Srixon Z 585 Irons and Z 785 Irons

Yes, I was fit for the previous irons, but at that time my swing was very different to what it is now - over the top, steep with low launch

Since being fitted for those I have done a lot of work on my swing and this new setup just shows how much it has changed

You must also be generating a little more speed? Sounds like you've done some great work with your instructor, who do you go to? Thinking for my wife really as she is getting annoyed at me trying to teach her

You must also be generating a little more speed? Sounds like you've done some great work with your instructor, who do you go to? Thinking for my wife really as she is getting annoyed at me trying to teach her

Yeah, there is more speed as my technique has improved and there is probably still more to come

My instructor is Ross Jackson, he used to be based at Ingleby but then moved to Billingham and set up The Golf Performance Institute
The only downside to that is everything is indoors now, so if she can't get used to hitting in to a screen then she might struggle - I took my wife over to try it whilst I was having a lesson and she couldn't get comfortable with it so has had a lesson at Dinsdale and is going to book some more
You can find his details on Facebook, search for 'The Golf Performance Institute'

I cannot decide if I want to go 5-7 z585 and then 8-PW z785 or 5-6 585 and 7-PW 785. Leaning towards getting z585 in 5-7.

I cannot decide if I want to go 5-7 z585 and then 8-PW z785 or 5-6 585 and 7-PW 785. Leaning towards getting z585 in 5-7.

No wrong answer there. I would make sure the lofts fit in like you want them. Easy to get them bent to the right specs. These have been my favorite iron set that I have owned. They are game changers for sure.

I agree with what Danimal said, but I’d also say don’t sleep on the U85’s in the long iron for some extra forgiveness. They even blend well in the U85/785 combo set.

U85 3/4 585 5/6 785 7/8 Z Forged 9-PW would be some pretty serious flow :alien: right into some RTX-4 :micdrop:

I’m still having such a blast playing the 785’s, it honestly never gets old pulling one of these out of the bag. It’s crazy how the longer I have them in my bag the better looking they get to me. Love the whole package! Aesthetics and performance in such a perfect balance...sets of irons like this don’t come around everyday. I will be filling out the bag with more 785’s directly, 7-PW just isn’t enough.

U85 3/4 585 5/6 785 7/8 Z Forged 9-PW would be some pretty serious flow :alien: right into some RTX-4 :micdrop:

I think that would just about cover the spread of em all!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got 1/2” rain overnight last night so I really got a chance to play the Z785’s on a really wet track and they were superb. No real digging, and great workability moving it left or right. The short irons were not jiving with me until 9, hit a 9 iron with a draw to hold against the wind to a foot.

These are so much fun every time I get out to the course. I want to go a degree or 2 stronger going from the 4 iron to the AW. May have to swing by one of the stores after tomorrow’s round if they’re not log jammed.

Picked up my combo set of Z-Forged, Z785 and ZU85 irons last night

Will have some better pics when they go in the bag (it is in my locker at my club) but for the time being here are a couple

9ea350c6db4bd2cae4d3b792cfaafc33.jpg
f28450e56732aa4183454d8827dc46bd.jpg
97e02419a207af5e94e3c1a0eae14244.jpg
466b967880594ad8ab9a7945feafdd50.jpg
f23b614336a73564d5bde622bf1d7824.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Those are looking good. I’d love to know how far you are hitting your 2 iron and the dispersion of them. I do not have the speed for a 2 iron but I am really curious.

That is a great looking setup @TheDoctor !!! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on them.

Those are looking good. I’d love to know how far you are hitting your 2 iron and the dispersion of them. I do not have the speed for a 2 iron but I am really curious.
I have only hit them briefly in work shoes a couple weeks ago so didn't have any grip, but at that time the one thing I remembered seeing in the numbers was 132MPH ball speed

Once I get a chance to get my gapping session sorted I will have a better idea of distance

The Recoil shaft will take a little getting used to but a good swing produces a good trajectory for my swing - a bad swing sees a fade or slice if it is really bad (this is the same with any club in my bag to be fair)

Picked up my combo set of Z-Forged, Z785 and ZU85 irons last night

Will have some better pics when they go in the bag (it is in my locker at my club) but for the time being here are a couple

9ea350c6db4bd2cae4d3b792cfaafc33.jpg
f28450e56732aa4183454d8827dc46bd.jpg
97e02419a207af5e94e3c1a0eae14244.jpg
466b967880594ad8ab9a7945feafdd50.jpg
f23b614336a73564d5bde622bf1d7824.jpg

That’s a sweet setup there loving my 785’s just a great set would love to combo the 4&5 maybe with 585’s or U85’s some of the best feeling irons I’ve ever hit!

Did anyone order directly through Srixon? If so, how long did it take them to process/ship the order.

Did anyone order directly through Srixon? If so, how long did it take them to process/ship the order.

I ordered a few clubs direct from them and they were pretty darn fast. I think I had them within a week or so.

I have ordered clubs direct from them, took mine about 15 days.

I have ordered clubs direct from them, took mine about 15 days.

Okay perfect. I am right around that. I know they have not shipped, so I just wanted to make sure.

They gave me 7-10 days after taking my order. I think I got it around day 8.

They gave me 7-10 days after taking my order. I think I got it around day 8.

My neighbor ordered his through Budget Golf (think he used the THP Coupon) and was the same time frame.

My neighbor ordered his through Budget Golf (think he used the THP Coupon) and was the same time frame.

I ordered from a retailer as well, but they are shipping direct from Srixon. So, I was thinking that could delay things. Guess I am being a little impatient. I just wanna see some tracking. Ha.

Appreciate all of the info.

I ordered my 565’s and 585’s directly from Srixon. Custom shafts, length, lie angle and grips and both sets shipped within a week. My 565’s shipped within 2 days

My Z-Forged shipped within a week to my golf shop and I picked up about 10 days later.

For those who have combo’d the 585/785, did you mess with the lofts? I was thinking 5 & 6 585’s and 7-A 785’s and bending the 785’s one degree strong. Thoughts?

For those who have combo’d the 585/785, did you mess with the lofts? I was thinking 5 & 6 585’s and 7-A 785’s and bending the 785’s one degree strong. Thoughts?

I dont have a mixed set but am for sure bending my 785's a degree or 2 through the bag this weekend. I was thinking of doing a combo set at firest and doing the same thing that you are describing.

Back