Shot Scope X5 Watch

Another round with the 2.1.13 firmware. The GPS yardages were way off today, compared to my buddy's Garmin and compared to what I was lasering. Several shots were missed on the back 9, no rhyme or reason club wise. I used the Read Tags function, and it is recognizing clubs here at home. On 17, it placed my drive at the back tee box, and though I hit a 9i for my 2nd shot, it recorded it as my 6i. Other than checking "Last Shot" distances a couple of times, and using manual putting, I really didn't interact with it except for "Pause".

Oh, that was another strange thing, too. @GavinwithaR1, is there a time limit on how long it lets you "pause" a round? I ask because it came out of pause mode and I had to go through the process a 2nd time to pause it before teeing off on 1.

Good question on the pause, not sure, will ask next week.

On the GPS yardages? Which course was it at?

I think Driver on the back tee box and then 6i, we have missed both shots, and it has made some assumptions.

The course is:

Oak Hollow Golf Course
3005 N. McDonald Street
McKinney, TX 75071

I've played the course 40 times so far using the V3 then the X5, back to the V3 for a couple of rounds, and now back to the X5 since the latest firmware release. Distances have never been all that great, as I'm often presented the Pin Collect screen when still well off most greens. However, the distances today were much farther off than usual.

I wouldn't bother with remapping or checking into it, @GavinwithaR1, as starting Tuesday they will be replacing all 18 greens, enlarging some by as much as 30%, and changing the shaping of many if not most. Tee boxes will also be enlarged and, at least in one case, a new tee box will be created. The course will be shut down until probably some time in September. Don't waste your resources looking into it at this point.

I certainly appreciate the offer!

Any thoughts on why a few shots just wouldn't be recognized? I think I'll do a reboot before my next round on Monday.

The course is:

Oak Hollow Golf Course
3005 N. McDonald Street
McKinney, TX 75071

I've played the course 40 times so far using the V3 then the X5, back to the V3 for a couple of rounds, and now back to the X5 since the latest firmware release. Distances have never been all that great, as I'm often presented the Pin Collect screen when still well off most greens. However, the distances today were much farther off than usual.

I wouldn't bother with remapping or checking into it, @GavinwithaR1, as starting Tuesday they will be replacing all 18 greens, enlarging some by as much as 30%, and changing the shaping of many if not most. Tee boxes will also be enlarged and, at least in one case, a new tee box will be created. The course will be shut down until probably some time in September. Don't waste your resources looking into it at this point.

Any thoughts on why a few shots just wouldn't be recognized? I think I'll do a reboot before my next round on Monday.

No worries, sent you a PM for your email to look into the shots.

The course is:

Oak Hollow Golf Course
3005 N. McDonald Street
McKinney, TX 75071

I had a tee shot that missed driver registering, then I hit my second shot with my 9i, but I had selected driver on the tee box after I hit. The watch missed the 9i shot and said I hit my driver 375y 🤷‍♂️

Could it have been a missed club, then used the next club used on the hole for the one from the previous spot?

I had a tee shot that missed driver registering, then I hit my second shot with my 9i, but I had selected driver on the tee box after I hit. The watch missed the 9i shot and said I hit my driver 375y 🤷‍♂️

Could it have been a missed club, then used the next club used on the hole for the one from the previous spot?
I certainly do not recall gripping my driver or 9i on that hole any different than I usually do such that the club wouldn't be recognized. I am going to go out to the car and test all my tags (I'm using the new ones) even though the watch was reading some of the old V3 tags on clubs I have in the house. It worked flawlessly in previous rounds since the latest firmware release. Today surprised me.

When I fitted my new tags I tested each one on the watch in the Tag Read setting, by holding the club in my left hand as if a normal swing grip.

It recognised all of them within 1-2 seconds. Ive5only used them for one round so far but haven't had any mis-reads yet. I generally glance at the watch face as I'm walking to my ball and check the club any way.

Not quite sure if you have to start with the X5 off or if it works starting with it on. Hold in the crown button. Continue to hold it in, and you will see a countdown, then the X5 logo screen. If you let go at this point, you are just doing a reboot. For a "factory reset:, continue to hold the crown button in until you see a screen with three options. Now you can release the crown button, then push it in twice to select the third option, factory reset. Then hit the other button, the back button, to confirm your choice. At this point, you'll be prompted to connect to the app. It will take several minutes for the rest to complete. You will then have to go through initial setup on the app, just as if it just came out of the box.
I'll check again but I don't remember seeing three options it just vibrated like crazy and after about 10 seconds did what it called a "Hard Reboot" my round history was still in there after the reboot though. The watch is going to a new owner tomorrow so I want to give it to them in 'factory' condition.

They use Google and Bing. Unfortunately my home course added a bunch of bunkers beginning last season and none of them have been updated on Google or Bing so shotscope can't make the changes.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

I'll check again but I don't remember seeing three options it just vibrated like crazy and after about 10 seconds did what it called a "Hard Reboot" my round history was still in there after the reboot though. The watch is going to a new owner tomorrow so I want to give it to them in 'factory' condition.
You have to continue to hold the crown button in until you see the three options.

Second round on the new firmware, all is great except for what I had mention a week or two ago. At random today, the swipe up to unlock icon kept blinking after about 7 holes into the round. gps distances still update and such so watch seems to still “work” but it definitely doesn’t pick up putts when this happens. Also missed 1-2 chips around the green. About 5-6 holes later it stopped blinking and worked without problems but then it happened again for holes 17-18. Also when this happens, when I’m on the green it does change to pin collect screen but I’m unable to tap on anything on the screen to add putts, it always defaults to pickup.

ezgif.com-crop.gif

You have to continue to hold the crown button in until you see the three options.
Still hold it after the 'hard reset' you mean?

Just popping in to say after the firmware update yesterday it tracked my round to the same level as the V3, only missed one chip when I still messing around with hybrid in my hand when I thought about using it for a bump and run before switching to 9 iron

Still hold it after the 'hard reset' you mean?
Yes, until you see the three options listed. Then release the crown button. To select "Factory Reset", which is the bottom option, you push the crown button twice. You will see an arrow pointing to that option. Then push the bottom "back" button, bottom button, to confirm.

Just popping in to say after the firmware update yesterday it tracked my round to the same level as the V3, only missed one chip when I still messing around with hybrid in my hand when I thought about using it for a bump and run before switching to 9 iron
That's the same thing I came in to say.

I played with the new firmware and it worked just fine.

I also ended up playing once earlier in the previous firmware and for the first time I think I also didn't have any issues.

It looks like we're getting some resolution - and the new previous distance for the clubs thing is magical.

@GavinwithaR1 this was asked earlier by myself in response to @Junkyard but possibly missed. Are there any plans to add a "-" option for manual putting, or some way to quickly fix a mistake?

Same request. Need a quick way to fix manual putting when a mistake is made. Playing partners get annoyed when you're standing at the pin and fidgeting with your watch for 2-3 minutes.

@GavinwithaR1 this was asked earlier by myself in response to @Junkyard but possibly missed. Are there any plans to add a "-" option for manual putting, or some way to quickly fix a mistake?

I have passed it on to the team.

They still have some bugs to look at but will certainly make sure they look at this.

Got a little bit of feedback here.

So with manual putting, you click a button or hit the screen to record a putt.

How are mistakes happening. I am not a manual putt user so need to understand the issue a bit better etc.

How are mistakes happening. I am not a manual putt user so need to understand the issue a bit better etc.
Few times I’ve done it it’s simply hitting the + button to firm and it leads me to go from a 1 putt to a 2 putt. Can be fixed in edits but would be nice to have a + and - option.

I use manual putting, and it will occasionally, though very rarely in my case, add an extra putt either because I've hit the "+" too lightly or too firmly, I can't tell you which, somehow sensing it as a double tap.

@GavinwithaR1 I just started a a round and when asked if I wanted scoring I said NO. I’m on the fourth hole and It’s asked me to enter my score after every hole. Second time this has happened. Not a huge deal but wanted to mention it

I've had multiple times using manual putting that it works fine the first 9, then the second nine defaults to 2 putts when I walk on the green. Even happened when I chipped in and never went near the sensor on the putter. I think @Junkyard has had the same issue also.

@GavinwithaR1
OK- WE HAVE PROGRESS!!!!
PROS- We did not lose my round and actually sync'd with X5 with the iOS App.
CONS - Lost 13 shots indiscriminately on clubs that it registered earlier in the round:
Typical of what was lost - 2 shots missed including an additional putt.
1685137234575.png

Back