Stable yet comfortable shoe suggestions

Carolina Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm looking for a golf shoe that's stable and comfortable. I have an arthritic big toe and need a less flexible shoe, maybe in the 90-150 price range?

I just bought a pair of Ecco Biom Hybrid 3 on sale. They are very stable and comfortable.

I have the same issue. Even had surgery to remove some spurs and to try and get some flexibility back. Shoes I wore last year that were great for it were FJ Tour Alpha and Nike infinity tour next %. I walk most of my rounds and my left foot has good days and bad. Both of those ended up being good options for me. Sizing is definitely important on both.

I can't say if it's going to work for you, but I think the AlphaCats are a great combo of stability and comfort.

Nike Infinity, FJ ProSL, and ASICS are my top choices for comfort and stability. Soft spiked versions tend to lean towards more stability. Spikeless towards comfort, especially if walking.

Some of it will come down to what brand fits you best. For me right now it is FootJoy. Really like the Fuels.

Just got a pair of ASICS Gel Kayano Ace 2. Very comfortable and stable. And a bit wider toe box than my Alphacats.

I’ll second the Eccos and FJ Traditions in wide. I have a 10 year old pair of Eccos with the yak leather and they are still going strong. Just use a little Kiwi on em couple times a year. They are seriously comfortable.

IMG_3770.jpeg

Ecco Biom are some of the best, but can unless you find them on sale they would be at the top end of your price range. I have been really happy with the PAYNTR line up and the Puma Alphacats.

I would try the Tavis Matthew Cuater Ringers. Very comfortable stable shoes with awesome grip. I also like a wider toe box and these are great. Also waterproof.

Y’all may scoff but. Nike Jordan 1s..

Y’all may scoff but. Nike Jordan 1s..
I tried a pair of those, and they bothered my toe which was a bummer. Air Max 90 was better for me.

I need a more stable shoe and walk most of my rounds. I have Ecco Biom C4s that are awesome. The Adidas Tour 360s also work well for me. Both of these shoes may be outside your price window though. The fit of the shoe is very important and I am willing to pay a bit more for something that fits me well.

I tried a pair of those, and they bothered my toe which was a bummer. Air Max 90 was better for me.
Dang that sucks.. How did it bother your toe? They are among the more wide toe box shoes out there.

I'm always looking for comfortable shoes with as much stability as I can get to help alleviate pain in my ankle. My Asics Gel Course Ace shoes are super comfortable and pretty stable. I also have a pair of Puma Alphacat Nitros that have become my go-to shoe. Not quite as soft in the sole as the Asics, but the bottom is pretty rigid and it makes them super stable. If you have a chance to try some on, I'd definitely recommend giving the Alphacat Nitros a shot.

Dang that sucks.. How did it bother your toe? They are among the more wide toe box shoes out there.
it's more when walking and how the shoe bends.

it's more when walking and how the shoe bends.
dang.. They have become my fav golf shoe. I love how flat they are.

dang.. They have become my fav golf shoe. I love how flat they are.
I can wear them as a regular shoe if I throw a carbon fiber footplate in there. I just hate golfing with that thing.

ASICS Gel Kayano Ace 2 should be at the top of your list. Very good stability but also really good cushioning. Everyone is different so it's best to try them on. The OG is discounted now.

Not Footjoy Premier. They look good but I'm gonna hurt for a few days

Back