Just picked the ZX7 mkii with Steelfiber i95s in Stiff. Was going for a shaft change for the OG ZX7s which I love, but hard to order in the old model, so decided to get the new ones.

This shaft/head combo is amazing. Soft, solid, and amazing dispersion. The 4 iron is amazingly forgiving and feels great off the face...and shoots off like a rocket.

It sucks that they default to standard talking points. The differences looking down at the ZX5 and ZX4 are barely noticeable. The entire lineup is excellent. I think they are stuck in review language and can't get beyond it.
I let a couple of buddies hit a couple of shots with my ZX5's Wed Afternoon, when they put it down the first thing both of them said was, "Dang those are tiny" or something of the sort.....they are great looking irons and i love the fact they remind me of some of my blades from long ago

It sucks that they default to standard talking points. The differences looking down at the ZX5 and ZX4 are barely noticeable. The entire lineup is excellent. I think they are stuck in review language and can't get beyond it.

I agree with this. My set has a ZX4 5i, ZX5 6-9 and ZX7 PW-AW. If I put the 5 and 6 next to each other then you can tell the difference but I don't really notice an issue when I pull the 5i.

I let a couple of buddies hit a couple of shots with my ZX5's Wed Afternoon, when they put it down the first thing both of them said was, "Dang those are tiny" or something of the sort.....they are great looking irons and i love the fact they remind me of some of my blades from long ago

You buddies shouldn't look at the Titleist T100. I find the ZX5s to be confidence inspiring compared to my T100s.

My ZX5 MkII have arrived!!! Man they’re sexy! Can’t wait to hit them. May have to run over to the range this afternoon. Only downer is that the ZxU 3 and the two CBX FullFace2 wedges shipped separately and are due here on the 4th.

No surprise to see the VT sole love. It's such a winner. There's a little more width on the 4's than my old 545's, and so far that appears to be benefitting me on some misses at the moment. One chunky swing in particular got a "nice shot" from my son, but I knew the truth :LOL:

Still think people are going to mischaracterize these irons unless they see them in hand. Part of that is the MkI lineage and part of that is that they are the 3rd, biggest iron in the Srixon line. Natural that one would expect them to be quite large, but it's just not the case at address. Saw some other youtube idiot talking about them having the thickest topline of the three sets. Do people not read?

I saw that "review" and pretty immediately dismissed it as well. Guy didn't even take 2 minutes to review the specs on the website. What cracks me up about it is that he can't get past his "chunky, high handicap" bias, and hits on the talking points, when the truth is that in fact the top line is identical and what makes these special. The Srixon designers made a more forgiving iron blend near seamlessly with a players cavity back that pros use on tour, that is impressive!

Oh my! Went to go to the range but decided to play our ninth, then 1-4. New driver shaft too, a Helium 5F2. Striped the driver ping and straight, hit all 5 greens with my irons and wedges, and played them even par with a birdie and a bogey. The Srixons with SteelFiber i70cw A flex are amazing.

I just got back from playing our local exec course. It has a par 5, 3 par 4s and 5 par 3s with varying lengths. Nobody was around so I hit a bunch of different shots. On one par 3 with the flag at 162 I hit 3 7i that were all within 20 feet and two of them within 10. The two close ones carried 156 which is an excellent distance for me.

I think these irons are going to be great. The only one I am not sold on yet interestingly enough is the ZX4 5i. I haven't hit that much yet but haven't made many good swings with it.

My ZX5 MkII have arrived!!! Man they’re sexy! Can’t wait to hit them. May have to run over to the range this afternoon. Only downer is that the ZxU 3 and the two CBX FullFace2 wedges shipped separately and are due here on the 4th.
Oh, that U3 is gonna be sweat. Hit my U85 4 iron yesterday for a layup 230 soft Fairway before water...wet. I wonder how well the 3 would do(as he tosses his Driver in the bin)?

Oh, that U3 is gonna be sweat. Hit my U85 4 iron yesterday for a layup 230 soft Fairway before water...wet. I wonder how well the 3 would do(as he tosses his Driver in the bin)?
Oh it’ll never replace my driver for sure but it should be a reliable 190-200 or thereabouts.

So this is me hitting a chippy with the ZX4 and an F3 Dart. I was going to do a follow up if me trying to deliver it like a more typical ZX4 player would, because it's pure comedy, but I ran out of time with the ass kicking tornados coming through. But this is an example of what you get (at least naturally before I get into my let's figure this out swings) when you ask me to check numbers on something that doesn't suit me with your shaft and distances. I'm just not good at keeping my hands back and delivering loft at that speed.

Feel pretty good though, and I remember really liking them before they came out and thinking they were a big improvement. It's been great to see so many people choosing them and enjoying them.

So this is me hitting a chippy with the ZX4 and an F3 Dart. I was going to do a follow up if me trying to deliver it like a more typical ZX4 player would, because it's pure comedy, but I ran out of time with the ass kicking tornados coming through. But this is an example of what you get (at least naturally before I get into my let's figure this out swings) when you ask me to check numbers on something that doesn't suit me with your shaft and distances. I'm just not good at keeping my hands back and delivering loft at that speed.

Feel pretty good though, and I remember really liking them before they came out and thinking they were a big improvement. It's been great to see so many people choosing them and enjoying them.

Saw that tornado in Little Rock! Glad your ok!

So excited how quick these are rounding into form. Played 9 this afternoon in prep of tomorrow’s Men’s Club tournament. Finally forced some 5i!shots and was very happy with the results. Need to get comfortable with the AW, seem to hit fat and that narrow sole, V Sole or otherwise carved up these soft fairways. Favorite shot was a 145 par three, played an easy 9i that went long about 10 yards but was just high and perfect baby draw.

Oh it’ll never replace my driver for sure but it should be a reliable 190-200 or thereabouts.
If Tee'd up you will be surprised how much kick this Iron has.

Yeah, it's pretty :love:
IMG_20230401_152721.jpg

Well guess I should go pick up my irons that I'm not even going to hit since the cobra clubs will be in play haha

Anyone want to buy a 5-p ZX5 upright 2*, modus 120 xs??? 😁

Well guess I should go pick up my irons that I'm not even going to hit since the cobra clubs will be in play haha

Pfft. Someone with dedication could get in at least 20 rounds with them before then.

I'd play 25. :p

Pfft. Someone with dedication could get in at least 20 rounds with them before then.

I'd play 25. :p
Fair point, but I need as much back as possible in order to get some Dormie goodies 😎 plus daycare, daycare is a budget killer lol

2deg up yes, 120xs stiff not a chance. Old man swing here.😂

Back