Guess I need to do the update, hope it's not as painful as the last one was. 🤞

Is there any way to edit the color assigned to a set of tees? When I first got this, the nines were reversed on my course in their mapping. I used the correct colors, and now they're stuck with the incorrect routing.

I’m ready to junk mine too. Last round 16 holes were just completely off. Phantom shots , showing me on the other side of a hazard, etc...

I've definitely noticed that it captures the GPS signal faster. Once given the go ahead to head to the 1st tee, it takes a couple of minutes to drive to it, going through a tunnel under a six lane highway along the way. It used to be that as we pulled up to the back tees waiting for the guys in front of us to go off it would still be searching. Now it finds the GPS signal(s) before we even get to the tunnel.

I've looked at the yardage of the last shot once or twice but really don't need that info during the course of my round so it's kind of a meaningless feature for me. More time needs to be put into the dashboard to provide additional info such as Shots Gained, shot and score history for each hole including graphically, selecting which rounds to look at instead of Last, last 15 and all........

How do you see or get to the last shot yardage? When I played yesterday for the first time after the firmware I expected it to just show up on the main screen..but didnt notice it. Hit a couple buttons and didn't see anything there either.

How do you see or get to the last shot yardage? When I played yesterday for the first time after the firmware I expected it to just show up on the main screen..but didnt notice it. Hit a couple buttons and didn't see anything there either.
You push the top left button after hitting your shot.

In my case, I use the Lock Button feature so I hit the unlock button, then the menu button on the top left. The first thing that shows up then is a yardage. I'm not sure if you can wait until you get to where your ball ended up or if you have to do it soon after the shot and see it increase in yardage as you go along. That is what I have done the very few times I've used it.

In my case, I use the Lock Button feature so I hit the unlock button, then the menu button on the top left. The first thing that shows up then is a yardage. I'm not sure if you can wait until you get to where your ball ended up or if you have to do it soon after the shot and see it increase in yardage as you go along. That is what I have done the very few times I've used it.
You can wait until you arrive at your ball/next shot.

Well, after ranting and raving earlier that I was done with V3, if of course kept using it. Didn’t miss a shot on Sunday. Not one. Dare I say maybe they are getting on top of the glitches.

My biggest issue with the V3 is that distances to hazards is inaccurate. And not by a few yards.....sometimes as much as 50 yards.

My biggest issue with the V3 is that distances to hazards is inaccurate. And not by a few yards.....sometimes as much as 50 yards.
On multiple courses or just one? If just one, it could be a mapping issue.

All courses.
Since our carts are equipped with large screen GPS systems which show distances to and over hazards I don't use that feature with the V3. I'll have to take a look here and there and see how the yardages compare to the GPS on the carts.

Hmm, just yesterday I checked some hazard distances with my range finder to compare. The 2 water hazards and 1 bunker I checked were spot on as far as to distance, carry distance was about 2 yards long on all 3.

I think the issue I’ve found with hazards is say a Creek runs all the way across the fairway diagonally. It might be 150 to it on the left side. 170 in the middle to it and 200 to the right.
what would the v3 pick up? I could never figure that out so I don’t use it for hazards really. I’ll just shoot those if visible.
Same with traps. If there is a trap in front of the green that is fairly deep does it pick up the yardage to the front or to carry it ?
That could be as much as 10-20 yds If it’s a large trap.

I think the issue I’ve found with hazards is say a Creek runs all the way across the fairway diagonally. It might be 150 to it on the left side. 170 in the middle to it and 200 to the right.
what would the v3 pick up? I could never figure that out so I don’t use it for hazards really. I’ll just shoot those if visible.
Same with traps. If there is a trap in front of the green that is fairly deep does it pick up the yardage to the front or to carry it ?
That could be as much as 10-20 yds If it’s a large trap.
It’s my understanding that all these devices base their yardage on the most direct line/path to the hole from where your ball rests. So a creek that runs at a diagonal will indeed have varying distances. However, it is reporting the distance of the line that bisects your ball and the middle of the green. Even then, the distances of most hazards and bunkers are not even remotely accurate.

I'm curious. I am having zero issues with shot tracking. All shots are recorded and no extra shots are added. However, my curiosity has to do with GPS accuracy. How accurate are any of you finding the pin collect (i.e. pin location) on the green? I am thinking my course, one that I play every day, has some mapping issues as the pin is sometimes way off from where I hit the button. However, if everyone is finding the pin location to be off using whichever GPS setting (L1 or L1+L5) it may not be a mapping issue just GPS inaccuracy. Either way, I don't want to address mapping with Shot Scope right now as there are plans to add new tee boxes on a couple of the holes.

I'm curious. I am having zero issues with shot tracking. All shots are recorded and no extra shots are added. However, my curiosity has to do with GPS accuracy. How accurate are any of you finding the pin collect (i.e. pin location) on the green? I am thinking my course, one that I play every day, has some mapping issues as the pin is sometimes way off from where I hit the button. However, if everyone is finding the pin location to be off using whichever GPS setting (L1 or L1+L5) it may not be a mapping issue just GPS inaccuracy. Either way, I don't want to address mapping with Shot Scope right now as there are plans to add new tee boxes on a couple of the holes.
my watch never finds the course when usingL1 + L5 so I use L1.

I use the manual putting feature to mark all my putts plus the pin.

I’d say most of the time it’s pretty accurate. Every now and then I’ll make something like a 10 footer and it will say 3 or 4 foot etc. I just edit that based off memory post round.

my watch never finds the course when usingL1 + L5 so I use L1.

I use the manual putting feature to mark all my putts plus the pin.

I’d say most of the time it’s pretty accurate. Every now and then I’ll make something like a 10 footer and it will say 3 or 4 foot etc. I just edit that based off memory post round.
I've tried both L1 and L1+L5 and no issue with finding the course. GPS yardages seem to be within reason of what the GPs on the cart shows, but using Pin Collect the pin location can be shown a significant distance from where I tagged it when I review the round.

Christmas in October! I was really hoping the weather would cooperate enough to let me get out in the course with it. Maybe I'll get lucky one of these coming weeks.

20201019_183907.jpg

Love the updated watch. Looks pretty nice on the wrist. I'm the age of smart devices, this does not stand out any more than any other watch. The watch band seems to be pretty rugged. My weak wrists probably make it look bigger than it actually is :)

20201019_184404.jpg

Love how thin the tags are too.

20201019_184606.jpg

I had taken Arccos out for a test drive this fall and it was kind of a big failure for me. The tags seemed huge. Had issues getting any shots recorded or even getting the app to proceed to the next hole. Can't wait to get this out in the course!

Thanks for the sweet Instagram giveaway @JB !

Think maybe my ball got caught up in an airplane ✈️
C82EA6BC-C816-49A0-8C1A-62A9FF14DE71.jpeg

Christmas in October! I was really hoping the weather would cooperate enough to let me get out in the course with it. Maybe I'll get lucky one of these coming weeks.

View attachment 8970128

Love the updated watch. Looks pretty nice on the wrist. I'm the age of smart devices, this does not stand out any more than any other watch. The watch band seems to be pretty rugged. My weak wrists probably make it look bigger than it actually is :)

View attachment 8970131

Love how thin the tags are too.

View attachment 8970132

I had taken Arccos out for a test drive this fall and it was kind of a big failure for me. The tags seemed huge. Had issues getting any shots recorded or even getting the app to proceed to the next hole. Can't wait to get this out in the course!

Thanks for the sweet Instagram giveaway @JB !

Looking forward to your thoughts.

For those that have been waiting, Shot Scope V3 is back in stock on their website.

Back