Show Us Your Swing

I know maybe off topic.Anyone notice that their on course swings never quite emulate the look you get on the driving range.The intent and feel are present.Must be the different ball lies and challenges we run into.Versus a flat prefect driving range

I know maybe off topic.Anyone notice that their on course swings never quite emulate the look you get on the driving range.The intent and feel are present.Must be the different ball lies and challenges we run into.Versus a flat prefect driving range
Also the pressure of hitting a shot instead of just swinging for contact.

Yes, for me it's totally mental though. When you don't really care what happens to your driving range shot because there is no consequence and you can just try again, the result is much more free.

The psychology of golf is fascinating and always a work in progress for me. The more you can be OK with the result of a shot (even if it's bad) before you swing and just be in the present, the better.

Here’s one from a recent sim outing, really trying to eliminate the cast I have at the top but I seem to have a block in getting the feel down. Never had a professional lesson so any feedback appreciated.
View attachment 9234008
Your position at top looks very good. Watch closely where your hands are going at the beginning of the downswing. They go out towards the ball, setting up an over the top downswing.

If your first move from the top is down instead of out then you can swing more from the inside and out towards the ball.

Not a pro but I did work on this same thing in lessons.

Your position at top looks very good. Watch closely where your hands are going at the beginning of the downswing. They go out towards the ball, setting up an over the top downswing.

If your first move from the top is down instead of out then you can swing more from the inside and out towards the ball.

Not a pro but I did work on this same thing in lessons.
In first picture club is pointing toward the ball in your backswing as it should. In second picture club is out over the ball when it should be pointing toward the ball again from further behind you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240127_231108_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20240127_231108_Video Player.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20240127_231147_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20240127_231147_Video Player.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 8
Yes, for me it's totally mental though. When you don't really care what happens to your driving range shot because there is no consequence and you can just try again, the result is much more free.

The psychology of golf is fascinating and always a work in progress for me. The more you can be OK with the result of a shot (even if it's bad) before you swing and just be in the present, the better.

The other side of the coin is to play a shoot when you’re at the driving range. The nice thing is you have the perfect lie, distance, and hopefully set up. I find it easy to fall into the trap of having half a bucket of balls and thinking “I’ll get it on the next one”. Sometimes that results in a mortar fire kinda thing that gets less productive on each shot. I seem to fall into it with driver a lot when every swing I’m just wanting more and more.

What kills me is the moment the camera comes out and what you think you’re doing isn’t close to what you’re actually doing. The video I posted is actually slo-mo (didn’t come out that way when I posted it) so it’s even worse.

Here’s one from a recent sim outing, really trying to eliminate the cast I have at the top but I seem to have a block in getting the feel down. Never had a professional lesson so any feedback appreciated.
View attachment 9234008
I like this swing, you've got ability. Nothing matters about the way down though because your setup needs attention. Your hips are too far back, you're weight is too far back, you have no choice but to come forward towards the ball. Keep your hip socket over your ankles more and lean over from the waist. That will help you being the club back and up.

Last edited:
I like this swing, you've got ability. Nothing matters about the way down though because your setup needs attention. Your hips are too far back, you're weight is too far back, you have no choice but to come forward towards the bar. Keep your hip socket over your ankles more and lean over from the waist. That will help you being the club back and up.

I appreciate this a lot, never gave much thought about where my weight was in that regard, always tried to pay more attention to the lateral weight shift.

I’m going to really focus on this

In first picture club is pointing toward the ball in your backswing as it should. In second picture club is out over the ball when it should be pointing toward the ball again from further behind you.

Thanks for the visual aid, really helps to drive home what you mean. it’s that little subtle move that I know I need to eliminate. I just can’t seem to get the ‘feel’ of dropping the club instead of that subtle push that I have.

Thanks so much for the feedback! Will have an updated video after I work at this a little bit.

Thanks for the visual aid, really helps to drive home what you mean. it’s that little subtle move that I know I need to eliminate. I just can’t seem to get the ‘feel’ of dropping the club instead of that subtle push that I have.

Thanks so much for the feedback! Will have an updated video after I work at this a little bit.
Great! The post above from blugold about your setup will help you keep the club in a better position throughout your swing.

Bit of a goat humper/handsy swinger haha shoot around 80-85 usually. Hit my 3 wood total distance about 240-270 (not carry). With something like 100-104mph clubhead speed. Would like to get more waist bend at impact, would like less of the goat hump would like less of my head moving away from the ball during down swing would like more stability in my legs as you can see my feet fly around everywhere. Lol

Bit of a goat humper/handsy swinger haha shoot around 80-85 usually. Hit my 3 wood total distance about 240-270 (not carry). With something like 100-104mph clubhead speed. Would like to get more waist bend at impact, would like less of the goat hump would like less of my head moving away from the ball during down swing would like more stability in my legs as you can see my feet fly around everywhere. Lol

If you'reooming for more right side bend on the way down and at impact, set up with more waist bend. Keep your hips over your ankles and lean over. Also, I love my Crocs, but wear footwear better suited for the task and stability will improve.

If you'reooming for more right side bend on the way down and at impact, set up with more waist bend. Keep your hips over your ankles and lean over. Also, I love my Crocs, but wear footwear better suited for the task and stability will improve.
Yup ive been wearing shoes w grippy socks these days, will try setting up w more waist bend/lean

View attachment 9255036
View attachment 9255035
Recently been working on ball placement in my stance
A face on view would be great for checking ball position. Generally the ball should be vertically below the logo on your shirt with irons.

Another thing to look at is whether or not the low point of your swing is on the target side of the ball. Your hands need to be there at impact also.

A face on view would be great for checking ball position. Generally the ball should be vertically below the logo on your shirt with irons.

Another thing to look at is whether or not the low point of your swing is on the target side of the ball. Your hands need to be there at impact also.
I feel like I’m a bit steep at impact too… and I know I come over the top way more then I should…

without sounding dumb cause I generally don’t know I’m guessing what you mean is my hands are not going through the ball before the club head is? And if so any suggestions to correct would be greatly appreciated…

And if so any suggestions to correct would be greatly appreciated…

From what's been shown work on set up first and it might help with other issues. Too much pelvic weight at address going down into the calves with your sit-down move making the legs poor exchangers with the ground for power. Might need direct lessons learning how to sit up during address instead of sitting down- not difficult but a little tricky adjustment for some.

I feel like I’m a bit steep at impact too… and I know I come over the top way more then I should…
On the downswing you look like you are starting the swing with your right shoulder and arms. When you do that your body is in the way. The only place your arms can go is out and over the top. It’s not super intuitive but you need to start the downswing with your lower body.
I’m guessing what you mean is my hands are not going through the ball before the club head is?
You can see it a little better in the second video. On your downswing when you are just past waist level you have mostly released your wrists. Coming over the top frequently includes throwing the club head at the ball to compensate.

This video below was the first time I’ve hit balls in a few months because of winter so my speed is down. I wasn’t planning on posting this but there are a couple of things I can point out to help a fellow lefty.

When I transition into the downswing it starts with the lower body. Compare what your shoulders and hips do compared to mine during the transition at the top. My hips are moving through and my shoulders haven’t moved. This is creating space for my arms to swing down on plane or slightly from the inside. Having that space I can hold the release later.
View attachment Rapsodo_MLM2PRO_173349_09040851export.mov

On the downswing you look like you are starting the swing with your right shoulder and arms. When you do that your body is in the way. The only place your arms can go is out and over the top. It’s not super intuitive but you need to start the downswing with your lower body.

You can see it a little better in the second video. On your downswing when you are just past waist level you have mostly released your wrists. Coming over the top frequently includes throwing the club head at the ball to compensate.

This video below was the first time I’ve hit balls in a few months because of winter so my speed is down. I wasn’t planning on posting this but there are a couple of things I can point out to help a fellow lefty.

When I transition into the downswing it starts with the lower body. Compare what your shoulders and hips do compared to mine during the transition at the top. My hips are moving through and my shoulders haven’t moved. This is creating space for my arms to swing down on plane or slightly from the inside. Having that space I can hold the release later.
View attachment 9255632
Thanks so much for the response… I can see in your video the clearing of the hips (something I know I don’t do) without getting into full detail is there some type of drills I could do to help with this issue…

Back