Shot Scope X5 Watch

Nope…don’t mean that one…the white stripe in the grey area at the bottom of the screen, through ‘H7 P4’ …

I had the same problem todayIMG_0300.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_9855.jpeg
Tale of two sides today so I’ll write up more later but had a great day with a PB today and have really come to enjoy using the watch with my game.

This question is for those of you who use manual putting for reasons other than using a broomstick or armlock putter or those who don't want to glue a sensor to the end of a counter-weighted putter: Why have you decided to go manual and do you think it gives you any more accuracy of ball locations on the green?

I re-edited last night's round and determined that putting positions were not terribly accurate (pin positions were quite good, however) and once I did the edits, my stokes gained putting improved significantly.

Ok not sure what happened, but I lost my Bluetooth connection and can not sync my watch. I can not repair it with my watch. How do I do the factory reset?IMG_0301.png

Ok not sure what happened, but I lost my Bluetooth connection and can not sync my watch. I can not repair it with my watch. How do I do the factory reset?View attachment 9182395

I was able to get it synced after several attempts. Not really sure what causes the issue.

This question is for those of you who use manual putting for reasons other than using a broomstick or armlock putter or those who don't want to glue a sensor to the end of a counter-weighted putter: Why have you decided to go manual and do you think it gives you any more accuracy of ball locations on the green?

I re-edited last night's round and determined that putting positions were not terribly accurate (pin positions were quite good, however) and once I did the edits, my stokes gained putting improved significantly.
I started out using Auto putting mode with the V3 and stuck with it for a long time. For the longer putts where I would take a few or at least significant practice strokes, it was fine. However, for it to recognize shorter putts, I felt like I looked stupid taking exaggerated practice swings to try to get the putt recognized. Even then, most of my shorter putts went unrecognized and defaulted to 2-foot putts.

I went to Manual putting mode because it was so much easier for all putts to just tap the button for the putt's location rather than rely on it recognizing the stroke itself. I have stuck with Manual since getting the X5. I feel neither method is all that accurate, given GPS inaccuracy. Heck, I can have a putt hang on the lip, stand in the exact same putt and add the putt and mark the pin location, and they will be feet apart when I go to edit the round. The "Tap-in" function was a great addition to the Dashboard for editing.

I started out using Auto putting mode with the V3 and stuck with it for a long time. For the longer putts where I would take a few or at least significant practice strokes, it was fine. However, for it to recognize shorter putts, I felt like I looked stupid taking exaggerated practice swings to try to get the putt recognized. Even then, most of my shorter putts went unrecognized and defaulted to 2-foot putts.

I went to Manual putting mode because it was so much easier for all putts to just tap the button for the putt's location rather than rely on it recognizing the stroke itself. I have stuck with Manual since getting the X5. I feel neither method is all that accurate, given GPS inaccuracy. Heck, I can have a putt hang on the lip, stand in the exact same putt and add the putt and mark the pin location, and they will be feet apart when I go to edit the round. The "Tap-in" function was a great addition to the Dashboard for editing.

@Phil75070 - Your reply makes sense to me as part of the issue I described with last night's round was putts defaulting to 2-feet. On my V3 I briefly used manual putting for an armlock experiment and found that manual was pretty easy to use....as long as I remembered to do so. Thanks for the imput!

So I tried again today.
last night I did a factory reset but today was the same issue. Could not get a gps signal for ages then when it eventually did it kept dropping. Only option now is to reach out to CS and ask for a replacement.

@Phil75070 - Your reply makes sense to me as part of the issue I described with last night's round was putts defaulting to 2-feet. On my V3 I briefly used manual putting for an armlock experiment and found that manual was pretty easy to use....as long as I remembered to do so. Thanks for the imput!
It took a while for me to remember to do it on every putt. As long as I have been doing it, I still forget once in a while on a first putt, then have to go back and mark where I had putted from. It is still better than Auto for me, personally.

Updated the firmware, ready to go tomorrow.

I had a great experience playing my first round with the updated firmware. All of my shots were tracked. After finishing the front nine, I used the playback 9 without a problem. While playing the back 9, I noticed an exclamation point "!" indicating a potential issue with the scores. I tried to identify where I missed a score, but honestly, the process was a bit too complicated for me while focusing on playing. It wasn't a major problem, though.

During post-round editing, I realized that some of the putting distances were incorrect. I use auto-putting and I also recorded the general distances for all my putts, so I was able to correct them.

@GavinwithaR1

appreciate all the updates!!
Yet, even with the latest update, I still have that error in my screen at the hole widget..

View attachment 9182352
View attachment 9182353
Mine does that when the watch senses movement. I mentioned this to ShotScope via an email I sent. The conveniently chose not to address that particular issue. That said, my V3 used to do that big time on startup. It almost looked like the screen had been smashed. Never effected performance, so I doubt this will. Just put it down to one of those shotscope oddities.

Last edited:
It took a while for me to remember to do it on every putt. As long as I have been doing it, I still forget once in a while on a first putt, then have to go back and mark where I had putted from. It is still better than Auto for me, personally.

I understand the reasoning behind manual putting, but it does seem to involve a significant amount of interaction with your watch during the game.

However, I'm curious how manual putting improves accuracy compared to auto-putting, especially if the GPS signal seems to be the issue. During today's round, I used auto-putting and I made sure to hit the pin collect over the hole. Unfortunately, I still encountered location issues, and I acknowledge that it's not solely due to Shot Scope. The problem lies with the GPS signal. Thankfully, I manually track putting distances on my scorecard.

I understand the reasoning behind manual putting, but it does seem to involve a significant amount of interaction with your watch during the game.
Granted, it is more interaction than with Auto putting, but for my first putt, it is almost a part of my routine. Then for those short tap ins, it is quicker than having to take a practice stroke or two. Pin Collect itself is the same.

Heading out with the new firmware for a round in some drizzle. Wish me luck!
Stayed dry, thankfully! Watch performed WAY better overall, though it still missed almost all of my shots around the greens. We have really small greens and I don't hit many, so that was a lot of shots to add and try to remember where I missed. I'm thinking the problem is choking up on the club maybe, I'll make sure to tap them next time.

Had a great experience with the firmware today. Found the course in under 10 seconds and was ready to go. Got all the shots I expected it to get. Loved the feature to see how far I hit my last shot. Easy to see the distance of my drives. Along with I used it to find my ball in the rough. Started walking the way I thought it was and clicked the button and realized I was probably to far and turned around and found it 15 yards back.

Now that I have about 8 rounds in with the X5 this most recent firmware update 2.1.13 was a big improvement for me.

I’ve experienced a lot of the bugs mentioned such as tags not reading after a few holes, resetting back to clock face etc.

Today was my first round out with the update and everything worked flawless, to my surprise not one shot was missed, course was found within 30 seconds as well.

I’m sure as time goes by it’s just going to get better for us. Next week I have a golf trip where we will be playing 10 rounds in 5 days so I’ll have a real opportunity to test out and will definitely report back after.

After league 9 holes we play a 2 man scramble for some small $$, I didn’t want to use tracking for this purpose so I ended the round and used GPS only. It worked very well just thought I’d throw that out there.

IMG_1545.jpeg

After league 9 holes we play a 2 man scramble for some small $$, I didn’t want to use tracking for this purpose so I ended the round and used GPS only. It worked very well just thought I’d throw that out there.
It’s excellent that you can do that. I like that a lot.

I think it's more accurate than auto and if a putt is missed, it's because I didn't mark it.

Watch charged up and ready to go!!!

Back