ShotScope Update - WOW!

Thanks, will pass this onto the team! There is also a brand-new feature which is hidden in this release but being worked on behind the scenes for the PGA Show.
and Data Experience 😀

I downloaded the new app and really like some of the changes I'm seeing! Can't wait to look at the dashboard!

Nice! Hadn’t done that yet. Thanks
Apparently, they still have some bugs and this is one of them. The SG comparisons on the new Rounds page, regardless of what you select, are shown vs a Tour Player. They are aware of the issue.

Really like the In-Round Strokes Gained feature in the Online Dashboard.
Tells me on a consistent basis where I need approve.
How did I miss this? This is gold.

The update is pretty awesome, especially around the green with editing. New levels of data have been added and SI per hole looks like an option. The level that can be driven down to in data just went further if you wanted.

Well done on the update! In reviewing previous rounds anyway. Will be a bit before I can actually get a new round in to see it in action.

Highly recommend! I use the H4 as I don't wear watches.
I use my apple watch for Arccos now so I don't mind the watch aspect. I'm just trying to figure out what way I want to go.... I'm intrigued though.

• Appreciation
Reactions: J4U
I use my apple watch for Arccos now so I don't mind the watch aspect. I'm just trying to figure out what way I want to go.... I'm intrigued though.
Not even in the same ballpark really. I used that other system to and it doesn't stack up to what's provided. Then you bring in yearly fees with them and it's like slamming a door.

Gui on the device I get it's not as nice as a lot of other system's. Does a pretty and graphic friendly screen improve your game though? I use other devices/apps for anything I feel I need.

Enjoy the thought process 🤪

I don't- have been using Arccos for quite a while now, love the data aspect but seems ShotScope is advancing the ball pretty quickly and may push me to change.

You won't be disappointed

Apparently, they still have some bugs and this is one of them. The SG comparisons on the new Rounds page, regardless of what you select, are shown vs a Tour Player. They are aware of the issue.

As of this morning, it looks like this issue has been fixed. It appears that the ability to select custom date ranges has gone away on the Performace page, however. I liked that feature as I could compare different putters, wedges, etc by looking only at the dates that I used them, sorry to see it go.

I also have a tag assignment question which is not related to the new release. Based on a new bag configuration, it would make some sense to change some tag/club assignments. For example, I am adding a Rogue ST Max 3HL to the bag and it makes more sense for me to tag it rather than my Heavenwood with the 3W tag. Is there a downside to doing this that I am missing?

Is the update available for Android? I checked my phone today and Shot Scope doesn't register as available to update?

I like the sound of those features, which is something missing IMO from another apps rounds/stats portion

Not even in the same ballpark really. I used that other system to and it doesn't stack up to what's provided. Then you bring in yearly fees with them and it's like slamming a door.

Gui on the device I get it's not as nice as a lot of other system's. Does a pretty and graphic friendly screen improve your game though? I use other devices/apps for anything I feel I need.

Enjoy the thought process 🤪

Yeah like I said I'm thoroughly intrigued- I can see the data is better, I can see the thoroughness is better. The real reason? I'm lazy- all of my clubs have the integrated grips right now so I'd have to change them all including putter and well... lazy haha.

You won't be disappointed

Appreciate it!

Is the update available for Android? I checked my phone today and Shot Scope doesn't register as available to update?

It may have automatically updated because there was one for Android. Then they did another one yesterday because it caused some issues.

Highly recommend! I use the H4 as I don't wear watches.
This is what I'm going to get this year. I already have an apple watch so don't want to deal with a different watch. I had used arccos for a year but won't pay the yearly fee. Really looking forward to the Shot Scope!

Reactions: J4U
I’d like to switch to H4 as well, because I use an Apple Watch and like it’s ability to track my steps, heart rate, etc.

I’d like to switch to H4 as well, because I use an Apple Watch and like it’s ability to track my steps, heart rate, etc.
I'm in the exact same boat, seriously considering the H4 next year.

I have an Apple Watch and I put it on my right hand, Shot Scope on the left.
I do this so that I don't miss out on the Steps as well.
I also use the "Golf" Activity in "Workouts" on my iWatch as well.

also have a tag assignment question which is not related to the new release. Based on a new bag configuration, it would make some sense to change some tag/club assignments. For example, I am adding a Rogue ST Max 3HL to the bag and it makes more sense for me to tag it rather than my Heavenwood with the 3W tag. Is there a downside to doing this that I am missing?
No issue doing that. The data is collected and displayed based on the club, not the tag assigned to it.

The actual tag labels are not that important to me, I'm more interested in the list of clubs I can associate with a tag.

Specifically, for me, the Approach Wedge (AW) is missing from the list of available wedges. The AW is more and more common in iron sets as lofts keep getting stronger, where an iron set may offer a PW, AW, GW, and SW. Or in some cases the manufacturer labels the wedge between PW and SW as AW instead of GW.

I did a quick review of the what the major manufacturers use for set wedge labels in their current iron sets:

Bridgestone has PW1, PW2 and AW
Callaway has both AW and GW,
Cleveland has DW,
Cobra has GW
Honma has 10 and 11 irons, and AW
Mizuno has GW
Ping has UW,
PXG has G
Srixon has AW,
TaylorMade has AW,
Titleist has P, W, W2, W3
Wilson has GW
XXIO has AW

So ranked in order of most major manufacturer's use:

AW (6) and GW/G (5) are by far the most common. The other names are unique to specific manufacturers.

Yeah like I said I'm thoroughly intrigued- I can see the data is better, I can see the thoroughness is better. The real reason? I'm lazy- all of my clubs have the integrated grips right now so I'd have to change them all including putter and well... lazy haha.

Appreciate it!
No need to replace the grips. See what I did in that situation

Back