Talk Me Into Some Irons

Just curious @Chisag... What caused you to leave behind the P790s? I thought you loved those irons.

... I have played almost every day the last 3 months in Phoenix and I have been rotating 2 different sets and also played some P760's a couple times but need to adjust the lies when I get back to Chicago. Otherwise I have rotated P790's and the Forged Tours. While the 790's are just awesome on the soft greens and lush rough back in the midwest, I find the Forged Tours more accurate from basically hard pan and extremely firm greens where the extra spin of the FT's helps quite a bit. But I have not left them behind and imagine they will be my primary set again when I go back home in May.

Good to hear you are playing some of your best golf these days, Peter! You should combo up a set of irons like the Srixons - blades through the 7i and 765s from there. You could do the same with Bridgestone as well. These would fit your requirements perfectly.

Get down to TX so I can see this golf game first hand!!!!!! I will buy the drinks.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...111889-Pears-journey-with-the-Wilson-V6-irons

Here is a review I am doing on them. Went from a GI iron to the Wilson V6 irons. They are a great feeling, usable club that I think most skill levels could handle. Not sure I could sell you on them, rather give you a very nice option.

I believe the V6 irons check all the boxes you are looking for. I game the V4's and love them!!! Very traditional lofts, thin topline, little to no offset, forged, launch easy, workable and they look sharp

Back