Stable of Putters

Scooby45

Use data, get better.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
10ish
For those of you with a putter stable, how do you decide what goes in it? Do you try to keep all similar styles, i.e. blades with around 45 deg toe hang? Mix and match to allow you to have different feels? Simply whatever you get excited about? I'd be curious to thoughts, especially with those flatsticks you may game, not necessarily collector type putters.

Asking for a friend....:sneaky:

I try to have different styles so that if my stroke changes at all or I feel like I stopped being able to see the line with a certain type, that i can make that switch if needed.

...it's also more easily justifiable to a spouse that way. :LOL:

I have different styles but all have some toe hang

Mine is minimal compared to some around here, but I've gravitated towards a singular style. Different weights, grips to play around with but mostly things I think look good and/or curious about.

View attachment 9012581
I do the same now finally. ive settled on a particular head shape and go from there. Each putter is different in some way whether its weight, grip, or different hotels

I’ve narrowed mine down to those i still use/like and those I’ll give to my kids or grand kids. The rest are sold or available.

I've had about 4 putters with a compact mallet shape. At the moment, I go between a Swag and Seemore, and when I lighten the weight on the Edel E-1, I will try it out.

I think I have 6 or 7. how many do you have @DufferToo ?

I have a few different styles. Two mallets and a bunch of larger blades. I gravitate towards face balanced, but my oldest putter in the stable is a center shafted blade with some toe hang.

All about beauty.

Odyssey.

It’s all about the swirls. If it looks good, it gets added.

Face balanced, mallet, good sight line that I can focus on a couple of inches behind the face.
Those are the only 3 attributes I need

Double bend face balanced. One blade, one mallet and I only rotate when I feel I need a bit more forgiveness if the putting is off.

I have 2, #1 Blade Ping 1A and #2 a Seemore mallet Si5.
Who needs more??

Only one horse in this stable ,🐴 two ball putter , had the original and changed to the black version Oworks , as it doesn’t have issues with sun glare and contract is better too.

I currently have four putters in my stable:

- 2019 Tommy Armour Impact No. 3
- TM Hydroblast Spider X
- Odyssey 2-Ball Ten WH OG
- Cobra Supernova

The Tommy Armour was my first non-blade putter and works great in a pinch, the Spider X was my gamer until very recently, the 2-Ball Ten got me because it’s a limited edition (and works well), and the Supernova is my current gamer - such a good flatstick.

Basically whatever I can putt well with that I enjoy using goes in…but my golf budget is pretty much toast now so my stable should be complete.

Just got fit and suggestion was a mallet w/ 30-40* toe hang.
I have about 8-10 blades and Anser style with 45* .
need to liquidate a few of them, but there are a few I’ll never let go.

I have a lot of putters in my office but I generally seem to have a gamer that I come back to so even though I have 6-8 putters I pretty much always have the same putter in my bag.

I have a pretty wide variety. Blades, mallets, toe hang, face balanced. I'm willing to try anything.

Back