Srixon Z 585 Driver and Z 785 Driver

Im not sure Hideki has changed yet, but is testing. GMac, Keegan, McGirt and a few others.

As of 2 weeks ago, Hideki had the European Callaway XR Speed in the bag from photos I saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As of 2 weeks ago, Hideki had the European Callaway XR Speed in the bag from photos I saw.

He'll switch.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

i'm not trying to be a d1ck and you're certainly free to spend your time as you see fit, but i watched his review and i'm not sure what it will tell you that srixon's press info and the info thp has provided here don't already. just my $0.02.

haha you're not, no offense taken at all. I just prefer his videos over some of the others who do reviews.

haha you're not, no offense taken at all. I just prefer his videos over some of the others who do reviews.

i have enjoyed some of his, just found this one to be pretty void of anything of substance.

Will be getting this out here in about 30 minutes, going to TRY to get a sample size on the LM today, may have to wait until tomorrow.

It's very impressive. I know we THP Community members are pretty amped up with anything that involves 'handcrafted' and this is probably no exception.

A bit later in the week, I'll get some numbers on the driver. This is a pretty serious graphic though... I wonder if I can slide into the 170s with this head.

ac9f054b40f5ce7f230da037b4dbaa62.png

Very interesting numbers. Your previous post talked about the head being a larger footprint. Do I take that as it’s not as deep faced as some drivers? Specifically M3 and Rogue, for example.

Well, I have thoughts. A lot of thoughts. Took two sample sizes myself, and then one with a buddy who works in the pro shop at the course and swings more in the 100 range.

Once I get a moment to breath. I'll throw up some numbers.

Also, love this pic.

5e4ff874a25df888873c446fce9eec6c.jpg

Links to Review Updates:

• In-Hand Images: Click HERE
  • Initial Sample on GC2 (100 MPH Golfer): Click HERE

Going to put my two sessions up this evening, but for now, for pure discussion. Here is a session from a 100 mph range swinger, works in the pro shop at the course, plays a lot, has a really solid AoA, pretty accurate with his driver and his big miss is usually a block.

The sound blew him away. He felt like the shaft was just an OK fit, and definitely would prefer to hit the 9.5 head.

c17ddd1efb78188714f46b409c9c2224.jpg

Last edited:
Very interesting numbers. Your previous post talked about the head being a larger footprint. Do I take that as it’s not as deep faced as some drivers? Specifically M3 and Rogue, for example.

Just going off of looks, it does look a bit flatter and more stretched. The more I look at it, the more I want to like it. I would have to side by side them, but it doesn't really look like it's any more stretched out than other drivers I've gamed, like the Cobra Amp Cell. It looks a good bit less triangular than the Titleist 907. But there's nothing on the crown to distract from that slightly more elongated crown. I think the cleaner appearance kinda works against Srixon here. I love the alignment line, I love the subtle carbon fiber design on the crown. But there's nothing to distract from the conehead shape.

Then again, if it performs and feels nice, I can get over the look.

Srixon always have some of the nicest looking drivers, but you never really see their staffers gaming them.

Going to put my two sessions up this evening, but for now, for pure discussion. Here is a session from a 100 mph range swinger, works in the pro shop at the course, plays a lot, has a really solid AoA, pretty accurate with his driver and his big miss is usually a block.

The sound blew him away. He felt like the shaft was just an OK fit, and definitely would prefer to hit the 9.5 head.

c17ddd1efb78188714f46b409c9c2224.jpg

I'm no pro when it comes to reading the numbers so have a question.
Are the big differences in back spin #'s caused from the launch angle differences?

I'm no pro when it comes to reading the numbers so have a question.
Are the big differences in back spin #'s caused from the launch angle differences?
That's part of it for sure, also path, strike location, etc play a role. You'll see with my two sessions later that the spin was a good bit lower, but I am also a much lower launch player.

That's part of it for sure, also path, strike location, etc play a role. You'll see with my two sessions later that the spin was a good bit lower, but I am also a much lower launch player.

I know it is early but could you see this challenging the G400?

I know it is early but could you see this challenging the G400?
Way too early. Lol

I did hit a sample size (non recorded on app) to compare swing for the day with my gamer and numbers were similar. But I do think that the shaft is an issue at the moment as I felt a lot like the club head just couldn't catch up with my move. But, I'll get that data up tonight or in the morning!

Nice, would love to try this in comparison to my 545. Hoping they will be at the fall demo day this year at the local range.

Really like the looks of this one. Love the shaft offerings too!

He'll switch.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This will be interesting to see as I was told he wasn't playing a srixon driver because the contract to get him to do it was too much. For the price they got a better bang for the buck by signing guys to play their ball

As I think about this as a lefty, has any other company released their higher end clubs in a left handed model but not the lower end? I'm so used to companies offering the LH models in the more forgiving clubs such as Mizuno with the JPX line and Srixon with their previous Z models but the higher end was RH only (JPX Tour and Z965 for example) Here Srixon has chose to not offer the Z585 driver in LH but the Z785 driver is available in LH and RH. It seems like an interesting choice considering I'd like to think the Z585 driver is probably more suited to the average golfer.

I've got the 585 in hand paired with a regular flex HZRDUS Red that I will be putting through its paces. Straight to the course this afternoon with feedback to come afterwards. For now though, some pics!

DSC_0205-XL.jpg

DSC_0206-XL.jpg

DSC_0207-XL.jpg

DSC_0209-XL.jpg

DSC_0210-XL.jpg

DSC_0211-XL.jpg

DSC_0212-XL.jpg

DSC_0213-XL.jpg
Is it just the pictures or is the back of the head a little rounded triangular for both drivers?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Links to Review Updates:

• In-Hand Images: Click HERE
  • Initial Sample on GC2 (100 MPH Golfer): Click HERE
  • Initial Thoughts and Sample on GC2 (Me): Click HERE

Ok then, I put two sessions in on this one (585) today in some windy as heck conditions but an empty course, so, we set up on a tee box and went after it.

This was literally the debut, straight to the tee and go, so be gentile. Hahahaha

I did remove a few totally wonky swings that bore no useful info they were so bad, but beyond that I left in all the typical misses.

General thoughts I'll get more detailed on tomorrow before I let you all pick apart all the data (be gentile)....

This club sounds fantastic. A blend of composite and slight metallic tone, addicting, I mean it. It sets up slightly closed at address, the crown looks badass, and the shape isn't bad when setup, it's non traditional, but not distracting.

I'll add, a lot of the directional rights can, imo, be credited a lot to the fit of the shaft (reg flex), I had to get extremely deliberate to really get the head to release in time. That said, the ball speed is legitimately promising. Getting into the 160's at all with my current no rep having swing was an eye opener, and moreso the spin numbers and working to that apex were welcome sights.

So, more tomorrow pertaining to thoughts on certain misses, but for now the sessions:

f8927eada71be403dcc00531d005a6bd.jpg
0e570ddcd97c61c5d389d224cd432084.jpg

Last edited:
The 585 is definitely what I would call on the side of non-traditional shape wise, its got a little triangularity to it in the back heel portion of the head, its not off putting, but its also not a pure rounded shape.
Answered my question

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Whatever it is you did on your 3rd swing of the 2nd session, can you send some of that over this way? Came in at at sub 30 degrees too - could have gotten some serious roll out.

You mentioned this already, but it ties into the thread from Adam's podcast. The long term reviews that are done here by the staff are far and away the most complete. I do look forward to you either getting comfortable with the shaft or eventually throwing something more your style in there.

Whatever it is you did on your 3rd swing of the 2nd session, can you send some of that over this way? Came in at at sub 30 degrees too - could have gotten some serious roll out.

You mentioned this already, but it ties into the thread from Adam's podcast. The long term reviews that are done here by the staff are far and away the most complete. I do look forward to you either getting comfortable with the shaft or eventually throwing something more your style in there.
Hahaha, noticed that one eh? It was dead nuts center and the only one of both sessions I really felt like I got through, honest to god hit it with the intent of fighting it low in the crazy wind because I wanted to just see if I could and it was obliterated.

4c5c6dd33dc8479e31d203b2359f3835.jpg

Any burning questions from anyone that they really want Canadan or myself to hone in on in the coming days?

Back