Shot Scope X5 Watch

I have to adjust my putts time to time, but from what I see others doing and recommending is to carry the putter in your opposite hand to your watch and then take exaggerated practice swing to make sure it registers the location correctly. I am hit or miss on this so I don't know how well it works yet, but will try to more conscious in my round this weekend.

Excellent - appreciate that. I'm hoping to play today, so I'll give that a try.

So I noticed the issue of why the dashboard isn't recognizing the tag. I thought I had it active but I don't have the X2 tag active in "my bag" so its guessing at the club which is what someone suggested. I just went to try and add the club but I can't find utility irons anywhere. I looked under irons and hybrids. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: never mind I found it under iron all the way at the bottom.

Any best practices people can share with Pin Collect? Looking at my last round, it seems like my first putts weren't always tracked with the correct distance. Surely user error.

I record my distance manual (on my physical scorecard) as a backup and make post-round edits as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only got one round in with it. I wish I could program one of the buttons for pin collect instead of having to use the screen.

So I noticed the issue of why the dashboard isn't recognizing the tag. I thought I had it active but I don't have the X2 tag active in "my bag" so its guessing at the club which is what someone suggested. I just went to try and add the club but I can't find utility irons anywhere. I looked under irons and hybrids. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: never mind I found it under iron all the way at the bottom.

I record my distance manual (on my physical scorecard) as a backup and make post-round edits as needed.

This is a good idea. I remembered most of them, but you know how it goes.

Whats the protocol for asking a course to be fixed again? I have noticed on a course I play often they have a par 4 listed as a 5 and and a 5 listed as a 4

Also does anyone know how the add tees works? I am finding the tees I am playing often aren't listed or are the wrong color even though they are on the scorecard.

Any best practices people can share with Pin Collect? Looking at my last round, it seems like my first putts weren't always tracked with the correct distance. Surely user error.
For me the answer is to use manual putting mode. Also because putting distances are relative short, the limitations of GPS accuracy have much more impact for putting.

For me the answer is to use manual putting mode. Also because putting distances are relative short, the limitations of GPS accuracy have much more impact for putting.

Cool. I'll give that a try eventually as well.

Also does anyone know how the add tees works? I am finding the tees I am playing often aren't listed or are the wrong color even though they are on the scorecard.
Go into the online Dashboard. Select any round at the course where you need to add a set of tees. Choose the Edit and Sign Off option. To the right, in the Sign-Off box, use the drop-down under tees and select the +Add option. Choose a color from the drop-down list, check that par listed for each hole on the front 9 is correct and change if necessary. Do the same after clicking on back 9 at the top. Save

Oh, just because you create and save a new set of tees on the Dashboard, they won't show up on the watch. Shot Scope would have to be contacted to do that.

After some back and forth to rule out other problems, Shot Scope is sending me a new charge cable to see if that fixes my charging issues.
Hopefully you get yours. I was told I would get one as well but am still waiting.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

This is a good idea. I remembered most of them, but you know how it goes.

Plus GPS accuracy on the greens can be off by a few feet.

I am a new X5 user and am having trouble tracking my putts, I have tried both auto and manual methods. I tend to hold the putter down on the shaft so I may be too far away for reliable pickup. If someone is having goods results with manual tracking, can you share any tips? Also, for the Club distance stats (Long, avg, p-avg), is it possible to see how many shots are in those figures?

Thanks!

Bob

I am a new X5 user and am having trouble tracking my putts, I have tried both auto and manual methods. I tend to hold the putter down on the shaft so I may be too far away for reliable pickup. If someone is having goods results with manual tracking, can you share any tips? Also, for the Club distance stats (Long, avg, p-avg), is it possible to see how many shots are in those figures?

Thanks!

Bob
We have a whole thread dedicated to this watch. Moved over there to get more response.

Our Data Experience guys made the ShotScope June Newsletter. So cool!
1686065604616.png

Thanks!

Bob

I am a new X5 user and am having trouble tracking my putts, I have tried both auto and manual methods. I tend to hold the putter down on the shaft so I may be too far away for reliable pickup. If someone is having goods results with manual tracking, can you share any tips?
I've had no issues with manual putting. Maybe tell us what you're doing to track putts in manual mode and we can offer suggestions.

It's pretty simple.
1 - Make sure the watch is on the manual 'Pin Collect' screen.
2 - As you stand with your watch over the ball, press the crown button once (or the + on-screen button) to record that putt's location. You can do this any time before or after you hit the putt. For example you could do it when you mark your ball, or when you replace your marked ball, or as you address your ball. I think waiting until after you've hit your putt makes it too easy to forget to mark the location of the putt.
3 - After you finish putting, stand by the pin, with the watch close to the pin, and touch the pin on-screen button once to record the pin's location.

Note that you do not need to make sure the putter tag is read, you don't even need a tag on your putter, although you do need to have the putter in your 'my bag'.

Also note that I do not use the score card feature.

Last edited:
Plus GPS accuracy on the greens can be off by a few feet.

I am always amazed how I can leave a putt basically on the lip, using Manual Putting, tap the "+" and Pin Collect, one right after the other while standing in the same spot, and still end up with a putt when I go to edit that is 2-3 feet away from the hole location.

Reactions: J4U
I've had no issues with manual putting. Maybe tell us what you're doing to track putts in manual mode and we can offer suggestions.

It's pretty simple.
1 - Make sure the watch is on the manual 'Pin Collect' screen.
2 - As you stand with your watch over the ball, press the crown button once (or the + on-screen button) to record that putt's location. You can do this any time before or after you hit the putt. For example you could do it when you mark your ball, or when you replace your marked ball, or as you address your ball. I think waiting until after you've hit your putt makes it too easy to forget to mark the location of the putt.
3 - After you finish putting, stand by the pin, with the watch close to the pin, and touch the pin on-screen button once to record the pin's location.

Note that you do not need to make sure the putter tag is read, you don't even need a tag on your putter, although you do need to have the putter in your 'my bag'.

Also note that I do not use the score card feature.
Thank you! I use the scorecard and I have forgotten sometimes in manual mode, that probably messes things up.

Mom. Dad. I’ve made it.

I’m famous.
Saw the email and thought the same thing. What a cool plug for THP and shows how great of company they are.

Back