Snickerdog's Adventure to the Grandaddy

Got out and played 27 holes today, 38/38=76 on the first 18 and would have won both 9 hole matches. The 3 nine we would have tied the match. We did move back on the last nine and played form the tips just to get some experience from longer distance for me.
The putter and short game where really good today.

Just getting caught up on your prep - looks like its going well

Good playing today.

Maric;n8889628 said:
Just getting caught up on your prep - looks like its going well

Thanks, definitely think I am on the right track.

MattyDMPLS;n8889830 said:
Good playing today.

Thanks, it was a really fun round and felt good.

Keep it up Dave! Looks like the Hideaway is going to get carved up the way you're playing.

Nappy;n8889840 said:
Keep it up Dave! Looks like the Hideaway is going to get carved up the way you're playing.

I am just hoping to not get pommeled by someone form the Zoo crew. Only problem is harvest will start pretty soon so I will be down to playing one day a week.

i'm proud of all the work you're putting in! you're going to be a force to be reckoned with in december, no doubt!

Snickerdog;n8889613 said:
Got out and played 27 holes today, 38/38=76 on the first 18 and would have won both 9 hole matches. The 3 nine we would have tied the match. We did move back on the last nine and played form the tips just to get some experience from longer distance for me.
The putter and short game where really good today.

Dayum, Dave! Nice shooting.

Nice consistent scores and improvement! Team THP is ready to show up!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Was able to get out and play the last 4 days in a row and I can feel it!!! Had some good scores but today the course kinda beat me up a bit with an 83. Spent about 15 minutes after the round today just chipping from different lies and rough.

I love the updates man!

4 days in a row!!!! So jealous! Keep up the work!

Took pretty much the whole week off to rest the back and feeling better. Will getting out on course tomorrow in Wichita KS on a tougher track and looking forward to the competition with a friend. Updates tomorrow.

Which shoes you going with?

tomcat;n8901621 said:
Which shoes you going with?

Will be sporting these.

Attachments

• photo36162.jpg
    photo36162.jpg
    950.3 KB · Views: 3
Got out to play today and it was a brutal 5 hour round. The front nine was decent with a 42, short game was great and the putter was on fire with 13 putts on the front.
We stopped and grabbed some snacks at the turn knowing it was going to be slow and was slower than expected. Managed to just ruin me with a 45. Only thing that saved it was the putter stayed good at 15 putts.
Overall I was happy to play and had good company but just painful when it takes that long. I need to find a way to stay engaged more and concentrate a bit more on the shots when I do get to play when it is that slow. I was leaking most of my iron shots to the right today so need to look into that issue.

I don’t think you’ll have to worry about crazy slow rounds come December my friend. At least not being idle; if anything you may feel things are going too fast!!

It's tough to stay focused when things are slow. I struggle with this in charity outings and the like. I usually try to relax with a few cocktails but then that derails the round even more. No idea how the tour pros do it. A mental discipline I don't have yet.

Tee time this morning, playing with 3 older guys who are a lot of fun and have deadly short games. Time to put in some work this weekend.

Snickerdog;n8908023 said:
Tee time this morning, playing with 3 older guys who are a lot of fun and have deadly short games. Time to put in some work this weekend.

Good luck and play well today David!

Not a great weekend in the prep. Played Saturday and the front 9 was solid with a 39 then went 42 on back for an 81. I was okay with that one just some silly mistakes.
Sunday was a train wreck with a 94!!! It happens and golf and is hard. Not really what I was expecting at all. This game can keep you guessing for sure.

Got out to the home course this morning and had a very relaxed round. Got quite windy on the back nine but still managed it pretty well for once.
Went 39/40=79. I hit a lot of fairways (11) and greens (14) with 32 putts today.
I feel very fortunate to have an amazing opportunity to attend the Grandaddy and hope my swing will hold where it is right now.
Playtime is down to once a week now so have to take advantage of the time to play and play well and work on a few things that still need to be tightened up.

Back