Shot Scope X5 Watch

Have you reached out to customer service? They have always been very responsive. It is worth a shot to ask.
I did and their first response was to buy the 4 pack of tags.
I replied that 2 of those tags I can't use so 30$ Canadian for 2 tags was step. Haven't heard back.

I am a V3 and X5 owner and have lined though all kinds of issues with both because of great customer service and they work to improve the product and fix the bugs.

Hopefully they can do something for me. As it is I bought the X5 on the printer in their initial launch that you could get 2 rounds on a charge. Never got more than 27 holes.
My old V3 got 2 with room to spare.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

I did and their first response was to buy the 4 pack of tags.
I replied that 2 of those tags I can't use so 30$ Canadian for 2 tags was step. Haven't heard back.

I am a V3 and X5 owner and have lined though all kinds of issues with both because of great customer service and they work to improve the product and fix the bugs.

Hopefully they can do something for me. As it is I bought the X5 on the printer in their initial launch that you could get 2 rounds on a charge. Never got more than 27 holes.
My old V3 got 2 with room to spare.

Did you sell your V3? If you still have it, the old tags that came with works just as well with the X5. The only tag I have ever had break and get lost was the original putter tag that came with the V3. I thought I had screwed it in far enough on a back-weighted putter, but it snapped off. On glued-on putter tags, I crisscross electrical tape over them, and sensing of the tag seems to be unaffected. For whatever reason, the newer tags that came with the X5 don't get real tight on my GP CP2 grips when screwed in, so I have added some electrical tape wrapped around the sides. Keeps them nice and tight.

Still have my v3. Was the v3 tags that broke as well as 1 o f the new ones.
I made incision in the grip hole to retrieve tor broken bit in the shaft the. Installed the new tags and reinforced with tape but despite my best efforts 2 more got lost as the tape was not enough over time to prevent the rage from falling out.

At the time I didn't want to spend 50 dollars getting grips replaced while on vacation to remove the broken screw parts....

Most grips these days so t have flat grip caps and so over time the irons in particular the base of the tag gets torqued and the screw snaps.
The newer tags seem better built so will see what happens.

I think customer service has said if it is 1 or tags they might exceptionally send a direct replacement.

I've used tape, velcro, and various kinds of silicone adhesive and the adhesive seems to work the best. Last one I glued I used some of this and it worked pretty well:

View attachment 9251418
Found this in the house, still in the box, unopened. Lol. Gave it a shot. We'll see starting next month if it holds up and keeps the tag in place. 🤞

1000008867.jpg

Still have my v3. Was the v3 tags that broke as well as 1 o f the new ones.
I made incision in the grip hole to retrieve tor broken bit in the shaft the. Installed the new tags and reinforced with tape but despite my best efforts 2 more got lost as the tape was not enough over time to prevent the rage from falling out.

At the time I didn't want to spend 50 dollars getting grips replaced while on vacation to remove the broken screw parts....

Most grips these days so t have flat grip caps and so over time the irons in particular the base of the tag gets torqued and the screw snaps.
The newer tags seem better built so will see what happens.

I think customer service has said if it is 1 or tags they might exceptionally send a direct replacement.

Another thing I do to protect my tags, never having one break or fall out and get lost since doing this, is use either small, self-stick felt furniture pads (15mm), or Self Adhesive Glass Table Top Bumpers 20mm). The Table Top Bumpers have the advantage of being pretty much see-through. Either keeps the tags from wearing due to rubbing on the bottom of the bag and may or may not help with the breakage issue. All I can tell you is, again, none have broken or gotten lost since I started doing this, and I play a lot of golf (every weekday, weather permitting, year 'round).

Another thing I do to protect my tags, never having one break or fall out and get lost since doing this, is use either small, self-stick felt furniture pads (15mm), or Self Adhesive Glass Table Top Bumpers 20mm). The Table Top Bumpers have the advantage of being pretty much see-through. Either keeps the tags from wearing due to rubbing on the bottom of the bag and may or may not help with the breakage issue. All I can tell you is, again, none have broken or gotten lost since I started doing this, and I play a lot of golf (every weekday, weather permitting, year 'round).
Thanks for the tip I may consider trying this. However I find especially the newer tags are already quite thick compared to the originals and would not necessarily want to make them thicker.

The reason for them breaking appears to be that the grips that I use which are generally either Lampkin or ones from Golf pride that still also have more of a domed cap as opposed to the flat cap of say the multi compound.
The flat cap the top of the grip and the tag sit flush with each other so there is no torquing of the stem of the screw. However with these curved top of the grips especially the older tags do not sit flush and so there is a gap between the bottom of the tag and the top of the drip cap so when the club goes into the bag it will often cause pressure and strain on where the stem meets the flat part of the tag.
Eventually after repeated banging in and out of the golf bag it weakens that point and it snaps.

So my point in summary is that the type of grip on your club and how the shape of the cap from flat to domed will definitely impact your risk of breakage. I do not think a piece of felt or rubber padding on top of it will change the torquing effect I described above.

Thanks for the tip I may consider trying this. However I find especially the newer tags are already quite thick compared to the originals and would not necessarily want to make them thicker.

The reason for them breaking appears to be that the grips that I use which are generally either Lampkin or ones from Golf pride that still also have more of a domed cap as opposed to the flat cap of say the multi compound.
The flat cap the top of the grip and the tag sit flush with each other so there is no torquing of the stem of the screw. However with these curved top of the grips especially the older tags do not sit flush and so there is a gap between the bottom of the tag and the top of the drip cap so when the club goes into the bag it will often cause pressure and strain on where the stem meets the flat part of the tag.
Eventually after repeated banging in and out of the golf bag it weakens that point and it snaps.

So my point in summary is that the type of grip on your club and how the shape of the cap from flat to domed will definitely impact your risk of breakage. I do not think a piece of felt or rubber padding on top of it will change the torquing effect I described above.

This makes sense to me. I use MCC +2 grips and have never had one fall out or break. Perhaps I have been fortunate, but mine do sit flush. I have developed a habit that is now unconsciously part of my routine, where I check to see how tight the tag is when pulling the club from my bag. I have been using either Arccos sensors or Shot Scope tags for at least 5 or 6 years and it is a funny, ingrained part of my routine.

I've used old and new tags with flat and rounded cap grips and still not had any break off. The newer tags, which are concave and supposed to be better suited for rounded end caps, never get "tight" on grips with the rounded end cap. I can continue to turn them even when flush with the grip. They do get tight when used on flat end caps, except for the PXG grip on my driver, while the "old" tags get tight on all my grips. The grips I use are either GP CP2Pro (rounded end cap), the GP Zgrip+2 (flat end cap), or the PXG grip(flat end cap) on the driver.

Also, the felt or glass table-top bumpers add no appreciable weight nor thickness, though the felt pads add the least amount of height. One would have to be pretty sensitive to notice any difference from just using the tags by themselves, as I don't. I had two tags wear around the edges and, when that happened, they no longer were recognized. That is when I started using the felt protection, switching later to the the rubber.
SS Tags.jpg

Just unboxed my X5 last night. Looks awesome, btw! But does anybody have a super stroke putter grip but can't attach the putter tag due to not being able to screw it in on top? I see there are tags you buy from Shot Scope that stick on, but does anybody have any alternative options to just use the one it comes with, a la, cut the tip off on the bottom that screws in and use glue or 3m Velcro? I'd love to hear what you did.

I cut the thread end of the sensor down in length so it fits the hex hole in the SS grip cap, then filed the threads somewhat in a hex shape so it fits the hole. Fixed it with strong double sided sticky tape…that sensor is going nowhere.

Fairways & Greens

2d022a68fd6a524d7dc501bffa785560.jpg

Fairways & Greens

Well, I played 9 today and used my X5 for the first time. I ended my round and tried to sync my round in the app and after 100%, it doesn't show anything... Am I missing something? Was I supposed to be connected via Bluetooth to my phone the whole time or something?? Because the connection dropped once I got too far away from the cart.. I'm lost. Lol.

Well, I played 9 today and used my X5 for the first time. I ended my round and tried to sync my round in the app and after 100%, it doesn't show anything... Am I missing something? Was I supposed to be connected via Bluetooth to my phone the whole time or something?? Because the connection dropped once I got too far away from the cart.. I'm lost. Lol.
I responded to this n the other thread, you posted the same thing. What "doesn't show anything", the app, the watch? What does the online Dashboard show?

I got tired of fighting with my X5 last year about half way through the season, but want to give it another go. Other than I'm assuming updating the firmware, is there anything else I should do to ensure the best possible functioning?

IMG_1972.jpeg
That moment you realize that a tag broke off… lol

I got tired of fighting with my X5 last year about half way through the season, but want to give it another go. Other than I'm assuming updating the firmware, is there anything else I should do to ensure the best possible functioning?
Make sure you ensure that the club is tagged before swinging. That’s my big advice.

I suggest doing a "factory reset". Hold the Crown button in. When the X5 logo screen appears, continue to hold the Crown button in until a screen with three options appears. Release the Crown button, then press it twice so that the little arrow point to the last option. Then press the bottom button to confirm your choice. You will know if you have done it correctly if you have to reinstall the firmware (it will install the latest version), and you will have to go through initial setup on the app (except you won't lose your Bluetooth connectivity during the process). The "factory reset" seems to cure a lot of the issues people tend to experience, at least for those who have done it.

Just make sure you update it. Rarely have any issues on my end. Just a couple quick updates post round editing.

I suggest doing a "factory reset". Hold the Crown button in. When the X5 logo screen appears, continue to hold the Crown button in until a screen with three options appears. Release the Crown button, then press it twice so that the little arrow point to the last option. Then press the bottom button to confirm your choice. You will know if you have done it correctly if you have to reinstall the firmware (it will install the latest version), and you will have to go through initial setup on the app (except you won't lose your Bluetooth connectivity during the process). The "factory reset" seems to cure a lot of the issues people tend to experience, at least for those who have done it.
Thanks I'll do that once it's done charging.

I'm playing a significantly different setup with my clubs this year too. Any suggestions as far as setting/resetting my bag? If possible, I'd like to just start over with the data collection across the board.

I'm playing a significantly different setup with my clubs this year too. Any suggestions as far as setting/resetting my bag? If possible, I'd like to just start over with the data collection across the board.
More than one of the same club will show up as a different color, and you can filter to "active clubs" only if you so desire. Just make sure whatever clubs are actually in your bag have been assigned to the appropriate tags in the MyBag feature. Otherwise, I think you would have to create a new account with a different email address.

Well damn, right back to where I was with this when I gave up on it last year. Did a factory reset and firmware update no problem, then it wanted to update one of my courses, but rather than doing that it's just frozen up doing nothing. :cautious:

That's a fun hole! So are you telling me you didn't drive it 302 yards?
Put it in the last bunker on the right, then hit a great bunker shot.

Back