Slow Play on Tour

I'm still seeing mixed feedback with regards to the final group on Sunday.

was just reading an article on GolfWeek that said the final group was more than a hole behind.

Its absurd to think you can fall behind the group in front of you and nothing happens to you

I’ll admit, I don’t watch much golf on TV,I’d rather play golf. But this is exactly right. Ireland/Scotland/UK expect a certain pace and maintain it. My weekend group will walk off and leave you standing on the tee box if they wait more than once.
I will say though, we can walk & drink at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sub 4 hours isn't asking too much from your weekend hacker.

I'm not so sure I don't agree with JB about playing on Tour, at least a little bit. I forget what the time was on the final round Sunday... maybe 5:29 or so. While that is definitely excessive, I don't think 4:45-5 would be completely out of line when they're playing for that kind of money. I honestly think it should be a little more lenient the closer they get to the final group, too.

Its absurd to think you can fall behind the group in front of you and nothing happens to you

I think it's hilarious that the rules claims 40 seconds and we've got countless videos over a minute long (well over at that).

Kind of a joke, if you ask me. All this rule talk and one of the most basic rule is being abused by tons of tour players.

Per PGA Tour commish, new pace of play "rules" will be unveiled at the American Express tournament in a few weeks. Looks like the focus will be more on individual time violations and not group pace of play.

What do you guys want to see in the new rules? Do you think they'll enforce the "rules" this year?

Back