I have the ZX5 AW (50), then 56 and 60 above that. It really depends on how you use the clubs. Were I to swap to a ZX4 AW, I'd likely go 54-60 (am pondering that). But I'm fine with partial swings on the AW, and typically would rather hit a partial AW than a full SW. But that's my issue of over swinging a full SW shot.

When you do your fitting, bring your 50 and 56 and hit those to see gapping - though if you're on mats you may have to take it with a grain of salt depending on your swing.
This is how I set up my bag with zx4. It has worked well. But I also don’t full swing my wedges. My AW was previously a full swing club. Agree it’s totally dependent on what you do with the club in each spot.

Just got back from the fitting, spent over 2 hours going over different shafts and heads. Tried out both the ZX4 and the ZX5 but ended up pulling the trigger on a set of ZX4s for that extra touch of forgiveness.

Order sheet:
ZX4 6-AW
N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X-Stiff 112g shafts
+1 degree up, +1" length
Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Oversize grip, logo down

Also ordered a CBX4 56 wedge in the same specs as the irons.

Can't wait for them to arrive!

Just got back from the fitting, spent over 2 hours going over different shafts and heads. Tried out both the ZX4 and the ZX5 but ended up pulling the trigger on a set of ZX4s for that extra touch of forgiveness.

Order sheet:
ZX4 6-AW
N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X-Stiff 112g shafts
+1 degree up, +1" length
Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Oversize grip, logo down

Also ordered a CBX4 56 wedge in the same specs as the irons.

Can't wait for them to arrive!
Good luck on your new irons they're really great irons.

Quick question when you were demoing the ZX 5 and ZX 4 did you notice the hollowness on the ZX 4.

To me it didn't have the hollowness feel like on a Halo hybrid iron which I hated but I thought I did detect some of that dull hallow feel on the ZX 4.

Sometimes I have to see the ball in the air to realize I hit it because of the soft sorta dull feeling. Maybe a higher compression ball is order.

Anyway appreciate your thoughts.

Still my favorite iron set I’ve ever played. Gotten out several times the last couple weeks in windy weather. Been able to flight them down pretty good without getting too far left from over that time period. The ZX5 PW is also a really good short game club. I can do a lot of things with it from various ranges and if I have any room to release it is my go to club due to my comfort with it in hand and knowledge I am not going to dig with the V sole.

Quick question when you were demoing the ZX 5 and ZX 4 did you notice the hollowness on the ZX 4.

To me it didn't have the hollowness feel like on a Halo hybrid iron which I hated but I thought I did detect some of that dull hallow feel on the ZX 4.

Sometimes I have to see the ball in the air to realize I hit it because of the soft sorta dull feeling. Maybe a higher compression ball is order.

I don't notice my ZX4 4i being hollow, and I did play the halo irons. It has a very solid feel for me. Maybe it's the forged face, but I don't notice a huge drop-off from the other iron models.

New convert with Srixon. Golf Shop Attendant at my Course plays with me sometimes. He's only ever played Mizuno. One day it was Cart Path only and he had wrong Club at Ball, and since I was walking told him he could play my Club. Hits it solid and then looks at Club and says nice. He is now proud owner of 2nd Gen ZX5s.

Can't say I noticed any feeling of hollowness when hitting the ZX4s. I was able to certainly feel a difference between flushed shots and off center strikes, both in feel and sound. When I hit a good one, it sounded and felt great.

The ZX5 also felt great, was overall just slightly better feeling on the good hits. Its the off center strikes with the ZX5 when it was more noticeable compared to the ZX4. Not to say the ZX5 was bad by any means, just more noticeable.

I think I would have still been very happy had I gone the route of the ZX5s. However, at my current skill level, it was really hard to shy away from the extra forgiveness of the 4s.

Does anyone have the new Black Chrome Srixon irons? They look so good. Wondering......

I played the previous Halo irons briefly, currently have a mix of ZX5 and ZX4. The 4 is a totally different ballgame than the Halo, and in fact, I think the ZX4 feels better than the ZX5 when you're outside the sweetspot. Flushed, both feel great, including for green side chips.

Yikes. That is a ton of weight in the head

My irons arrived yesterday. I took them to our simulator today and was quite surprised. I knew swing weight was important, but I didn't realize how important. I went from E3 to D2. My old 7-iron carried around 135ish, I hit the Srixon 6-iron (same loft as my old 7-iron) over 150 yards a few times. They felt so light. I then hit my old 7-iron and it was like swinging a sledge hammer.

Being able to get the SW down was a major reason I went with Srixon. I knew it would make a difference, but didn't realize how much of one. I had contacted other OEM's but none could reduce the SW to what would be considered normal.

My irons arrived yesterday. I took them to our simulator today and was quite surprised. I knew swing weight was important, but I didn't realize how important. I went from E3 to D2. My old 7-iron carried around 135ish, I hit the Srixon 6-iron (same loft as my old 7-iron) over 150 yards a few times. They felt so light. I then hit my old 7-iron and it was like swinging a sledge hammer.

Being able to get the SW down was a major reason I went with Srixon. I knew it would make a difference, but didn't realize how much of one. I had contacted other OEM's but none could reduce the SW to what would be considered normal.
Very happy to hear you're in something more suited for you. Doesn't hurt that they are just great irons to begin with. Hope you have a great time with them for a long time.

Odd, I always thought newer Clubs have stronger lofts than old. I have no real background since I've only been fitted once in 2021 when i got 1st Gen ZX5s. I've had my Ping Zings since new back when they 1st came out.

I had a ZX4 5i paired with ZX5 6i-9i and I didn’t notice a hollow feeling in the ZX4. Maybe I am not that sensitive but I didn’t notice a big difference in feel particularly when you were making just one swing with a club on the course.

E3 are sledge hammers. I would be exhausted trying to hit those. Good luck with the new Srixons I have been very happy with them.

I don't notice my ZX4 4i being hollow, and I did play the halo irons. It has a very solid feel for me. Maybe it's the forged face, but I don't notice a huge drop-off from the other iron models.
Do you have graphite shafts? I think maybe between the hollow design, forged face, switching from steel to graphite shafts, and a low-compression Srixon Soft Feel I do detect a slightly dull and muted feeling. The R flex may be too soft and getting accustomed to 65g graphite after 100g steel is a big adjustment. The irons are by no means bad they perform fantastic but without being attacked I thought the Stealths had a nicer feel off the face.

I'm a club ho so with Callaway's 50% trade-in bonus I'm going to swing the Smoke HL irons tomorrow and see how they feel and perform. Thanks for all the thoughts.

Do you have graphite shafts? I think maybe between the hollow design, forged face, switching from steel to graphite shafts, and a low-compression Srixon Soft Feel I do detect a slightly dull and muted feeling. The R flex may be too soft and getting accustomed to 65g graphite after 100g steel is a big adjustment. The irons are by no means bad they perform fantastic but without being attacked I thought the Stealths had a nicer feel off the face.

I'm a club ho so with Callaway's 50% trade-in bonus I'm going to swing the Smoke HL irons tomorrow and see how they feel and perform. Thanks for all the thoughts.
I do have graphite, it's MMT shafts I was fit into, and actually, they were a bit heavier than what I was playing before. But the 4 has a bit lighter than the rest of the set.

I do have graphite, it's MMT shafts I was fit into, and actually, they were a bit heavier than what I was playing before. But the 4 has a bit lighter than the rest of the set.
I played a higher compression ball today and the feel was much better. I got that satisfying feeling back after flushing a few. Think I'll stick with the ZX 4 as I didn't like the visuals of the Smoke irons in person.

Speaking of 4 I may entertain getting the 4 iron as I dislike hybrids.(y)

I am not sure I could move an E8 swingweight these days. Are the shafts extra long?
Yes, +2-inches.

On a side note. and it's still early days, but I am hitting these irons straighter. I am guessing it has to do with less offset.

I played a higher compression ball today and the feel was much better. I got that satisfying feeling back after flushing a few. Think I'll stick with the ZX 4 as I didn't like the visuals of the Smoke irons in person.

Speaking of 4 I may entertain getting the 4 iron as I dislike hybrids.(y)
I was just going to pop in and say it was the ball, but it seems you figured that out 😅

Well after resting my sore knee for two months with no golf at all, I headed to the practice area this evening. After a bunch of chipping practice, I decided to try a few easy 8-irons with the new ZX5mkII Recoil 95 f3 setup.

First four swings were ridiculous, about 4 inches fat. But after that I hit several VERY nice shots with a nice easy swing. The Recoil feels so good in this head at impact!

I’m hoping that tonight’s short session didn’t set the knee back any. We will see over the next couple of days. But I’m cautiously optimistic about being able to play my first match in Men’s League Wednesday night!

Still my favorite iron set I’ve ever played. Gotten out several times the last couple weeks in windy weather. Been able to flight them down pretty good without getting too far left from over that time period. The ZX5 PW is also a really good short game club. I can do a lot of things with it from various ranges and if I have any room to release it is my go to club due to my comfort with it in hand and knowledge I am not going to dig with the V sole.
No little “jumpers” that surprise coming off the face with chips?

Back