Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

Just wait for the new z forged.
Right? I'm known for my patience. Lol

They said not this year, but what will that ultimately mean? Sept., but not for Americans until Jan.?

Right? I'm known for my patience. Lol

They said not this year, but what will that ultimately mean? Sept., but not for Americans until Jan.?

Yeah, something like that.. haha.

So that was the one green you missed yesterday? My cookies would be burned too. I was going to chirp at you seemed like there was room for improvement 😜. Seemed excessively chirpy though... 17 GIR is stout.

Soooo.... sounds like Z Forged need to come out and play 😈
Hahaha Actually, no. That wedge was a par 5 approach over the water on 18. Blew the GIR on 17 after driving to a bad spot in the left rough. That wedge killed a streak of 3 straight eagles on that hole though, from 144y on approach. :mad:. THAT burns my cookies.

How does the spin on these compare to the spin on the 785s? I found a good deal on a new set with the same shaft I was fit for in the ZX5s which was the s400. Just worried about spin because as of late my ball has been taking a big hop on the green and rolling off. The ground has been very dry though

well, a bad news, good news, bad news kinda day. First round since working with the new swing coach, looking forward to it since last week's scratch due to weather. Went off the back nine as there was some group event happening on the front. Wind was up which is the usual afternoon state of affairs. Last round my driver was money. Today that money apparently was apparently spent on hookers and blow. So that was the first bad news. Good news is the irons were not costing me strokes. Not all perfect strikes but they went in the direction I was pointing and mostly it was a case of not really being sorted with distances and wind. Bogeyed the first three holes but considering the drives, that didn't really bug me. Next hole is a par 3, hit a 7i a little thin but it went dead straight and bounced up to 3' away. Sank that for birdie. Next hole was a par 5, I tried for a little extra with the driver and felt that all too familiar pop in the lower back. Sigh. Finished that hole with a par, could swing the shorter clubs but I could tell I needed ice and ibuprofen, not more swings. Skipped to the next par 3 and I hit a 7i to about 10' away, 2-putted for par. Last hole I hit 3W off the tee but just picked up the ball and headed home.

So 2 over for 6 holes is a *huge* step up from where I was a month ago. Have the ice pack on the back, headed to the medicine chest, and looks like putting and light chipping for the next few days. Doing my pool laps tomorrow morning should help.

One step forward, two steps back. I can't blame the clubs, finally felt comfortable standing over the iron shots. Haven't felt that in a couple of years. Progress...at least I'm semi-upright with a pulse. I have a low bar for success.

Last edited:
*Voice in my head (ZX7?) -- Might rain... They're already in that bag... Be a lot of work to swap everything out... Don't think they've been out on that course... That could be fun... Should be sloppy in spots... V Soles... Probably won't get a chance to play them again until next week sometime... Worked real well with those balls last time.. fluke?... Better try it again to make sure...

:unsure:

DUDE, you shot a -7 on a 75 rated course, you're not swapping them. Just go to bed.

:LOL:

ZX7 tomorrow it is!!!

20210528_140615.jpg

Just sitting there all retail style... Who needs one?! :p

There's a MF'ing A wedge in the mail now!! 🔥

That made my week being able to hook up a good THP'er. Especially with a sweet Srixon!

There's a MF'ing A wedge in the mail now!! 🔥

That made my week being able to hook up a good THP'er. Especially with a sweet Srixon!

@OldandStiff you made my week, You are the man. I had been pondering the AW, but you made it too easy. What an awesome day. I absolutely can't wait to get this out for a loop. :love: #mfAW

Got a blended set 5- 7 Zx5 8-pw Zx7, fitted for DG R300. I struggled at first, and surprisingly i hit the Zx7's better than the 5's. I dont think you can underestimate the forgiveness that the 7's offer. A month later, and i am hitting irons shots that i remember from 15 years ago. From what others are saying. i feel sorry for you guys who are waiting to buy or try these irons. All i can say is i love these irons, and at the very least should be on your list of clubs to try. Srixon created something a bit special here.

Oh yeah, I wanted to leave this teaser from today for @GraniteRoost @nostatic @Puttmaster and any other would be Srixy A wanters. We all know they cut through the turf, but see how it can glide on top the muck too. :p

Interested to hear your thoughts on using a ZX7 AW with a Modus 120 S shaft while the rest of my combo set is kitted with PX LZ shafts.

Oh yeah, I wanted to leave this teaser from today for @GraniteRoost @nostatic @Puttmaster and any other would be Srixy A wanters. We all know they cut through the turf, but see how it can glide on top the muck too. :p

Sweet strike. I'm stoked, and still kind of blown away that you found one of those sitting on a rack. Doesn't seem like the kind of thing most would stock. The UPS truck drove by a couple minutes ago and I started involuntarily twitching. :D

I’ll be getting my ZX7’s on course tomorrow again. It’s been a week and I need to play

I anticipate this paring well with Fourteen 56S (just ordered) and 60H (already here). Forged goodness…

Don't look old or stiff in the video. Might have to grab an A wedge with a different shaft than the rest of my set.

Don't look old or stiff in the video. Might have to grab an A wedge with a different shaft than the rest of my set.
I got to hear myself described by a 21 yr old last night as '.. but like a fit middle aged.', so opinions vary. :LOL:

Why with a different shaft?

After a few rounds now with ZX7 irons, I can’t imagine what else I would want. Feel, playability, and good forgiveness. The turf interaction is delightful. Ethan at Srixon also fit me well. Shaft and specs are spot on for me. I plan to keep playing these for a couple of years. Irons box checked.

Back