Taco Poll #3 - Toppings

What do you put on your taco?

• Traditional - Onions/Cilantro/squeeze of lime

Votes: 44 64.7%
  • Salad Bar - Lettuce/tomatoes/cabbage

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • Yellow Cheese (Mexican blend that has no Mexican cheese in it)

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • Mexican Cheese

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • Salsa/peppers (pickled or not)/pickled onions

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • Avocado/Guac

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • Sour Cream

Votes: 32 47.1%
  • Other non-sense

Votes: 9 13.2%

• Total voters
Street taco is my favorite, with cilantro, onion, lime, and maybe a little hot sauce/salsa. If it's a hard shell American taco, then meat, cheese, lettuce, and a little hot sauce/salsa. Also, the lettuce should be on the bottom of the shell. Creates a barrier for the greasy meat to prevent it from making the bottom soggy and falling apart.

Cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, guac, sour cream and hot salsa. 🌮

Hey @echico ,

How do I vote for these in the poll?

1656022215897.png

Do want.

Depends what the meat and its dominant flavour is. I will tailor to that.
I like using pickled items on really fatty meats, or some really boring ones may require something pungent to accompany it.

Onions, cilantro and REALLY HOT salsa.

I like my tacos to

Al Pastor needs only a little avocado hot sauce with a squeeze of lime, and you are good to go! Shout out to Sal y' Limon in Vancouver!

Street tacos-Carne Asada, onions, cilantro, salsa
At home soft tacos-flour tortilla, ground beef, cheddar cheese, taco bell mild packets, tomatoes

It depends on the taco. I love me some Al Pastor with Onion, Cilantro, and Lime plus a little Queso Fresco or Cotija. Other tacos can be cheese, Guac/Avocado, or anything else that is good.
Totally agree here. It depends on the taco!

Reality - I'm usually traditional.

For this thread:

1656065793714.png
it's obvious that pickles or things that are pickled are in this thread. Like I said before, they make everything better!

Love some cheese, pickled onions, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime. Goes good with almost every meat I have ever had. Do not like sour cream. It makes everything just taste like sour cream which kills the flavor mish mash that a perfect taco is.

I love all the tacos. ❤
Me too! I picked all because Ive done them all and will likely check them all again moving forward. It really just depends where I am and what I’m in the mood for.

Traditional, salad bar - thin sliced cabbage only, and Mexican cheese, but not that pre shredded crap from the supermarket, the real stuff.

I like my tacos loaded so in addition to the traditional toppings I like to add a mexican cheese blend and some pickled jalapenos and a spicy salsa.

Back