fine. Seems to me it would be much more comfortable, and I hope it happens

It is time for sure. We don't wear knickers anymore. It is time for the game to get with the times.

Shorts are A ok with me.

Absolutely. Now the question is would it provide any performance advantages? Not having to wear pants in the middle of July would help anyone, right?

Shorts for practice rounds and pro/am's are good by me! Still not sure I could get behind tournament rounds yet.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

I don't have a problem with it. Honestly, octopus shorts can't look any worse than octopus pants.

I am all for shorts on the Tour. I don't think we have blinked twice at caddies wearing them, so I think we let the pros do it.

I'm ok with it on practice rounds but not Thursday thru Sunday.

I'd be ok with them having the option to wear shorts. Why not?

I think it should be allowed on all days, its one rule I have never ever understood, and if you want to help shed the snobbish sentiment some get from the game that would be a good step IMO.

Absolutely.
Especially when they're playing in Asia and it's a million degrees.

I would be fine with them wearing shorts all the time. Due to heading straight to the course on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I wear pants for all my mid-week rounds. And then shorts in the weekend. I can't express in words how much more comfortable I am playing in shorts vs. pants. My guess is there are guys on tour who would feel the same way.

Yep time to allow it but the stuffy old heads running the show won't allow it.

Heck fowler wore high tops and whatever those silly pants he had on in Hawaii were.

They could put in a rule temp specific above 80 and 60% humidity then they are allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. It's time.

Yes to shorts!

Fine with shorts for all rounds. I like the idea that majors could opt out, although I'm not sure how this would work practically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allow them to wear shorts. What's the big deal? It's not like tennis players or basketball players wear pants.

I don't understand why it's not an option already as I don't think it affects the game at all.

I think during the summer they need it. Maybe a temperature to regulate it but atleast have the option

Practice rounds and Pro Am's yes. Just not sure how i would feel about tournament play. These guys have awful tan lines on their foreheads imagine what their legs look like

Back