Srixon ZX4 Irons??

Landy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hello - Has anyone heard of a new set of irons from Srixon, labeled the ZX4's?
They are a spinoff of the Cleveland UHX Irons.
Thanks for your input and stay safe.

i've only heard about zx5 and zx7. zx4 sounds intriguing.

If this is true, it’s only natural that they would do this AFTER I bought a new set of irons...oh well, guess a 3rd set is on the horizon.

I couldn’t find anything about them. Do you have a source?

They are a thing, and I think for many will be a good option to slot into long iron spots, especially if you are seeking a bit more forgiveness in those spots. I’m sure more will come out soon about them, and I’m sure there will be a ton of great coverage on THP when the time is right.

Yes, I have heard and seen them.

Hello - I read it on another forum. Very interested. Any info is appreciated. Thank you and stay safe

Hello - Anyone have updates on these irons? Thank you and stay safe.

Nothing? No one has any insight?

Hello - I read it on another forum. Very interested. Any info is appreciated. Thank you and stay safe
That can't be true.

I'd be shocked if they were called the 4's. Only because of how Srixon has used #'s to classify their clubs. For instance, they used to have the 355(3 series), 565(5 series). and 765(7 series), and 965(9 series). It was set up like this...

Series 3: Super Game Improvement
Series 5: Game Improvement
Series 7: Players cavity
Series 9: Blades/Tour player

It was done like that for a reason. Now I'm not saying that they can't change their philosophy on naming, but traditionally those Japanese brands are pretty slow to make that kind of shift. Either way. I'd be super curious to see what Srixon can push in that kind of clubhead.

I'd be shocked if they were called the 4's. Only because of how Srixon has used #'s to classify their clubs. For instance, they used to have the 355(3 series), 565(5 series). and 765(7 series), and 965(9 series). It was set up like this...

Series 3: Super Game Improvement
Series 5: Game Improvement
Series 7: Players cavity
Series 9: Blades/Tour player

It was done like that for a reason. Now I'm not saying that they can't change their philosophy on naming, but traditionally those Japanese brands are pretty slow to make that kind of shift. Either way. I'd be super curious to see what Srixon can push in that kind of clubhead.
Has Srixon update the 3 Series recently? Say in the last 3 years?

No. It was so similar to the 5 series, minus being cast, that it was rolled into the Cleveland line in the CBX, which is such an underrated iron line.

they might have overseas I am not really sure. The 3 series kind of morphed into the Cleveland CBX irons stateside. Cleveland kind of took that target golfer demographic. Which then got replaced by the UHX which is just a different build type. Now if Srixon comes out with something like he UHX, which were impressive, that would be kind of badass.

No. It was so similar to the 5 series, minus being cast, that it was rolled into the Cleveland line in the CBX, which is such an underrated iron line.
I played the 355s for about four years, and @JB is right, they were very close in every way to the 5 series, except they weren't forged, and they were less expensive. For a cast GI iron set from 2015 they were pretty compact, offset wasn't too extreme, and a much narrower top line than pretty much any other cast GI set of that era. It would be really cool for Srixon to bring something like the 355s back, but like others have said, they pretty much delegated that part of the line to Cleveland.

Hello - Any new updates or info on these?

There was a twitter post hinting as some Srixon announcements next Monday.

Both the 355 and the CBX were great, if extremely underrated, irons.

There was a twitter post hinting as some Srixon announcements next Monday.
That was today and was the new metal woods we have featured on our home page.

Is this a pipe dream or a real possibility. I see people who have seen them but it is odd that Srixon hasn’t made a peep about them. I just want a 5 iron so it’s not imperative that I have it. The launcher 5i is spot on for now.

Ok so hereeeeeeeee we go around and around. Oh boy..

Oh I just noticed golfwrx... this is THP! 😕

See I knew I was onto something with that NEO shaft though.

We should be able to see more information about this line of the ZX irons released pretty soon. I didn’t order a 5i in the ZX 5 because I want this beefy SOB in that spot. Currently have a Cleveland Launcher there, but she is quite ugly. I want a looker to match the rest of my set.

Back