Tales from the pro shop

Awesome thread, amazing what equipment is still out there getting use.

Awesome thread, amazing what equipment is still out there getting use.
It's one of my favorite threads to check in on. @MGoBlue always sees some crazy stuff.

I'm also enjoying this topic. Club repair is a side of golf that I don't get to see. Between the old club curiosities and the wacky damage brought in for repair, every posted sample has been interesting and at times downright humorous. Thanks, and keep it coming.

I think some of the snark aimed at folks that want to use old/outdated clubs comes off as a bit elitist, though.

IMG_4872.jpeg

IMG_4873.jpeg

IMG_4875.jpeg

First time seeing this thread. What fun. I’m tuned in now and will watch for updates. As someone who does some of my own work and work for guys in my association it’s fun to see some of this but I have NEVER had to deal with the stuff in here 😂. Great job @Mgloblue!

Had a friend toss his club back toward the cart after a bad tee shot on a par 3. The leading edge caught in the grass and flipped the club up, where it hit the plastic arm rest on the cart and shattered the graphite shaft. Stuff like that is why I don’t throw/slam clubs, it gets expensive and inconvenient.
Back about 30 years ago was the last time I threw a club in anger. Helicoptered my driver off the tee box after a bad drive. First graphite shaft I ever owned, snapped the head off at landing. Haven't thrown one since.

Saw this on the putting green today, the guy made it himself with a 3-D printer, steel plate on the sole. It is next to my TSR3 driver for scale. IMG_1716.jpeg

Love this thread and the oddities that show up, but also, I like that some want to keep playing what they know (I guess).

You're not really asking. You can't be. Did you let the owner know?
Oh he made a comment to me that he thought it could be fake “but for $60 I don’t care”. Whatever.

Saw this on the putting green today, the guy made it himself with a 3-D printer, steel plate on the sole. It is next to my TSR3 driver for scale. View attachment 9241414
Forgot to mention, it had the old Tear Drop style face as well.

Today we sold a set of used PXG 0211 irons in pretty nice shape, 5-GW with Dart 75 F4 for $329. 😲

I got a set of those and that right there is why I still have them. If I'm only getting 3 or 4 bills I'd just as soon keep them. Meanwhile a nice set of rust-free 99 Hogan Apex blades goes for twice that.

It’s been a while posting here, since I just got back to work after 6 weeks of knee rest and recovery.

From the “what the heck is a towel - or brush?” department…..

IMG_5016.jpegIMG_5015.jpegIMG_5014.jpeg

Before you ask, these are three different clubs. BTW this was part of a full set regrip job. Woods with Tour Wraps. Irons with CP2 Wraps. Wedges with Tour Velvets. 🤔

Did you clean them? Or just say screw, here's the new grips, clean your clubs you filthy animal.

Did you clean them? Or just say screw, here's the new grips, clean your clubs you filthy animal.
We aren’t paid to clean customers’ clubs. Nor is that a service we offer. I sometimes think we should offer this though.

Back