Flipit

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you like Shotgun starts?

I’m kinda torn as it really depends on what hole I start on. I’m a not for a Par 3 start.

On Thanksgiving I got started on the longest hole on the course at 585 yards. At 38 degrees and no warm up that’s a bit much for my liking.

Good point on what hole you start on....but in general I like them. Everyone starts at the same time with the same conditions

Today I got back to back par 4’s at 400 and 430 yards. Kinda of liking this one.

I like them a lot. It's the best way to start a tournament.

Everyone starts/finishes at the same times...give or take a little.

Our home course sometimes has enough golfers wanting the early tee times, that they sometimes have (sort of) a shot gun start. They will have a 4 some group of golfers start on each of the first 5-6+ holes. Last summer to beat the heat, our group started on #8. It's a great way to handle the morning rush.

Depends on the starting hole. I hate starting on par 3 or par 5. If it’s a nice easy par 4 start I am pretty happy.

Don’t bother me.

Love hosting tournaments and setting them though, poor rival schools. :ROFLMAO:

I've only played in one and didn't care for it. My cartner was a tool though so maybe that had something to do with it:rolleyes:

Depends on how many groups are playing.

I do like them in terms of all finishing at the same time, but there is nothing more fun then coming up to the 18th and having a large group of people from the outing watching you play the final hole. Feels like your at a PGA event. All eyes are on your group as you make your way to the green and needing that putt to score. It’s exciting.

for charity events, or fun events, I don't really have a problem with shotgun starts.

I don’t mind them. I would rather not start on a 200+ yard par 3 or an easy par 5(unless I birdie it).

Don’t bother me.

Love hosting tournaments and setting them though, poor rival schools. :ROFLMAO:

Oh the humanity...

I don't mind them either way. I'd prefer not to start on a par 3, but again I'm really not bothered. At least I'm out on the golf course!

Hey, don’t be a dick and you won’t start on one of the super hard par 3’s. :ROFLMAO:

Love it. 210 tucked pin close to the water for all the cocky teens..

Negative. Pace of play is always slow and when you find out you are the B/C group on a hole it just makes kills the vibe.

Love it. 210 tucked pin close to the water for all the cocky teens..
We have one of those. We also have one that plays 240 from the back and the green is surrounded by water on the back and sides :oops:

We have one of those. We also have one that plays 240 from the back and the green is surrounded by water on the back and sides :oops:

Oh jeez... Where is the bail out??

I don’t NOT like them...?

They are fun, I prefer to not start on a par 3 but doesn't bother me if we have to. I'm gonna make that first shot count.

Although I'd rather start on the first hole, if you are in a big tournament (especially like a 4 man scramble) it's almost unavoidable having a shotgun start. I don't mind them.

Back