Show your new clubs thread

scooterguitar

Slacker and Whiner
Reaction score
Handicap
3-8perhole
The putters I've been speaking of: Red X, Rife Barbados, and Futura Phantom.
Also, my new secret weapons:D
DSCN1565.jpg

DSCN1567.jpg

DSCN1573.jpg

The putters I've been speaking of: Red X, Rife Barbados, and Futura Phantom.
Also, my new secret weapons:D
DSCN1565.jpg

DSCN1567.jpg

DSCN1573.jpg

Club ho... Here's my King Cobra Speed Pro X 3W. Brand New Basically besides 2 Range sessions. Wow the top picture makes that club look terrible.

xmkbyc.jpg

2rw29h2.jpg

I haven't recieved my new clubs yet but I will post a picture when they come in.

Scooter... are those Scratch Irons? If so... when did you get them?

Please Scooter tell me after 7 sets in 2 months you finally got irons fitted for you....hehe

Please Scooter tell me after 7 sets in 2 months you finally got irons fitted for you....hehe

I would say he bought those used because the newer ones have a red and black paintfill... those have white.

Yep. An inch longer (I've actually began to stand upright and it is helping!) though they are used, lies are pretty much right on. This spring my guy is going to tweak each one for me.
I tell ya, I waited to post on the Scratch, but they are sooooo soft, really easy to hit, and just cool. I wanted to try some, so I found a good used deal. If things go well on the actual course when the season egts here, I imagine I'll be ordering a custom set. I've had these for about 3 weeks w/o a peep on here! Been on the vector almost everyday.

Dent, I almost just bought one of those drivers used today! GG had the big Dick's (that sounds bad) takeover I guess, all there used stuff is dirt cheap. Scottys for $115, Killer used drivers under $100. Nike Sumo for $50! I'm going back.

How many degrees up or flat are you? Or are you standard? Andy thought you would be almost 2* off to help you, but that was a guess without tape.

Well, the way I understand it, used to actually be flat as I hunched over so much. Now it looks like I'll be 1-2 up once everything is dialed in. These are at std or a wee bit up if I am recalling correctly. Nice thing is, with the tape and such, I'm pretty much dialed in on this set now, but the long irons need further tweaking. It is really hard, getting a routine everytime (I recall Andy told me to get a routine each and every time!) where I inch closer and stand more upright, probably the hardest change I have made really.

Andy said make sure you get fitted.
Move the ball up in your stance.

Those were his two big keys for you.

I knew those were scratch. The AR-1's are going to be in my posession very soon.

Dent, I almost just bought one of those drivers used today! GG had the big Dick's (that sounds bad) takeover I guess, all there used stuff is dirt cheap. Scottys for $115, Killer used drivers under $100. Nike Sumo for $50! I'm going back.

This is no lie. This week I picked up a Cleveland 588 60* for $9.99 and a TM Rescue Mid 2H for $16.99. That 2H does a lot of different things, good club.

Great deals Jak. You have 25 posts, you can add your signature.

Yep, 9/10 vokeys for $30, lesser were 20, and so forth.
Been working on that JB!

Tin, these are gerat irons. I'd actually like to have a mixed set...antique finish, custom ferrules, and KBS opposed to these PX.

Club ho... Here's my King Cobra Speed Pro X 3W. Brand New Basically besides 2 Range sessions. Wow the top picture makes that club look terrible.

xmkbyc.jpg

2rw29h2.jpg

I almost got that exact same 3 wood Dent. For some reason it just launched a tad to high for my liking.

^^^ I have that 3-wood too. It got bumped out of the bag by my PING G10 3W. But I love the solid feel of the Cobra. It's like they filled it with foam or something.

It's a great wood. Really hot off the face. Can't really say this club launches I high ball because I do with every single shot. It's actually a bit lower than everything else. And not because of its loft.

Here's a pic showing my Burner which is not new, but the FT-i & The Hammer are. Yes I picked up The Hammer for $39 just to screw around with & have some fun on outings utilizing it. The head is actually pretty decent & the distance is comparable to the FT-i out on the range. However the shaft is a whippy piece of junk.

Last edited:
Do you say POW when you hit the Hammer. Or say please Hammer dont hurt em.

How would you compare the Burner to the Fti?

I won't say POW, haven't had the chance yet to take it to the course but will once spring arrives. To be honest I am embarassed to actually even admit I have this club. The head is decent looking & doesn't scream out cheesy, but I did wrap a small piece of electrical tape around the shaft covering up the name.

Hard to compare the FT-i to the Burner right now as the FT-i is in the same situation as the hammer, driving range only so far. But it's looking very promising as being a great club. Going to have to be a great club to dislodge the Burner however as late in the fall I was simply clobbering the heck out of it. Over the course of the year & 100+ rds my driving went from averaging 215-220 up to 240-245 & the vast majority landed middle of the fairway. The combo of the Burner with the VS Proto By You shaft really suits me well.

I am excited to see how the FT-i performs on the course.

How do u post a pic I want to get one up of my new putter and driver shaft, I love having an outstanding golf player in one of my classes who is currently upgrading

Most of us use services such as photobucket or something like that and then click on the little image button.

Do I need to make an account there to do this

Yes,
But it is totally free.

i posted some of these in another thread, but here ya go. these are my new Precept Forged Tour Premium CB's. i've been using these for a few years now, but recently saw a brand new set pop-up for sale on ebay, so i bought em to replace my older set. i also just bought a Yes Callie putter, but havent taken photos of it since Im sure everyone already knows what they look like.
3215804331_f853dc119c.jpg

3215806503_c84f6020cd.jpg

3216658978_591978e1e6.jpg

3216658452_2f3fe04442.jpg

3216656892_4d202c1535.jpg

3216656344_6ab07f7ff0.jpg

Back