Srixon ZX MK II Irons

Fair point, but I need as much back as possible in order to get some Dormie goodies 😎 plus daycare, daycare is a budget killer lol
Yes,been there with Twins. 1st it's just get them our of Diapers, then it's out of Daycare...on and on and on.😂

Anyone here still play the 565 irons? I do and I absolutely love them but have interest in replacing my 4-5 irons with ZX4 MKII 4-5 irons and keeping the 565 6-AW in the bag. Has anyone already done this?

Was hitting the ball much better today and hit 56% of greens! The ZX7 have some serious stopping power. Hit an 8i that ended up in its own ball mark. Hit a zx5 5iron on 18 that was only about 6ft from the pitch mark. Most of the 7i and shorter were only 3-4 feet for where they pitched. As I start striking these better and better I am more impressed with how they feel and perform.

The ZX 4 set feels the best to me in the whole bunch. what a fantastic set of irons

So this is me hitting a chippy with the ZX4 and an F3 Dart. I was going to do a follow up if me trying to deliver it like a more typical ZX4 player would, because it's pure comedy, but I ran out of time with the ass kicking tornados coming through. But this is an example of what you get (at least naturally before I get into my let's figure this out swings) when you ask me to check numbers on something that doesn't suit me with your shaft and distances. I'm just not good at keeping my hands back and delivering loft at that speed.

Feel pretty good though, and I remember really liking them before they came out and thinking they were a big improvement. It's been great to see so many people choosing them and enjoying them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, don't know much about shafts, but isn't an F3 reg flex? I know you go by OldandStiff (ehem bullhockey) but you should be stiff or extra,correct?

The ZX 4 set feels the best to me in the whole bunch. what a fantastic set of irons
Really? Wow, that says a lot coming from U.

Was hitting the ball much better today and hit 56% of greens! The ZX7 have some serious stopping power. Hit an 8i that ended up in its own ball mark. Hit a zx5 5iron on 18 that was only about 6ft from the pitch mark. Most of the 7i and shorter were only 3-4 feet for where they pitched. As I start striking these better and better I am more impressed with how they feel and perform.
Having played with you two days in a row, these irons are serious weapons for you. Yesterday, the wind aside, you hit some great shots just didn’t get rewarded for it. Complete 180 today and you hit some beauties with these.

mom in full ponder mode now bc the Zx7 doesn’t look that much more smaller or demanding than my 921 Forged

Really? Wow, that says a lot coming from U.
I think it’s criminally overlooked in this lineup. I’m speaking specifically to the Srixon line

Got a closest to the pin in todays club event. 156 with a little mid draw 9i to 4’6”. Took one hop forward, checked and bit towards the flag. I’d say that was the best shot of the day, but I had some real gems with the ZX7s. The honeymoon phase is so enjoyable and I don’t see any reason for the magic to end.

Only got to play 8 holes today because the wind got so brutal. But the ZX5 are the real deal. Turf interaction is great as is the ball flight. Love so far.

Quiet as it's kept, I do regret not trying to the ZX4's. I love my ZX5's, but the reviews on the ZX4s have been great.

Correct me if I'm wrong, don't know much about shafts, but isn't an F3 reg flex? I know you go by OldandStiff (ehem bullhockey) but you should be stiff or extra,correct?
Yes, it is. Hence the chippy shot. It's tough when a friend asks me to give them my take for them sometimes. I have a hard time mimicking typical numbers with them and me trying to flip through a bit to achieve it is usually kind of funny. Lol And they feel nothing like what I play, and I play a firm ball which makes it worse. If I use a softer one I get even less spin so the whole thing is a bit of folly. Can be fun though! And so can smoothing them with ball 140+ ball speed, but I'm not sure how much value that has either.

It just occurred to hit to hit an 8i off the rack next time. I will do that!! 😏

Yes, it is. Hence the chippy shot. It's tough when a friend asks me to give them my take for them sometimes. I have a hard time mimicking typical numbers with them and me trying to flip through a bit to achieve it is usually kind of funny. Lol And they feel nothing like what I play, and I play a firm ball which makes it worse. If I use a softer one I get even less spin so the whole thing is a bit of folly. Can be fun though! And so can smoothing them with ball 140+ ball speed, but I'm not sure how much value that has either.

It just occurred to hit to hit an 8i off the rack next time. I will do that!! 😏
Little slower transition and speed...Walla, reg shaft 😂

I wish I was coming in here to report my astounding iron play during the ZX4's maiden voyage :beat-up: Life's not fair though. Iron swing was just not there yesterday for my first nine holes. Had a really good 5 hole stretch where I hit a few greens, and then sort of lost it again. Spent time hitting another iron set as well, and results were similar.

However, they kept me in the game and I guess that's the point of the whole thing. If I can get around the green, I'm pretty adept at getting the ball in the hole for a below average golfer and they got me around the the green. No big misses and no penalties.

Plenty of height. The sole worked well from both the very soft fairway and a couple trips into the fescue.

Feel and look is still a big surprise to me. I thought I was compromising on both of those things for the added forgiveness and it's just not presenting itself as a compromise to me. Compared with the other GI set I'm testing, there's just no comparison imo.

I can't speak of the other two irons in the line, but comparing with a few other recent sets and my beloved 545's, I'm right there with you. I don't think you could convince me these were hollowbody irons.

Really wish Srixon had the Dart 90 or 105 weight options available with any of these sets. If so, I think that would be the shaft I'd go with.

Still deciding ZX4 or ZX4/ZX5, but I'm going to be hitting some soon, so I'll have a better idea after that.

I am now in a bit of a predicament with these irons. I love the feel and looks, but my dispersion is no bueno. Nearly 100% this is a shaft issue. I knew that was a risk when buying them. But I need to make a decision on if I want to take on a rebuild or just start from scratch.....

is it normal that it takes a certain amount of time to get used to new fitted clubs?

i initially used a stock ping g425 standard loft lie length and standard swingweight of D0 with 105 stiff and got fitted at CC with zx5/7 with c taper lite, 1/2 inch longer, swingweight of D5 and 1/2 degree flatter.

i hit it well while fitting few weeks back but went to range earlier today with shots all fading, and distance between 100-140 yards from PW-6 iron

Last edited:
is it normal that it takes a certain amount of time to get used to new fitted clubs?

i initially used a stock ping g425 standard loft lie length and standard swingweight of D0 with 105 stiff and got fitted at CC with zx5/7 with c taper lite, 1/2 inch longer, swingweight of D5 and 1/2 degree flatter.

i hit it well while fitting few weeks back but went to range earlier today with shots all fading, and distance between 100-140 yards from PW -6 iron

I'd talk to club champion about it and maybe go back in if needed. that's a big change in specs.

I'm back in the Srixon fam. Just got out of a love/hate relationship with the T100.

ZX7's are now in the bag. 4-AW. Had the OG ZX7's for awhile. Loved them, so the transition will be easy.

Played yesterday and today in Virginia Beach. I would like give you a review about my first time w/ ZX4’s on a course but my swing and game was so bad I can’t. When I did make a good swing these things were amazing.. just few and far between. They are def a distance iron and these things fly. The utility iron is the greatest thing ever. One short par 4 was about 300-310 and trouble on either side after fairway. Used my 3 UT and both days were straight down the pipe leaving me 80-90 in. Def need some range time to get my swing back but even though I played terrible I think I’m in for a good year if I can fix it.

Played yesterday and today in Virginia Beach. I would like give you a review about my first time w/ ZX4’s on a course but my swing and game was so bad I can’t. When I did make a good swing these things were amazing.. just few and far between. They are def a distance iron and these things fly. The utility iron is the greatest thing ever. One short par 4 was about 300-310 and trouble on either side after fairway. Used my 3 UT and both days were straight down the pipe leaving me 80-90 in. Def need some range time to get my swing back but even though I played terrible I think I’m in for a good year if I can fix it.
That is what I have found with my U85s. Fargiving... oops Patent infringement 😂

Back