Review Sqairz Arrow Golf Shoe Review

Looking for something else, I found this review. Some interesting points made, especially between spikeless shoes those with spikes.

For what it's worth:

Love the width of these shoes but cannot get over the pressure points and blisters when a I walk 18 in them. Extremely heavy compared to New Balance 574’s and the lack of flexibility in the sole has me walking flat footed which throws off other parts (back and knees). I haven’t noticed any increased distance or lower scores but I wasn’t expecting that, I was sincerely looking for the width and comfort, disappointed to say the least. These, like some others I’ve tried, will be shelved until the next garage sale. Sorry Nick, they just dont live up to the claims made.

Love the width of these shoes but cannot get over the pressure points and blisters when a I walk 18 in them. Extremely heavy compared to New Balance 574’s and the lack of flexibility in the sole has me walking flat footed which throws off other parts (back and knees). I haven’t noticed any increased distance or lower scores but I wasn’t expecting that, I was sincerely looking for the width and comfort, disappointed to say the least. These, like some others I’ve tried, will be shelved until the next garage sale. Sorry Nick, they just dont live up to the claims made.
Curious what kid of socks you wear? I haven’t had any blister issues and that normally comes from rubbing.

Since I received my first pair of Sqairz I have worn them all but one round since, so 87 rounds of golf. Granted I ride, but have had no issues with blisters. I certainly don't notice the spikes or "pressure points". It is very easy to get a pair of these that feel really comfortable at first but are actually a little larger than they should be. Shoes too large are what typically cause blisters. That is why Sqairz has this pop-up that states:

The wider toe box of SQAIRZ Golf Shoes provides additional room for your feet to sit naturally. This unique design will most likely translate to you choosing a size slightly smaller; if you're between sizes definitely choose the smaller of the two sizes.

Sqairz are not a fit for me. I got the 20/20 in 8.5 delivered this week, but they are with USPS in return status. I have wide feet. Generally I wear Footjoy 8 or 8.5 in Wide depending on the model. Was just fit for extra wide New Balance size 8 walking shoes, so I'm not your average foot. I figured the Sqairz 8.5 might be a great winter waterproof option as I read they fit wide.

I liked the looks of the shoe but the foundation was just too tight in the area in the forefoot, across the balls of my feet. Could not see how they could stretch enough to work. And might be hot even if they did fit better. Expensive experiment with shipping both ways to/from Canada, currency exchange, taxes assessed, $13 restocking fee.

Still looking, several days ago I picked up spiked model Ecco Biom G3 Gore Tex (not Boa) in Euro 42 ( 8-8.5 US). More expensive than the Sqairz. I have worn (and do wear) Biom walking shoes in 42, though current models seem a bit more narrow. The soft Yak leather and good support are great. The G3 golf shoes fit just slightly wider. I wore them the next day for 18 holes (I did not remove the outer insole for extra width) and they were just fine for the round for comfort and great support. The Yak leather should mold for even better comfort after another round or two. As I mentioned earlier in this thread I already have Ecco G2 spikeless Gore Tex. But I prefer spiked for stability plus the spikeless felt a bit harsh to me underfoot...the G3 spiked felt better in both respects.

I believe it was Golf Monthly in the UK that mentioned the G3 design collects less mud and grass than usual with spiked shoes. I found that to be true especially at the front of the shoe. Attached is a pic after just a very quick brush post-round in the parking lot.

I might also mention that though Ecco GoreTex are waterproof, it's the inner lining. One should still use a quality Gore Tex suitable waterproofer on the leather, such as Ecco's own Repel. Helps keep dirt off too.

IMG_0055.JPG

Last edited:
For those skeptical of the distance claims for Sqairz golf shoes, The Faldo Formula Show on the CBS Sports Network is having Gene Parente from Golf Laboratories on tomorrow night at 7:00PM EST. He did the independent testing that documents the 7 yards of distance gains. Might be interesting!

Looking for something else, I found this review. Some interesting points made, especially between spikeless shoes those with spikes.

For what it's worth:

I guess I need to take this to heart:

Yep, SQAIRZ are different looking. But one man’s “different looking” is another man’s “no freaking way!” Where you fall depends on whether you look at golf shoes as a fashion accessory or as an integral part of your equipment.

I guess I need to take this to heart:

I see the problem - Nick Faldo as Investor. I haven't looked closely at these shoes, but if experience teaches us anything, it's that Nick will be gone in a flash. Good luck to them if the product works. I can't do really wide toe boxes any more as my big toes get bruised moving around too much.

I invested in True Linkswear by buying 3 pairs this summer and experimented with Athalonz - another shoe claiming extra yardage. We will see.

But good luck - people often judge a golf shoe a lot by its looks - so SQAIRZ starts with a disadvantage even if they offer added performance.

But good luck - people often judge a golf shoe a lot by its looks - so SQAIRZ starts with a disadvantage even if they offer added performance.

This is where I’ve been mentally. I think they look terrible. But despite using an intermediate target for every shot, I still line up to the right to varying degrees fairly often, so the straight toe line might help.

I also need wide shoes or a wide toe box, and my weight and balance (or lack-there-of) causes damage to golf shoes. My most recent pair are destroyed in less than 6 months. See my thread on it if you haven’t already:

I am always leery of endorsements and of the $200 price tag for something new to the market and not necessarily proven.

Last edited:
I have a pair and have worn them on and off through the year. They are extremely stable and the square toe is more than a gimmick. I think it provides some help in alignment. My issue is that they are a bit down the list in terms of comfort for a walking shoe. If I rode most of the time, these would be a favored shoe, but my feet have felt uncomfortable every time I have walked for 18 holes. Since I walk 80% or more of my rounds, I like other shoes better. However, these will remain in the stable and provide a good option for me when i ride.

I can't do really wide toe boxes any more as my big toes get bruised moving around too much.
They are not THAT wide! The toe is just squared off instead of typically rounded.

As far as looks, not everyone has the same tastes so anyone is welcome to think they look ugly or terrible. I've always bought shoes in the past based on looks, price or color and didn't realize until I got my first pair of Sqairz what I was missing in my game. I'm old so I think wearing a baseball cap backwards looks terrible. To each his own. :)

Sounds like mine will be headed back to me shortly after being customized, I can't wait to get them back on the course, I've missed them for sure, the traction of my spikeless shoes I've been wearing the meantime, certainly don't measure up to these.

I’m very interested in these!

These will be my next golf shoe purchase. It's settled. Too much good feedback.

Last edited:
Why would you pay $200 for plastic upper footwear. Also their website says to go up a size when you order and get a Branock device to measure your foot. Faldo has a piece of the company, what does he know. Isn’t he the one who laughed at Bryson about one length clubs?

Why would you pay $200 for plastic upper footwear. Also their website says to go up a size when you order and get a Branock device to measure your foot. Faldo has a piece of the company, what does he know. Isn’t he the one who laughed at Bryson about one length clubs?
Don’t buy them? I’m not sure what most of this have to do with the shoes but they are expensive and aren’t for everyone.

Don’t buy them? I’m not sure what most of this have to do with the shoes but they are expensive and aren’t for everyone.
The comfort and tech certainly make them feel worth it. With carts being eliminated for the next few months at my home course, these will get tested with quite a bit of walking shortly!

The first time I wore my pair of Squairz Golf shoes I didn't care for them too much. They were very uncomfortable. Tried them the last three rounds of golf I played this year again and they felt so good. I'm now thinking about ordering another pair for next spring. :cool:

I have gone back and forth with these shoes. I like the idea of forefoot room but do not buy into their adding distance. I would wear them on my head if they did. In the end I just dont like the look. Many do so they will do well. I am curious of what the next additions to the line will look like.

I have gone back and forth with these shoes. I like the idea of forefoot room but do not buy into their adding distance. I would wear them on my head if they did. In the end I just dont like the look. Many do so they will do well. I am curious of what the next additions to the line will look like.
There are plenty of models of golf shoes that sell for $200 or more these days. Typically one can find a discount code that takes $20 off the cost of Sqairz. And @carl Lazar you have it bass ackwards about recommended sizing.

@annsguy the additional width of the shoe helps provide more balance and stability and the sole traction is outstanding but just putting the shoes on won;t add distance. Those features enable one, should on choose, to perhaps swing a little bit faster being confident that one is not going to "slip" while putting in that extra effort. That is where any added distance will come from.

I've been playing golf for over 60 years and have worn all manner of golf shoes going back to metal spikes and I think these are the best I've ever worn for a variety of reasons.

Just got them back from the customizer, they turned out awesome!
IMG_6361.jpeg

Found the definitive review on these...nothing else needs to be said :)

I just watched this. He kills it every time.. haha.

Back