Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

Im going to remain strong here and keep myself from have a set built........

well, I may be making a huge mistake, but I bought a set of PXG 0311T irons with MMT 80S to put up against these. I have absolutely no reason for doing this except that I like shiny and new stuff. The PXG will have to perform REALLY well to take the spot in the bag but I've always wanted to try a set and got them at a good enough price that I won't lose much if I decide to sell. I've read a ton of stories of people going from one to the other and for various reasons, but I'm interested to give them a shot.

These clubs are so good for me. ZX 7s. I played 9 approach shots with them and no joke 9 GIRs. Also no joke, 8 2-putts, one 3 putt and no birdies...but I'll work on putting practice later.

These have given me so much confidence it's like a vicious cycle that keeps making me attack pins.

About this point, just had to take a photo during my pre-work round this am.
49230c1db65cce85235cadce86df1414.jpg
Look at that, they're not camera shy.

Look at that, they're not camera shy.
The reason I took that photo was my bag got knocked sideways while driving, in fact, the bottom of the back was sticking off the cart. But the way the top of the bag splayed out so perfectly and displayed all my clubs it felt like it was meant to be.

For me. It’s 1a/1b the ZX7 and 765….then the 785 after those
Guess maybe I need to keep loving the 765s... They are a dream...

Guess maybe I need to keep loving the 765s... They are a dream...
Nothing wrong at all with the 765's but I would go hit the ZX7's to compare. Only way to really know for sure and they should have that shaft in a fitting cart to hit so would be a very fair comparison.

Nothing wrong at all with the 765's but I would go hit the ZX7's to compare. Only way to really know for sure and they should have that shaft in a fitting cart to hit so would be a very fair comparison.
I gotta figure out this swing... Feel like 7 leaves distance on the table, not finding the sweetspot But I hit them accurately at greens. TbH - played irons before i-701s before then jumped on 765 off the bay

Was fiddling around with my father's ZX5's that have the exact same shafts in them just a hair more upright and 1/5" longer. I still really love how these things look, like wow, they look fantastic for a more forgiving iron. The head size is a hair too large for me, but I still think the ZX7s were the club I would have chosen purely off of aesthetics but the P770s and Apex Pros were just a bit more consistent.

Pretty good day with the ZX7's, 9GIR. They handle the dormant zoysia pretty well. Should get out tomorrow again with them and will likely be the last round with them as new irons are supposed to be in Friday.

Pretty good day with the ZX7's, 9GIR. They handle the dormant zoysia pretty well. Should get out tomorrow again with them and will likely be the last round with them as new irons are supposed to be in Friday.
Sometimes I think you guys change clubs like I change my underwear... Okay I change my underwear little more often. So what clubs are you picking up next?

Sometimes I think you guys change clubs like I change my underwear... Okay I change my underwear little more often. So what clubs are you picking up next?
Have to stay tuned for that announcement.

Good last round with the ZX7's. 9 GIR and almost holed out from 130 on a par 4.
I think these have been one of my favorite set of irons I have played. They are a pretty complete package for forgiveness, awesome looks, playability for flighting the ball or needing to hit draws or fades.
Being a bit weaker/more standard lofted I lost some distance with them but was able to adjust and play good golf with them.

Srixon did it right when this set was made and is a complete club.
Good-bye my friends.

Strange storyline. I just divorce my wife, ask why oh, she was too good for me.

Strange storyline. I just divorce my wife, ask why oh, she was too good for me.
Sometimes you have to know when to move on and ask for "forgiveness".
Having played them for a full year, I know it is time to move on and recapture some distance, I'm not getting any younger. Who knows, maybe when the next iteration comes around I may try those.

Well, I spent some money last night. I hope they arrive before January as that will be the next time I can play. Ordered a 4-PW set. Still undecided about a 3 iron or something similar.

Back