Stock PW vs. Aftermarket PW

That's the advantage of having the stock set aw and pw, it was more forgiving for me, but for some reason I was able to hit the xft so well the burner aw stayed in the corner

Autocorrecting and chutting with tapatalk

I use the stock PW as I use it like a 10 iron, instead I have 52 & 56 & 60 as aftermarket wedges.

I use the stock PW as I use it like a 10 iron, instead I have 52 & 56 & 60 as aftermarket wedges.

Me too, I like the 10 iron approach, if I swing it as confidently as my irons I get
Some Great results, for some reason when I see a wedge I get nervous lol

Autocorrecting and chutting with tapatalk

i prefer the stock pw because i feel its designed to fit better with my regular irons... then i just get my lob wedge which i prefer in a 58 instead of 60 ... then just get a sw bent to make a clean transition... i think if u get a custom pw then you u better know exactly what loft lie ... may b a good decision if your a tour pro but for the average golfer and even junior pros keeping the stock clubs fitted is the way to go

I would always play the stock gap wedge. Easier to hit full shots with and you don't typically get crafty with a 50* anyway.

the stock gap wedge is not a bad decision if u like the feel of your full set

I looked and didn't see another thread talking about this. Do most of you just stick with the PW that comes with your set or do many of you buy a 48 degree wedge like the Titleist or Cleveland? I have never actually bought a 48 degree wedge and just use the ones that come with my irons like my MP68's, but what do you fellow hackers think about this situation? What do you do?

I have yet to purchase a wedge below 50 degrees.. I've certainly pondered it, but have not pulled the trigger.

In fact, playing the Adams CMBs for a while, I might be inclined to go the other way and play the GW rather than my standard wedge.

8123364991_fcdb8933bf.jpg

Last edited:
my mizuno mp30 pw is 47 my 9 in 43. cant believe some are calling a 44 a pw. i also use vokeys have a 52 56 and 60. i wonder what a vokey 48 would be like i may try and hit one sometime soon i bet it would put to much spin on a full shot tho like someone else said earlier.

I have the stock R11 PW and AW. I did have a Scor 50* for a little instead of the R11 AW but sold the Scor and went back to the R11 AW. I take a lot of full swings with my AW and felt more comfortable as it being a continuation of my set than a wedge.

satchmo that picture was priceless

I've always used the stock PW. I'm a big fan of my i20 PW--I like using it around the green for bump and run situations and it's great with a full swing and when I need to throttle it down as well.

is there anyone on here who has the custom pw bc i feel like between the extra money of adding the club and the more forgiving feel that unless u prefer to make ur specialty shts (flops etc) that the stock clubs may b better club

I am really thinking about going the stock AW route and getting the 56 XFT since they are so cheap right now. Then on the other hand I want to stick with the 588 gap

I use the PW from my iron set. Also got a GW with the set but stopped using it when I got my 50* Cleveland. I like the Cleveland better. I rarely take full shots with my wedges.

I have the stock Redline PW (44*) and GW (49*). Keeps my gaps consistent and I'm just used to them now.

PW is a 46.5* IIRC, and it's a full shot sort of club. I play GI clubs, and I've tried the SW / AW from the set, but could never get used to them. I just bladed the ball over and over, a combination of bad technique and the things just looking huge to me. I'm not perfect with "standard" wedges, but it's a lot better, particularly on shorter chips.

I like using the aftermarket wedge much more but only if it blends well with my irons. Usually does though.

PW in my CG7 Tours is 47*, therefore my wedge set up is 52* & 58*. I often wondered how someone on the range was hitting a PW 140-150 yards with not a very good swing and never had lesson, to my 120 yard with decent practice, lessons and a good swing...it's all in the loft!

I debated getting a 46/48 Vokey to replace my PW, but decided against it as I like laying up to 120 yards so I can use the PW as its a shot I can hit consistently and accurately...if I had a different PW then my confidence might disappear with that same yardage. Don't fix something that isn't broke! ;-)

Back