Tacos: Soft vs Hard

Soft tacos only!

I need to try this now!!
I do this on occasion and put either refried beans or melt cheese to connect the hard to the soft. Fantastic!

My go to is usually a mix of hard and soft tacos when we make them at home. Usually a ratio of 2 hard to 1 soft.

Flour tortillas. Soft. Or those doritos crunchy shells.

I do this on occasion and put either refried beans or melt cheese to connect the hard to the soft. Fantastic!

My go to is usually a mix of hard and soft tacos when we make them at home. Usually a ratio of 2 hard to 1 soft.
Now you are intentionally making me hungry.. ??

Hard shell tacos for me. I like the crunch.

soft tacos are the way to go.,.... double layered corn tortillas ... but its the sauce, not the meat, that makes a taco!

Hard. Hard tacos are the best and I won’t be convinced otherwise lol

With all the new make your own taco I've honestly forgot about hard shells

Soft corn.

Team Soft Flour Tortilla

Soft tacos equals street vendors in Mexico great. That’s my pick.

My favorite, Tacos El Carbon, mixed soft flour and corn tortillas.

Chicken or Beef (shredded or ground) tacos - hard shell (corn), deep fried, with lettuce and cheese. And the hottest red chile sauce I can stand.

Carne asada, lengua, cabeza, tripas, al pastor, fish, etc. - soft shell (corn) with cilantro, onion and pico de gallo. And the hottest red chile sauce I can stand.

IMHO - flour tortillas are for burritos, flautas, quesadillas and chimichangas.

Soft flour for sure. With corn, soft is good for very fresh tortillas; otherwise, lightly frying them in oil will give them a little crunch while still keeping them flexible enough to work with.

We bought fresh corn tortillas every week in Mexico and loved the blue and green ones (blue corn and cactus).

Soft when eating fish Or shrimp tacos, hard for steak or beef tacos.

Hard for traditional ground beef and cheese tacos. Soft for anything else.

Soft. The occasional hard shell is okay but not the go-to. I’ve been known to scoff at hard shell offerings :LOL:

Soft. The occasional hard shell is okay but not the go-to. I’ve been known to scoff at hard shell offerings :LOL:

but they stand up on their own.

Soft shell mainly for me. Every now & then I’ll throw a hard shell in there!

Hard shell for taste but soft shell for less mess.

I fry my own corn tortillas, My kids are hard shell only now. I have a secret recipe that once tried every one is converted.

Soft flour for sure. With corn, soft is good for very fresh tortillas; otherwise, lightly frying them in oil will give them a little crunch while still keeping them flexible enough to work with.

We bought fresh corn tortillas every week in Mexico and loved the blue and green ones (blue corn and cactus).
Around here, taco shells like that are called "flash fried". Just enough to be a little crunchy around the edges, still soft in the middle.

Back