Man the ZX5 MKii are so good. I hit an 8I from 155, high and drawing into the green. Ended up about 5 feet from the pin. I usually change out irons every other year, which is probably too much. I don’t have any FOMO for any other irons at the moment.
I don't either! The ZX5 MKii's are staying in the bag for me. So good for me and my swing. They are great.

Second round with the MKII zx4 was done today in 40 degree weather with rain.

My gosh I'm loving these irons. The ball flight is exactly what I hoped for. The distance I'm getting is pretty insane (detrimental for the time being in some instances since I don't have distances locked in yet haha). Extremely forgiving as I'm barely losing distance on mis-hits off the toe.

Genuinely so so happy with this purchase. The Recoil darts are taking some time to learn the new tempo but my gosh they feel so so good.

I expect this 2u to be in my bag for the next several years like my last driving iron was.

I need to cut it down an inch, but it's a blast. 230-240 low and running off the tee.
mishits don't kill you distance wise.

removed the 3w from my bag which probably still needs to be there for rare shots. there's one shot at my home course that i ever consider using a 3w and i was in the perfect spot last time out. kind of a kinked par 5 that if you get around the first corner 280+ you'll have 250-260ish in. I was 258 I think out, no 3w in the bag so and ramped up the 2u. put it about 10 feet left of where I was aiming or it would have run up onto the elevated green, got got by the greenside bunker. it covers such a big range of versatility. I lub it.

Been playing some great golf lately (3 strait rounds in the 80’s). One aspect I’ve enjoyed lately is the V sole. It’s super easy to go after the ball when you know you’re going to get one push back in the turf. It’s been especially good for chipping with the PW. What a great weapon this club has become for me around the green. Anyway, ZX5’s, best irons I’ve ever played.

Been playing some great golf lately (3 strait rounds in the 80’s). One aspect I’ve enjoyed lately is the V sole. It’s super easy to go after the ball when you know you’re going to get one push back in the turf. It’s been especially good for chipping with the PW. What a great weapon this club has become for me around the green. Anyway, ZX5’s, best irons I’ve ever played.
V sole gives you great confidence from any lie!

For a variety of reasons, but mostly because of reviews, I haven't touched these irons in almost two months. I needed to do a little comparison work and brought them out of the basement.

MY GOD. I love how the ZX4 feel and look. So powerful at impact. Compact (in their class) and they just set up perfectly behind the ball. I was all geared up to make a switch for 24, but I don't know man.

For a variety of reasons, but mostly because of reviews, I haven't touched these irons in almost two months. I needed to do a little comparison work and brought them out of the basement.

MY GOD. I love how the ZX4 feel and look. So powerful at impact. Compact (in their class) and they just set up perfectly behind the ball. I was all geared up to make a switch for 24, but I don't know man.
Could not agree more. Framing of the ball, look overall and feel, they are incredible

Could not agree more. Framing of the ball, look overall and feel, they are incredible
Paired with the 950GH too. Just fantastic for steel. Now, I need to get that 7 iron fixed.

It’s shocking how high they launch for the look at address. :LOL:

It’s shocking how high they launch for the look at address. :LOL:
Yea, I'm seeing about a degree more launch to a couple comparable irons, but neither are as compact at address. I remember there was time I was worried these would be too large 😅

This series is so good. ZX5 unbelievable, ZX4 unbelievable. I absolutely smoked my ZX4 6 iron twice today and dropped a couple darts with the 5’s.

Yea, I'm seeing about a degree more launch to a couple comparable irons, but neither are as compact at address. I remember there was time I was worried these would be too large 😅
They look small at address to me. I might have been at PGASS this weekend and set them down next to the zx5. I didn’t think there was a difference to me. They are just amazing irons.

They look small at address to me. I might have been at PGASS this weekend and set them down next to the zx5. I didn’t think there was a difference to me. They are just amazing irons.
They really do. A pleasant surprise when I finally saw them in person. 2023 was a lot of fun. Let's go back to Briggs :cool:

They really do. A pleasant surprise when I finally saw them in person. 2023 was a lot of fun. Let's go back to Briggs :cool:
I Didnt Do It Small Business GIF by Aurora Consulting - SBA EIDL Experts

I have had my T100s in the simulator a bit with the ZX5 MKII and I think I am going to sell the T100s. I get good results with both sets of irons but just find the ZX5s more comforting. The ZX5s definitely have a spot in my bag for next year.

Just to give an idea how good the Zx7/5 combo was for me this year, here is Shotscope info from the time I received the irons until the experience in November. This data is compared to a 10 which I am currently at 10.3.
IMG_0604.png
If I compare to a 5 I’m only -0.6 on approach. These Srixon irons are just absolutely incredible

Oops, I lied. In that date range I am still positive strokes gained to a 5.
IMG_0605.png

I developed a 2 way miss with the driver in August that just killed me off the tee box, but I was able to just hit some ridiculous recovery shots with these irons. So workable it’s not even funny.

Wold love to try ZX4s with my fav Recoil Graphites but the 1st Gen 5s with Modus 105s are so forgiving even with Back troubles. Not sure how much worse my scores would have been without them.

I have had my T100s in the simulator a bit with the ZX5 MKII and I think I am going to sell the T100s. I get good results with both sets of irons but just find the ZX5s more comforting. The ZX5s definitely have a spot in my bag for next year.
You’ll love the V Sole. It has opened up a lot of shot making for me with no fear of digging.

I was looking around for other irons this last week. Nothing really appeals to me like the MK II ZX5's that I have. I may try the ZX4's next go around.

I was looking around for other irons this last week. Nothing really appeals to me like the MK II ZX5's that I have. I may try the ZX4's next go around.
I think the biggest compliment to these irons are the fact that around the holidays I would be scrolling IG and see "win a new set of irons." I would just keep scrolling and think "I'm good."

I’ve had them both and settled on the ZX4‘s. My only regret is I miss the feel of the ZX5’s.

I think the biggest compliment to these irons are the fact that around the holidays I would be scrolling IG and see "win a new set of irons." I would just keep scrolling and think "I'm good."
Well said. I love mine. I decided to buy a blow torch and some epoxy to try and start building some clubs and switching shafts. If it goes well, I think I might update my paint fill and get some custom ferrules. I think my ZX4's will be in the bag for awhile, so i want them to look good.

As I look outside to the first snow fall of the year I think of the 2 or 3 times I got out to play in December. Temps in low 40s and fairways part frozen and parts mushy. But with either ground condition the V SOLE of my ZX 4’s handled each with no problem. They really handle any ground conditions!

Back