Shot Scope MyStrategy

This is really cool for going through an unknown course beforehand or analyzing gome course performance and options.

I have several holes at my home course, where the selection of tee club can make or break the hole and subsequently the round.

This will be heavily used, once I've accumulated enough data.

So creating and saving tee shots ahead of time doesn't transfer over to an actual round? I assumed it would pop up and show me what I had picked or something while playing, but no.

So creating and saving tee shots ahead of time doesn't transfer over to an actual round? I assumed it would pop up and show me what I had picked or something while playing, but no.

You can open the app while playing, hit the "+" in the bottom right of the Rounds screen, and view any strategy that you have saved.

You can open the app while playing, hit the "+" in the bottom right of the Rounds screen, and view any strategy that you have saved.

Thanks, I'll look for that next time. Missed it Saturday.

As of this morning, the yardages for each club haven't been fixed. Seems to be using longest, not P-AVG. This is obviously tee shot focused. You can move the blue dot (on the dashboard) to an approach location, but I think you can only save one shot per hole, either the tee shot or the approach.

Not sure if this is the best thread for this question, but as I find it strategy related, here it goes.

Is there any way to get a download of the number of times each club in the bag has been hit? I would find it useful for bag makeup decisions knowing that certain clubs I rarely use and could be dropped.

Not sure if this is the best thread for this question, but as I find it strategy related, here it goes.

Is there any way to get a download of the number of times each club in the bag has been hit? I would find it useful for bag makeup decisions knowing that certain clubs I rarely use and could be dropped.
For example, under Performance, Tee shots, choose your timeframe 1/5/10/15 2023, etc., then hover your mouse pointer over the club in the Fairway Success area, and it will tell you how many shots have been hit with that club during the timeframe chosen. In the Approach area, select By Club in the Proximity area and hover over any club, or hover over any club in Green Success or Shots to finish, and it will show how many times the club was used for the timeframe chosen.

As of this morning, the yardages for each club haven't been fixed. Seems to be using longest, not P-AVG. This is obviously tee shot focused. You can move the blue dot (on the dashboard) to an approach location, but I think you can only save one shot per hole, either the tee shot or the approach.
Given that the system is using the last 30 shots for each club, the timeframe will vary by club depending on how frequently you use it. For example, if I use the driver 10 times per round, it only takes three rounds to accumulate 30 shots. However, if I only use my 5i once in a round on average, it would take 30 rounds which could take weeks and weeks (or longer depending on how frequently one plays) to accumulate 30 shots, Thus, it is hard to compare the yardages shown in My Strategy with the P-AVG shown under Performance by Club. However, they do now appear to be using the P-AVG and the yardages per club are now making more sense.

For example, under Performance, Tee shots, choose your timeframe 1/5/10/15 2023, etc., then hover your mouse pointer over the club in the Fairway Success area, and it will tell you how many shots have been hit with that club during the timeframe chosen. In the Approach area, select By Club in the Proximity area and hover over any club, or hover over any club in Green Success or Shots to finish, and it will show how many times the club was used for the timeframe chosen.
Thanks, I hadn't thought of that approach, but it provides the information that I'm interested in.

LOVE THIS. Keeps getting better

Holy **** this is incredible!

Very cool new feature. I’m gonna need to dust off my sensors or more likely order some of the redesigned ones.
Redesigned sensors? Do tell…

They have 2 styles. The original that came with the V3 and H4 and then the newer ones that come with the X5. They do a better job of picking up at a longer distance.

They have 2 styles. The original that came with the V3 and H4 and then the newer ones that come with the X5. They do a better job of picking up at a longer distance.
Plus the new ones are a bit concave so they fit better if your grip has a more rounded butt end.

The rounded ones hug my Lamkin St+ hybrid grips really well.

Last year they updated them, so the will sit flush with a curved butt end of grip.

They have updated the sensor too. But I don’t remember that detail.

Been playing around with the MyStrategy feature this winter. I thought it was a nice tool to plan a round on a course you're unfamiliar with, or to see if your strategy on a course you play frequently is correct.

While it does both of those things very well, what's really clicking with this tool is how well it shows dispersion - which in my case is very poor. Visually mapping this out on a course is like seeing my swing on video for the first time.

As the club gets longer, the dispersion should widen. If the cone on the left represents a consistent swing throughout the bag - both in distance and dispersion, the cone on the right would be mine. Distances are somewhat normal (and I use that word "normal" loosely), but my dispersion is anything but. These graphics are not accurate, they're just to make my point.

Cone.png

This doesn't jump out at me when looking at approach data. I knew my wedges were a weakness, but until I started using different clubs from different distance in the software did I realize how much of weakness they were.

Finally getting around to testing this out. Playing today at a course I struggle at times with even though I play there often. Am I correct in seeing that you can only basically choose your club off the tee or playing to a number? Is that the strategy?

Finally getting around to testing this out. Playing today at a course I struggle at times with even though I play there often. Am I correct in seeing that you can only basically choose your club off the tee or playing to a number? Is that the strategy?
That's what I was seeing when I tried it out.

That's what I was seeing when I tried it out.
I guess you can't really plan on which club you will hit second unless you execute part 1 to perfection anyways lol

I guess you can't really plan on which club you will hit second unless you execute part 1 to perfection anyways lol
Haha I had that thought too as to why there wasn't the 2nd shot option.

I did really like adding the dispersion of your last 30 shots, to see where they would fall on the hole map. Influenced a few of my decisions last round.

Yes, only tee shots. They've said the don't want to do anything after that because they can't control what kind of lie you're in, is the ball damp, how thick is the rough, uphill/downhill/sidehill lie, etc. and as soon as you give someone a number that ends up being wrong because of the lie the customer loses faith in the product. Tee shots are all controlled lies. (y)

Haha I had that thought too as to why there wasn't the 2nd shot option.

Yes, only tee shots.
Actually, if you don't have a club selected, you can move the shot location to anywhere you want. You can save that shot, but only one per hole. Here, I've moved the shot location to the area where my 2nd shot typically takes place from on my club's first hole, a par 4, but have not selected a club:

1714587913343.png

I found an interesting hole at my course in MyStrategy. It's a 400 yard par 4, with water that starts about 240 yards out.

1714589162242.png

At the 280-290 mark where my best drives would run out, the distance between the water and treeline is at most 25 yards.

(Side Note: it would be really great to have a "measure" function in the MyStrategy like you have on Google Maps/Earth)

So my typical strategy is to pick a club that will almost never reach the water. This is in line with the Decade driving decision tree of assuming a 65 yard wide dispersion, and looks something like this:

1714589457563.png

As you can see, picking a target where all my shots are inside the treeline, and very few reach the water, it's predicting an average score of 4.7.

Using the same method of keeping my shots inside the treeline, I'm getting a lower average shots to finish with both 3 wood and driver, even with a substantial number of balls going into the water:

1714589980554.png

1714590129494.png

What I suspect is happening here is that, for the shots in the water, it's assuming my drop will be from the distance the shot is plotted at. So for instance if I hit a 280 yard drive to 125 yards away in the water, it's assuming my next shot after the drop will be 125 yards away in the fairway or rough. In reality, with my ballflight (RH draw), 75-90% of the time if I drive it into the water I will need to drop back where the shots from the 5W screenshot is located, which is ~160 yards away. So, the water shots to finish should really be closer to 4.8.

I think it still might be a net positive to have the Shots to Finish data for straightforward holes, but between knowing to plot inside the treeline, and how the Shots to Finish from the water is calculated, I'd be curious if the average user is aware of this level of nuance when using the tool.

Actually, if you don't have a club selected, you can move the shot location to anywhere you want. You can save that shot, but only one per hole. Here, I've moved the shot location to the area where my 2nd shot typically takes place from on my club's first hole, a par 4, but have not selected a club:

View attachment 9262411
This^^^
As much as I’ve played around with it on courses yet to be played, I’ll also use it on courses I’m familiar with that have small, very well protected greens. If you select a particular spot from the fairway and then the club that will get you that distance, the “cone” of that selected club can show you if it’s foolish to go for that green with that club, for example.

Back