Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

Joined the Srixon z545 club today. Pumped to get these out for the last couple rounds of the year. My set is 6-pw so will have to get the 4 and 5 iron at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joined the Srixon z545 club today. Pumped to get these out for the last couple rounds of the year. My set is 6-pw so will have to get the 4 and 5 iron at some point.

You won't be disappointed with them, let us know how you get on

thats great. They were high on my list this year. Now I'm kinda eyeing the 355's but these are so beautiful they are hard to resist

I would love to see these available in Left Handed, they are a great looking/performing Iron from what I have read/seen so far.

Played today and hit some fantastic iron shots. Hit and 8 iron to 2 feet. Hit an iron on a par 3 that I immediately turned away in disgust - I was certain I caught it very fat and was going to come up 15 yards short of the green, but somehow it landed on the front of the green. I said there's no way that should have made the green and one of my playing partners said 'ain't modern technology great?!'
I have done this numerous times. The shots felt awful and I turn away and barely watch, only knowing the general direction of the shot. Then I get up to the area where I think it's probably lying (Short) and it ain't there. The last time I played I did this on a par three with the 5 iron and KNEW it was way short. Not only did I make the green, it was freaking pin high! #LittleLuckMaybe

I played one round again with my Apex setup and the only thing, the single, solitary thing, that keeps me in my 545s is the dual bounce setup and slightly wider soles. I'm steep so this is a big plus.

Cannot wait to put recoils in these. Wanted to go a little lighter and to hopefully alleviate the left wrist pain I've been getting during my rounds.

Still absolutely in love with these irons.

Last edited:
Recoils are going in mine next week :)

Cannot wait to put recoils in these. Wanted to go a little lighter and to hopefully alleviate the left wrist pain I've been getting during my rounds.

Still absolutely in love with these irons.

Nice! What are you going with?

I prepped my shafts last night (drilled out all the old epoxy, lightly sanded the tips, and removed all grips and tape. I have rounds Saturday and Tuesday and then I will throw them in.

Nice! What are you going with?

I prepped my shafts last night (drilled out all the old epoxy, lightly sanded the tips, and removed all grips and tape. I have rounds Saturday and Tuesday and then I will throw them in.
I bought 95's from a member here. I decided it's time to kick my ego and admit I am old

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

They are truly the best of both worlds. I have the 95's in mind and love them. Can't tell they are graphite based in feel and performance

A friend is going to do it, I am going to watch him to get the feel for this stuff

Sweet! Doing the work yourself?

95 f4's are mine. I am pretty pumped.

Got 110 f4 in mine. These are awesome irons. Recoils are so smooth and feel great especially on those cold mornings. Funny the stigma is still around regarding graphite in irons but time will change this, steel is dead weight in my book, especially when you can dial in the graphite like the recoils do.

I miss these clubs. I might have to get at least one on my new set haha

hit these clubs for the first time this morning. Honestly cannot believe how good they felt. Was 1-1.5 clubs longer then my XR's and that was with me hitting into a decent breeze. First time hitting forged irons and regular shafts and it was a different feeling for me. Really feel for the first time that I found irons I can play for a while. Now I just have to work on my swing and not being bad at golf so much. Also need to find a 5 iron to complete the set.

You just can't go wrong with these clubs. I have been playing mine all summer long and i am a committed club HO. HOwever, i have no desire to switch these irons with something else. I have had no less than 5 sets of irons in the last year. These are just that good. I also just took delivery on the "A" wedge z545 from Japan. Had it on the range today and its so smooth that it will replace my 48 degree cleveland wedge. These are just fantastic clubs for anyone low to mid-high HDCP. Not to mention how good they look and hold up to a season of play.

I went and got fitted for shafts last week. I naturally hit the ball high with my irons and was losing distance due to the ball flight. I ended up getting KBS Tour V shafts, hard stepped to play between regular and stiff, bent 1.5* upright. They finally arrived back this afternoon from the fitters so I was straight to the range after work.

I brought them with the standard (Asia) NS Pro 980 regular shafts. The shafts feel really easy to swing and slightly more head heavy than the NS Pro's. The ball flight still looks high but is more penetrating i.e. rainbow shape whereas before the ball would climb and drop quickly. The local range isn't the best of conditions and its hard to know your distances well. I'd say I was half to a club longer on carry distances, 8 iron landing where the my 7 use to land. This was consistent throughout my irons. Dispersion was a lot tighter, especially considering I hadn't swung a club for 8 days. I tend to lose the ball left with my irons, this was still happening when I got loose with my swing, however it was nowhere near as bad as it has been and the ball should still be in a playable area.

I'll be out for 18 after work tomorrow and if I can remember to take a half decent swing to the course I am really looking forward to seeing what differences there are on a course as opposed to a launch monitor and the range.

First ever iron reshaft complete. Just waiting on an extra wedge shaft to be delivered Monday for the AW

e9cc305818d0d1100ecf30848b98d831.jpg

8ab6e5984763dc9cad9742e0877d13fa.jpg

First ever iron reshaft complete. Just waiting on an extra wedge shaft to be delivered Monday for the AW

Wow! those look amazing. I am really inteterested to see how you feel about that combo because I was thinking about doing the same thing.

Nice looking work there, I am just still not sure about those grips but that is my personal choice

Gorgeous looking irons!!

Back