Shot Scope X5 Watch

That might be just you are gripping down and so that watch can't read the tags.

I actually have a practice swing chip holding the top of the grip. I like this because I relax my elbows a bit before gripping down.
Assuming the tag is within range, the shot with a club other than the putter should be recorded properly even if the Pin Collect screen is showing, correct?

Another 18 this morning and the watch performed perfectly fine. No missed shots, and I toyed around with the pin placement a bit to tinker and get a better understanding with it. Like the idea a lot as on my course in quite familiar with the ridges on the greens and this allows me to get on the correct side of them by placing the pin properly.

Assuming the tag is within range, the shot with a club other than the putter should be recorded properly even if the Pin Collect screen is showing, correct?

Yes even on the pin collect screen a shot with a club other than putter should be picked up. Happens quite a bit walking across a green to get to chip shots just off the green. If you want to be sure you can exit pin collect but it’s not necessary.

Played 3 rounds this holiday weekend with the X5, and generally I have good thoughts. Missed only a couple shots the whole weekend, and no more weird return to clockface situations. HOWEVER, there were a few weird things I will recount for the forum's benefit:

-I guess I accidentally held the crown down, and so it tried to go to hard reset. I released it, but then the watch completely froze. I couldn't do anything. Eventually I decided to try to reset it, and then I saw the hard reset timer counting again, and so I released it, and then it went back to normal. First and only time I've seen that happen, but it was odd.
-Yesterday's round tracked fine - it picked up the course quickly, distances were good, score at the end reported out, etc - but then when I uploaded it to the app, it came in as an "Unmapped Course" and I can't do anything to it. It says that the team has been notified and it will be mapped, but since I had distances and all, I'm guessing there's some sort of glitch. And I tried to update the course data on the app/watch, and the app just crashed. So I suspect a glitch with the course upload somewhere...hoping it will get sorted because right now I can't see any data from the round.
-I've noticed that sometimes the touchscreen gets a little finicky when it's warm out. Is that because the temp is too close to body temp? Will the thing go completely bonkers if the temperature gets really hot?

Overall still pretty happy with it though, and suspect the Shot Scope team will continue to improve things.

That might be just you are gripping down and so that watch can't read the tags.

I actually have a practice swing chip holding the top of the grip. I like this because I relax my elbows a bit before gripping down.
That's what I assumed, so this time I tapped the sensors before gripping the club. Might have forgotten a few, but not as many as were missed.

Any thoughts on all the putts that were reading under a foot?

Today, during my round of 18 holes, I encountered an issue indicated by the "!" symbol while playing the back 9. I promptly checked my score and made the necessary adjustment. However, after a few holes, the "!" symbol reappeared, leaving me uncertain whether I missed entering my score or if there is a potential issue with it. I will continue to monitor this situation closely.

Regarding the Pin Collect screen, I noticed on a few occasions that it didn't automatically appear while I was standing on the green. Once, I had to access it through the score card, and another time it took a while before it finally showed up. I intend to keep track of this issue as well.

During post-round editing, I observed that I had to remove several additional putts that were erroneously recorded. I'm unsure how this occurred. Additionally, I noticed that my putts were not accurately tracked on several holes (the 2 feet putts where showing). Despite using the auto putt feature and attempting to record putt distances on my scorecard, the back 9 I forgot to record my distance and this presented challenges on those holes. Shot Scope had incorrect yardage and flag locations, despite my efforts to stand over each hole and engage the pin collect function. It's unclear whether this discrepancy is due to firmware or GPS issues.

Overall I am happy with the latest firmware update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today, during my round of 18 holes, I encountered an issue indicated by the "!" symbol while playing the back 9. I promptly checked my score and made the necessary adjustment. However, after a few holes, the "!" symbol reappeared, leaving me uncertain whether I missed entering my score or if there is a potential issue with it. I will continue to monitor this situation closely.

Regarding the Pin Collect screen, I noticed on a few occasions that it didn't automatically appear while I was standing on the green. Once, I had to access it through the score card, and another time it took a while before it finally showed up. I intend to keep track of this issue as well.

During post-round editing, I observed that I had to remove several additional putts that were erroneously recorded. I'm unsure how this occurred. Additionally, I noticed that my putts were not accurately tracked on several holes (the 2 feet putts where showing). Despite using the auto putt feature and attempting to record putt distances on my scorecard, the back 9 I forgot to record my distance and this presented challenges on those holes. Shot Scope had incorrect yardage and flag locations, despite my efforts to stand over each hole and engage the pin collect function. It's unclear whether this discrepancy is due to firmware or GPS issues.

Overall I am happy with the latest firmware update.

Do you play in a mountainous, hilly, or heavily wooded area that would limit the GPS’s capabilities?

Do you play in a mountainous, hilly, or heavily wooded area that would limit the GPS’s capabilities?

Nope, I'm in the Washington DC Area. I thought about using manual putting but I know I would forget to mark my location with every putt. I will keep tracking my putting distances as a backup.

I put the X5 in to play on Saturday and only a few shots were dropped - much better than before.
I did go through the process of connecting the tags to the watch just to make sure everything is in "Sync"
Last update seemed to really make a difference.
Think going forward I can "Game" this watch.

Last edited:
I had a very frustrating day with the X5 yesterday.

First, does anyone know how to get this out of military time? I have tried both the 12 hour and 24 hour clock and neither work. It still shows me 17:00 hrs at 5pm.

Now for my round yesterday. I uploaded the new firmware really hoping most of the bugs would be fixed and the watch could be back to something I could use each round. I like the new setup and thankfully figured out the watch face is a slow reacting, so you have to be deliberate and slow when swiping. This experience is so poor in my opinion for anyone used to wearing a watch like an Apple Watch everyday.

Of the good parts, the watch continues to catch whichever club I use. Only on a couple occasions did I have to put the tag up to the watch for it to register. This was the reason I switched from the H4, because I would forget time and again to tap. So happy here.

Well, unfortunately, that was it for the good.

The issues I continue to have:

I tried a so many times to get the last distance up on my screen to no avail that I finally gave up. If this is the wrong process please let me know. To see last distance I thought you would unlock the watch and touch the club you used last time on the watch face. Make sure you didn’t tap a new club. My face just stayed in front, middle, and back the whole time never showing anything else.

Next issue:

How does one get the watch to switch back to front, middle, back mode if you walk by the green to get your ball that is off the green? Green side bunker? Chips, heck just walking around the green puts the watch in pin collect that I couldn’t get out from. Tried auto and manual mode. I guess I will know if the watch tracked those shots, but only after the fact now.

Next issue:

How do you put in a lost ball or penalty shot? I still can’t find this anywhere. So, I have to mark things down and edit afterwards.

Next issue:

How do you go back holes? I mistakenly put 1 putt instead of two on a previous hole. I played with the unit for over 10 mins trying to figure out how to go back to a previously played hole to fix and just couldn’t do it. Again, I understand I can edit afterwards, but the watch should be able to switch holes.

I am going to continue to try and get used to this and work on things, but I am getting very close to just saying the product can’t be recommended and to find another product more user friendly out there.

Last edited:
I put the X5 in to play on Saturday and only a few shots were dropped - much better that before.
I did go through the process of connecting the tags to the watch just to make sure everything is in "Sync"
Last update seemed to really make a difference.
Think going forward I can "Game" this watch.
Thats great news, you've been pretty unhappy till now

That's great news, you've been pretty unhappy till now
That's why I came back and gave Kudos. Not fair to just be negative when positive things are happening.
Is it perfect, not yet, however it's gotten to the point where it's usable without frustrating me.

How do you put in a lost ball or penalty shot? I still can’t find this anywhere. So, I have to mark things down and edit afterwards.
It’s in the menu during the round swipe to the main menu page select it and then it’ll allow you to show penalties, lost ball and such.

How does one get the watch to switch back to front, middle, back mode if you walk by the green to get your ball that is off the green? Green side bunker? Chips, heck just walking around the green puts the watch in pin collect that I couldn’t get out from. Tried auto and manual mode. I guess I will know if the watch tracked those shots, but only after the fact now.
Will still pick up the receiver on the tags to register a shot.

How do you go back holes? I mistakenly put 1 putt instead of two on a previous hole. I played with the unit for over 10 mins trying to figure out how to go back to a previously played hole to fix and just couldn’t do it. Again, I understand I can edit afterwards, but the watch should be able to switch holes.
Select the hole your on via the main screen and it will allow you to scroll through all 18, then select the one you wish to adjust.

First, does anyone know how to get this out of military time? I have tried both the 12 hour and 24 hour clock and neither work. It still shows me 17:00 hrs at 5pm.
Maybe try a different watch face? I use a traditional look with the minute and hour hands, so I don't face that issue.

Now for my round yesterday. I uploaded the new firmware really hoping most of the bugs would be fixed and the watch could be back to something I could use each round. I like the new setup and thankfully figured out the watch face is a slow reacting, so you have to be deliberate and slow when swiping. This experience is so poor in my opinion for anyone used to wearing a watch like an Apple Watch everyday.
I got frustrated with the swiping function to the point that I have played multiple rounds now with it unlocked. I have not run into any issues, though I do wear it a little higher on my arm and close my glove a little different.

I tried a so many times to get the last distance up on my screen to no avail that I finally gave up. If this is the wrong process please let me know. To see last distance I thought you would unlock the watch and touch the club you used last time on the watch face. Make sure you didn’t tap a new club. My face just stayed in front, middle, and back the whole time never showing anything else.
That is the way it is supposed to work. Given the sluggishness of the swiping and how quickly it locks again, are you sure it is unlocked when you tap on the club shown upper right?

No need to. The watch will correctly record the shot even if you are using a different club and the Pin Collect screen is showing. This is true in both Auto and Manual putting modes.

I can't help you here, as I add any penalties during editing.

Once you use the Pin Collect screen to mark the hole location, I'm not sure if you can go back to correct the number of putts used. That may have to be done in editing.

I am going to continue to try and get used to this and work on things, but I am getting very close to just saying the product can’t be recommended and to find another product more user friendly out there.
You certainly have that option, though I don't think there is an easier to use option that provides all of the data that Shot Scope devices give you.

Of the good parts, the watch continues to catch whichever club I use. Only on a couple occasions did I have to put the tag up to the watch for it to register. This was the reason I switched from the H4, because I would forget time and again to tap. So happy here.

Next issue:

Next issue:

Next issue:

I think @Golfers Anonymous covered most of this, but I don't think you are having any watch issues, but rather the learning curve with new tech. Some good info in this thread that might help you get the most out of it. I have a feeling you are going to enjoy it.

Next issue:

Next issue:

Next issue:

I'd like to offer a suggestion without coming across as condescending. Re-reading the manual might actually help address some of the issues you're experiencing.

It’s in the menu during the round swipe to the main menu page select it and then it’ll allow you to show penalties, lost ball and such.

Is this gotten to by pressing the top right button? Because I did that many times and the screen never changed except to scroll thru hazards and such.

The bottom button would just relook the face to start over.

Will still pick up the receiver on the tags to register a shot.

This is an area I hope the software can be fixed. I want to see how far I am sometimes rather than just trust the watch has picked up the club I am using. Especially, if I carry a few clubs with me across the green. I know to put those clubs in the opposite hand, but would prefer to see the club tracking.

Select the hole your on via the main screen and it will allow you to scroll through all 18, then select the one you wish to adjust.

Same as my first post, how do you get into this screen? The buttons don’t do anything and the watch face doesn’t allow touch on the hole numbers.

Well, I tried some old V3 tags as suggested and synced the round and still no data. I noticed during the round the watch wasn't even picking up what club I was using so was not expecting to see data from the round. Super frustrated and disappointed in this experience at this point.

Is this gotten to by pressing the top right button? Because I did that many times and the screen never changed except to scroll thru hazards and such.

The bottom button would just relook the face to start over.

This is an area I hope the software can be fixed. I want to see how far I am sometimes rather than just trust the watch has picked up the club I am using. Especially, if I carry a few clubs with me across the green. I know to put those clubs in the opposite hand, but would prefer to see the club tracking.

I think once you are off the green you can press the back button (bottom dial on right side) and the watch will ask if you want to exit pin collect screen, will verify tomorrow during league play but i'm pretty sure that's what I did.

Same as my first post, how do you get into this screen? The buttons don’t do anything and the watch face doesn’t allow touch on the hole numbers.

to change holes you should just unlock the watch then press the hole that is showing in the bottom of the watch face and it should allow you to then move to other holes. Again, the watch face isn't super responsive so you need to be way more deliberate than say an apple watch.

I'd like to offer a suggestion without coming across as condescending. Re-reading the manual might actually help address some of the issues you're experiencing.

Not condescending at all. I have incredibly think skin and if I missed something it’s better to learn where and what.

Unfortunately, I have read what I thought were the areas and tried the same during the round. Like last ball distance. I did exactly what was posted here and even checked it out I read it correctly to see. Still didn’t work for me.

Well, I tried some old V3 tags as suggested and synced the round and still no data. I noticed during the round the watch wasn't even picking up what club I was using so was not expecting to see data from the round. Super frustrated and disappointed in this experience at this point.

I've never experience this so can't imagine the frustration. If you go into the watch and go into setting and read tags, does the watch pickup the V3 tags while not on the course?

This is one area I haven’t had any issues.

I had the H4 prior and just left the tags from them on my clubs and added a couple new tags for some extra clubs in Paradym. The X5 has always picked up whichever club I had in hand. Didn’t matter the tag

Not condescending at all. I have incredibly think skin and if I missed something it’s better to learn where and what.

Unfortunately, I have read what I thought were the areas and tried the same during the round. Like last ball distance. I did exactly what was posted here and even checked it out I read it correctly to see. Still didn’t work for me.

If unlocking and pressing the last club used button on the f/m/b watch face doesn't work, you can also enter the game menu and "last distance" should be an option you can scroll to and select.

Back