Show Us Your Swing

Not the prettiest but gets the job done
Cobra CB 8 iron, 163 carry I believe. Ball speed around 115. At the start of this lesson I was 6* in to out. This is about 2* in to out after about an hour. This was 2 weeks ago still staying in the 2* in to out range and have gotten more comfortable. Speed with “new feels” has gone up a little and carry on Friday was in the 167 range

Been working on this and it’s been getting faster average over 25 balls was 121 ball speed with the 8 iron. Really good for me

Trying to minimize head movement right now, and it seems to be getting me over the ball a little better. All the work on tempo feels like it’s paying off.

View attachment IMG_8986.mov

Trying to minimize head movement right now, and it seems to be getting me over the ball a little better. All the work on tempo feels like it’s paying off.

View attachment 9233186

My pro gave me a great tip for keep your head down, basically hit balls with your back foot on it's toes (so your back leg, bend the knee and put your foot on it's toes). Obviously you can't make a full hard swing, but you'll see it's basically impossible to lift your head up during the swing.

I used to do this a bit.

That is definitely a a northerner's setup there. Don't hit any hosel'ers!!!! lol

My pro gave me a great tip for keep your head down, basically hit balls with your back foot on it's toes (so your back leg, bend the knee and put your foot on it's toes). Obviously you can't make a full hard swing, but you'll see it's basically impossible to lift your head up during the swing.

I used to do this a bit.

That is definitely a a northerner's setup there. Don't hit any hosel'ers!!!! lol
Not pictured - a ball or two in the insulation of the garage door. Trying to learn how to swing from the inside has not come for free 😂

Not pictured - a ball or two in the insulation of the garage door. Trying to learn how to swing from the inside has not come for free 😂

I had a similar setup in my barn, i actually used to angle the net almost diagonal and to the left just to prevent against any (i am a lefty). But you might not have enough room to do that

I had a similar setup in my barn, i actually used to angle the net almost diagonal and to the left just to prevent against any (i am a lefty). But you might not have enough room to do that
Got a new garage door on order, and I sprung for the side mount opener so a cleanup and reorganize is on the project list. Might be trying to sneak the simulator screen for the Net Return into the budget 🤔

Got a new garage door on order, and I sprung for the side mount opener so a cleanup and reorganize is on the project list. Might be trying to sneak the simulator screen for the Net Return into the budget 🤔

Found a pic of it....! Now this is also a northern setup! (THis is before my hitting mat came in)

1703946185891.jpeg

Here’s one from a recent sim outing, really trying to eliminate the cast I have at the top...any feedback appreciated.

Proper camera angle, no shadows, and YouTube is easier for more correct overall viewing. Not really a cast as much as it is a reroute from the top to find depth not acquired on the backswing. But even with that you stay in the strike pocket pretty good. However, you give the club up from your lead to trail hand late and that is generally a product of trying to retain power lost to, and by, earlier sequence issues, and the recovery from that will produce a small flip late. Pretty good overall but needs a good tune up.

If you were on a lesson tee and your coach asked how would you know if, at the top of the swing, the club is set inside the line of play, what would the answer be.

Love seeing all the swings.

Proper camera angle, no shadows, and YouTube is easier for more correct overall viewing. Not really a cast as much as it is a reroute from the top to find depth not acquired on the backswing. But even with that you stay in the strike pocket pretty good. However, you give the club up from your lead to trail hand late and that is generally a product of trying to retain power lost to, and by, earlier sequence issues, and the recovery from that will produce a small flip late. Pretty good overall but needs a good tune up.

If you were on a lesson tee and your coach asked how would you know if, at the top of the swing, the club is set inside the line of play, what would the answer be.

Really appreciate you taking the time to write this out, I’ll be sure to get a better angle, wasn’t filming with the intention of showing anyone more so for “feel vs seeing” feedback.

Can you elaborate what you mean when you say I give the club up too late between my trail and lead hands? I’ve never really had any real dissection of my swing so my assumption is that I’m not totally in sync with my body’s sequence but I’m not sure.

“If you were on a lesson tee and your coach asked how would you know if, at the top of the swing, the club is set inside the line of play, what would the answer be.”

I’m not even entirely sure how I would answer this to be honest I’ve never given it any thought until now. I have no clue

Appreciate all the feedback and information, definitely taking away from it.

Can you elaborate what you mean when you say I give the club up too late between my trail and lead hands? I’ve never really had any real dissection of my swing so my assumption is that I’m not totally in sync with my body’s sequence but I’m not sure.

I’m not even entirely sure how I would answer this to be honest I’ve never given it any thought until now. I have no clue
If you look at the gloved, or lead, hand from top thru transition that hand is coming loose, Sam Snead called it playing the piccolo. When loosening, the trail hand then takes over, and will offer more control by giving more time to shallow by finding more depth- but it's a compensation.

The question was just to see if you sensed having a need to get out to the ball from the swing's top as the reason for the reroute. At the top the club is inside the line already by a couple feet. Many folks fall into that trap- feeling a need to get back out to the ball because it's out there, out there in front of us.

But it's not out there, it's in the same place and the club at the top is already inside, so no need to do anything assuming backswing loading was within limits. Heard a great comment from Elkington saying every swing in the world at the top meets 2 conditions, it is inside and up.

If you look at the gloved, or lead, hand from top thru transition that hand is coming loose, Sam Snead called it playing the piccolo. When loosening, the trail hand then takes over, and will offer more control by giving more time to shallow by finding more depth- but it's a compensation.

The question was just to see if you sensed having a need to get out to the ball from the swing's top as the reason for the reroute. At the top the club is inside the line already by a couple feet. Many folks fall into that trap- feeling a need to get back out to the ball because it's out there, out there in front of us.

But it's not out there, it's in the same place and the club at the top is already inside, so no need to do anything assuming backswing loading was within limits. Heard a great comment from Elkington saying every swing in the world at the top meets 2 conditions, it is inside and up.

I think that the reroute at the top is thanks to my hockey mechanics that were instilled in me long before I was golfing. I come to the top and instinctively I re-route as if it were a slap shot, where the proper form is that "push" away as you come down to impact.

Didn't take you for an avril fan
Lol. The indoor golf facility had the early 00s Sirius station on. The 50 Cent on after was quite the change

I think that the reroute at the top is thanks to my hockey mechanics that were instilled in me long before I was golfing. I come to the top and instinctively I re-route as if it were a slap shot, where the proper form is that "push" away as you come down to impact.

I know less than zero about hockey sequences, never learned to skate, but there is no question in my mind skills from that sport are good to have on the shelf. Here's a grainy look at hockey-golf.

My swing would give some of you fits of laughter any more. But its repeatable and it works for me. When I'm not hooking that little (=÷=__/8<(*^%$ ball.

First swings since September. I'm pretty happy but see some stuff I want to work on. All good things.

Pretty solid, especially being in motion.

Back