Talking to the ball.

@yocco what the name of the comedian who says that?!!?! it's been stuck in my head for the last 4 days and it's starting to drive my friends crazy.

Yakov Smirnov.

I love watching people yell "BITE" from deep rough chips that have no chance of spinning and are clearly hit too hard.

I like it when people change their mind mid flight, "Go, go, go... stop, stop, stop... bite, bite, bite."

I personally yell, "Don't you want to go home, ball?" Then if it really upsets me (and if it's clean), kiss it and off as gator fodder.

I feel that I know what I need to do to hit good golf shots. So usually the only things I say are 'be right'[on shots ive struck the way i wanted to], or 'get lucky hunny'[on shots that i could need a little help on]. The occasional 'sit' or 'go', but honestly I really dont talk to my ball a whole lot..
So do you not say anything to your ball?

Golf balls are like DOGS---the further away they get the less likely they will obey a command.

Why would I try talking with a golf ball? I think it would be a fairly one-sided converstation, plus my playing partners might think I'm nuts. And I think my pet rocks would get jealous...

I used to, but then I figured out that golf balls are deaf, so it's a waste of time. But I still do occasionally.

Back