Something About You

Worked in Reinsurance for 30 years and was one of first occupants of World Trade Center. Was 21 with office looking at Ellis Island and Statue of Liberty.

I am a long range accuracy nut. I love long range shooting and competitive shooting in general. I still shoot when I can but stopped the competitions once we had kids. (too little time for so many hobbies)

I sing. I come from a very musical family. And you’ll never hear me sing.

I sing. I come from a very musical family. And you’ll never hear me sing.
What if we need some inspiration next December? You won't belt out a power ballad for us??

What if we need some inspiration next December? You won't belt out a power ballad for us??

I’ll bring my Bose speaker and play Livin on A Prayer on full blast. See, I gotchu.

This may be personal for some, but others might find it fun. Give us something about you, that is away from golf that people may find interesting, strange, different, etc.

Me: I love Food TV. I can watch any kind of it from America's Test Kitchen on PBS to the restaurant shows that showcase places around the country. I can watch hours of it without blinking an eye.
Perfect for me really. I may come across as abrasive at times. I don’t mean to, I’m just sarcastic and not everyone knows that.

I led operations for an advanced materials startup that made the critical raw material for the in-orbit repair capabilities that were required to allow the Space Shuttle fleet to return to flight after Columbia.

So, in a manner of speaking, I AM a rocket scientist.

I was born 5-1/2 weeks premature and doctors gave me a 15-20% chance of surviving and my Mom about a 40% chance of surviving the delivery process. Back in 1974, babies born that premature didn't stand the same odds of survival that they do today. In fact, the Brantford hospital had to send us via ambulance to the children's hospital in Hamilton because they weren't equipped to support such a difficult procedure.
I was 3 lbs. 2 oz at birth and spent the first three weeks of my life in an incubator. Fortunately everything worked out, and aside from being smaller than other kids my age growing up there are no real after-effects.

I have lived in my house for 28 years and have had a repairman here a half dozen times or so and only for the purpose of adding Freon to the AC. I have did all other repairs and maintenance myself.

I love to cook. I don’t do it often as it’s often just me, but I like the challenge of preparing great food. Especially anything involving fire, open fire or wood burning smoker are my two favorites.

I have lived in my house for 28 years and have had a repairman here a half dozen times or so and only for the purpose of adding Freon to the AC. I have did all other repairs and maintenance myself.

I hate working on stuff. But I’m also house poor right now so I’ve worked on a lot of stuff lately that I used to farm out.

Pole Vaulting put me through college. Never made it past 16'10".

Pro Gravity Bike honors after receiving 2nd place in World Cup in California. Never rode again.

My right index finger first joint was severed in a piece of farm machinery at the age of 8. Fingertip was hanging by a sliver of skin...will spare the gore. 40 stitches later part of it grew back but the fingernail grows crooked. Grandfather told me to stop crying on way to doctor...I did. Haha

Last edited:
I build furniture as one of my other hobbies. Some we keep around the house and some gets donated for fundraisers. Occasionally I'll do something for someone else if i like them. Or we're related
So that's why you don't build anything for me?!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fun fact:
I was adopted from Korea when I was a baby. I met my wife that was also adopted from Korea. We went back to Korea with our families and found out we were born a block apart in the same city a month after each other.

Another about me...

...I am absolutely terrified of snakes. I can’t even look at them on tv & steer clear of the reptile exhibit at the zoo.
Oh now you shouldn't have said that one out loud. Cause next time I see you .... Rubber Snake trick is coming out of the bag.

Fun fact:
I was adopted from Korea when I was a baby. I met my wife that was also adopted from Korea. We went back to Korea with our families and found out we were born a block apart in the same city a month after each other.
That's really cool.. What are the odds!!

I love to tinker, and am a jack of all trades, but a master of none. Became an artist about 6 years ago, and paint mostly in the winter months, my avatar was very challenging, but one of my favorites,,, My greatest thrill however comes when someone accepts Jesus as their LORD and Saviour.

Oh now you shouldn't have said that one out loud. Cause next time I see you .... Rubber Snake trick is coming out of the bag.

I set myself up, but I’m always ready for it!!!

This may be hard to believe for those that have met me, but I grew up a runner. Road races, Junior Olympics, school teams. Long jump, 800,1500, and cross country.

I'm currently living permanently in my third country. Started in Kiwi land, then the UK now the States.
I'm also eligible for my third passport which is one of 2021's goals.

This may be hard to believe for those that have met me, but I grew up a runner. Road races, Junior Olympics, school teams. Long jump, 800,1500, and cross country.
Let’s race down the fairway next time we play!!!

Let’s race down the fairway next time we play!!!
Running is dumb, I don't do it anymore.

When my knees blew up and they told me I couldn't anymore, I said sweet, I find something else to do.

Running is dumb, I don't do it anymore.

When my knees blew up and they told me I couldn't anymore, I said sweet, I find something else to do.
Was the next hobby golf?

Back