Srixon Z 585 Driver and Z 785 Driver

Will be getting the 785 in play tomorrow finally. Hoping for a good initial outing. Pumped!!! :clapp:

Different thoughts on the Z785 driver. I have this in a 9.5 head, with UST Helium shaft in reg flex.

Looks: I really like the looks, it sets up nice behind the ball. I am a fan of red so the bottom of clubs looks good to me also.

Feel/Sound: This is where it is way different than my G400 Max. The Srixon doesn't have that harsh loud tingy sound of the Ping. It is more muted almost muffled to me. There didn't seem to be a lot of sound difference when moving away from the center of the face.

Forgiveness: This is where you will notice off center hits the most. If you make center face contact, this driver is long, I would say as long or longer than my G400. That being said, if you get to far away from the face you will know it. I had a few shots out towards the toe that still got a considerable bit of distance, but when in towards the heel, that is where I notice the distance losses. Low on the face (read bottom) the distance was still good but got not height to the shots at all. Can't really comment on high face as I am lucky I generally don't hit high face shots.

Overall impression for my first outing with this driver: There is not chance this will kick the G400 Max out of the bag. There just isn't enough forgiveness built into this driver. I will say I was NOT having a good day off the tee at all. Lots of low liners that where not getting up but where running out good.
If one can keep it in the center of the face, the driver will reward you and is long.
I will give it several more chances as this is a driver that I think will work if one is having a good tee day.

Different thoughts on the Z785 driver. I have this in a 9.5 head, with UST Helium shaft in reg flex.

Looks: I really like the looks, it sets up nice behind the ball. I am a fan of red so the bottom of clubs looks good to me also.

Feel/Sound: This is where it is way different than my G400 Max. The Srixon doesn't have that harsh loud tingy sound of the Ping. It is more muted almost muffled to me. There didn't seem to be a lot of sound difference when moving away from the center of the face.

Forgiveness: This is where you will notice off center hits the most. If you make center face contact, this driver is long, I would say as long or longer than my G400. That being said, if you get to far away from the face you will know it. I had a few shots out towards the toe that still got a considerable bit of distance, but when in towards the heel, that is where I notice the distance losses. Low on the face (read bottom) the distance was still good but got not height to the shots at all. Can't really comment on high face as I am lucky I generally don't hit high face shots.

Overall impression for my first outing with this driver: There is not chance this will kick the G400 Max out of the bag. There just isn't enough forgiveness built into this driver. I will say I was NOT having a good day off the tee at all. Lots of low liners that where not getting up but where running out good.
If one can keep it in the center of the face, the driver will reward you and is long.
I will give it several more chances as this is a driver that I think will work if one is having a good tee day.

In the end, for me, your conclusion was the same as mine with both the 785 and 585, truly legit ball speed potential, but, misses are just punished more than my Max and the potential wasn’t worth it.

But, I still believe they’re so under the radar it’s absurd, very good drivers.

Took out the 785 again today and it was just bad. Bad enough that I put it away after the 7th hole and used 3W for the rest of my drivable holes.
I think I should have gotten a stiff flex shaft over the reg flex that I have in it.

When I got home, I went down to the local CC and took my G400 with me. G400 has Stiff flex stock Alta shaft in it.
I hit 5 balls and everyone was straight shots and all found the fairway. Did the same with the 785 and 1 found the fairway and shorter.
Never had such an issue with a driver in the past and really has me stumped and frustrated.
Srixon does have the 60 day playability return option and I may do that.
Will probably give it some range time tomorrow at lunch and see if I can figure it out.

One of the things that upsets me the most is how easy it is to hit the 3W and 5W without issue.

Think we are going to tip some new shafts for these drivers.

4c4d4f00d633e47dfdea459a64c4ec74.jpg

Think we are going to tip some new shafts for these drivers.

4c4d4f00d633e47dfdea459a64c4ec74.jpg

How about a LIN•Q? Then just bring it to Vegas in early April for some fun;-)

I think them getting reviewed sounds WAY more fun :alien:

Haha. While LINQ will get tried, no reviews or demos early on as its a tour only product right now. We have spoken to UST Mamiya about this and I have no doubt that THP will have the full news and info very soon though.

Haha. While LINQ will get tried, no reviews or demos early on as its a tour only product right now. We have spoken to UST Mamiya about this and I have no doubt that THP will have the full news and info very soon though.

I heard that too. But you know how internet golfers are, if it’s Tour only or prototype we want it that much more. LOL!

BTW, still one of the most complex adapters out there.

And damn that square wrench! HA!

BTW, still one of the most complex adapters out there.

And damn that square wrench! HA!

The wrench is not great. Anything is better than the Titleist adapters however.
Although Ping is running a close second in functionality.

The wrench is not great. Anything is better than the Titleist adapters however.
Although Ping is running a close second in functionality.

Yeah, Titleist adapters literally need a decoder ring lmao

I hit the z785 w/ 6.0 HZRDS Black at the LGS this afternoon, just four quick swings before the store was closing. The first three were OK but definitely not online as I've not swung a driver since August. The 4th was was a tad off the toe but with some good draw back to center, prompting the gentleman helping me to remark, "That was filthy." Felt that way too. I didn't bother to check spin numbers but it carried 259 which is about as good as it gets for me.

I hit the z785 w/ 6.0 HZRDS Black at the LGS this afternoon, just four quick swings before the store was closing. The first three were OK but definitely not online as I've not swung a driver since August. The 4th was was a tad off the toe but with some good draw back to center, prompting the gentleman helping me to remark, "That was filthy." Felt that way too. I didn't bother to check spin numbers but it carried 259 which is about as good as it gets for me.

Like a draw? Give the Z 585 a test. No loft adjustments but is a draw biased driver. Got rid of my Z 785 driver after I read about the Z 585, tested it and then bought a used, but in great shape, Z 585 10.5* regular shaft and haven't looked back.

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with the 585 and alternate shafts? I have one with the stock shaft and find the red to be a little soft to flex. I’m trying to find a stable reasonably priced shaft to thro in to make flight more consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with the 585 and alternate shafts? I have one with the stock shaft and find the red to be a little soft to flex. I’m trying to find a stable reasonably priced shaft to thro in to make flight more consistent.

yes sir. Played a 585 recently with a Paderson Kinetixx Velocity and freaking loved it

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ve been reading the thread on these and found them interesting.

Any experience with the Ts-d2? I haven’t seen much on here about it.

Back