Spoiler Golf Putter

TJRyska

#LivingtheDream
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.5
This one looks interesting to say the least. Putter face is an “edge”. Anyone see something like this before?

IMG_6117.jpeg

I see this type of thing all the time.

Usually when it's when I don't want to bring my putter to the green so I just belly a wedge to putt. It works well, but I definitely don't have face control. I'm curious to see what the though is here.

I see this type of thing all the time.

Usually when it's when I don't want to bring my putter to the green so I just belly a wedge to putt. It works well, but I definitely don't have face control. I'm curious to see what the though is here.
I was thinking the same thing 🤣

That’s pretty wild. I’d definitely like to try it and see what’s what.
Yeah I wouldn’t buy one right off the bat but would love to try and putt around with one to see what it feels like.

I assume its not USGA conforming.

I assume its not USGA conforming.
I’m curious what you think. If a player can putt with the leading edge of a wedge, do you think this putter would be approved by the USGA?

I’m curious what you think. If a player can putt with the leading edge of a wedge, do you think this putter would be approved by the USGA?
Im not sure.
Appendix II provides: "features that extend into or ahead of the face" are illegal. Cant tell if this violates that or not.
I also can't tell if it is only one hitting surface the way its designed since the hitting surface is not flat. Based on their website mentioning nothing about it, I assume it has not been submitted.

Im not sure.
Appendix II provides: "features that extend into or ahead of the face" are illegal. Cant tell if this violates that or not.
I also can't tell if it is only one hitting surface the way it’s designed since the hitting surface is not flat. Based on their website mentioning nothing about it, I assume it has not been submitted.
Yeah not much info on the website. Appreciate the response! I sent them a message on Instagram. I’ll report back what they say.

Reminds me of the putters with a rounded face to "encourage" getting top spin on the ball faster.

MxVGolf-MxV1.jpg

Not the first to use a "roll face". Plenty of these out there with the idea that the ball would be struck the same no matter what:

1695566959777.png

Yeah not much info on the website. Appreciate the response! I sent them a message on Instagram. I’ll report back what they say.
Im sure you did ;)

Their page is littered with some other prototypes that would never get approved.
This one, I just do not see the benefit at all.

There have been a bunch of roll faced putters over the years. I had a Zebra Tear drop putter years ago. That putter doesn’t look very forgiving. If that leading edge is the face I could see it being legal.

Im sure you did ;)

Their page is littered with some other prototypes that would never get approved.
This one, I just do not see the benefit at all.
They claim to have a preliminary USGA conforming ruling and should have the official conformance letter in their hand this week.

They claim to have a preliminary USGA conforming ruling and should have the official conformance letter in their hand this week.
Great.
Still don’t see how it helps, but its different in a “kind of like other different putters” kind of way.

Great.
Still don’t see how it helps, but its different in a “kind of like other different putters” kind of way.
Yeah I doubt I ever see someone at my local course gaming one.

Doesn't exactly look like forgiveness is one of it's qualities. :LOL:

IMG_7778.png

😂🙄😂

Looks like they've started shipping these out. Has anyone tried one?

I don’t know a lot about equipment, so I am here asking the experts. Does this matter?

I don’t know a lot about equipment, so I am here asking the experts. Does this matter?

I think so. In fitting videos using camera systems, getting the ball rolling as soon as possible one point of focus. There's a lot that goes into making that happen, and one could utilize advanced fitting to dial it in with many brands, shapes, etc.

They’ve started shipping these out. Anyone see one of these in the wild or end up purchasing one?

What’s the target audience? Folks that hit their putters fat?

• Haha
Reactions: Bus
They’ve started shipping these out. Anyone see one of these in the wild or end up purchasing one?
No one is going to buy these, this is like trying to make fetch happen

Back