UberPete

Golfin' in the Hammer
Reaction score
Handicap
no skill?
I have tried Tapatalk (pro) in the past and have decided it's not for me. So I have not had it installed for a long time.

However, every time I log into THP, I get a pop-up asking of I want to use Tapatalk or continue with the browser. I have to select browser to get rid of the pop up.

I realize it's a preference thing and many people like it; I'm not asking for Tapatalk to be disabled. However, is there a way as an individual user for me to disable that or have it answered once and for all?Screenshot_20210315-164007_Firefox.jpg

Last edited:
I have tried Tapatalk (pro) in the past and have decided it's not for me. So I have not had it installed for a long time.

However, every time I log into THP, I get a pop-up asking of I want to use Tapatalk or continue with the browser. I have to select browser to get rid of the pop up.

I realize it's a preference thing and many people like it; I'm not asking for Tapatalk to be disabled. However, is there a way as an individual user for me to disable that or have it answered once and for all?

It's odd that you have to click it each time, but FWIW, we don't like the software either.
We urge people to use the browser, which is both more secure and far more feature rich.

We have not disabled it yet, because there are some that still use it, but we may in the future.
Sadly there is not a way to disable it, but if you remain "signed in", the pop up should show up pretty rarely. At least it does for me.

I got rid of that by uninstalling tapatalk. Good riddens. Browser is so much better

I get that on my new phone as well, had uninstalled Tapatalk on my old device and was getting popups. Migrated to a new phone (Samsung), used the transfer app to move all my stuff over........ and magically it wants me to use Tapatalk when on the forum, every time I load it up (via Chrome on my Samsung device).

I haven't used Tapatalk since the new THP site launched, and only browse via Mobile on Chrome. I don't even have it installed on this phone, yet my shortcut is still the Tapatalk T icon with a tiny Chrome logo in the corner of it.

Super puzzling, but relieved to see it happens to someone else!

Sadly there is not a way to disable it, but if you remain "signed in", the pop up should show up pretty rarely. At least it does for me.

I guess that's why I am getting it. I have my browser set to always open in Private mode which means I always need to log in.

I get that option when I need to login as well but I rarely log out so no real issue. I thought the switch from Tapatalk to the browser would be difficult for me as I was so used to it. After the first day, I didn't miss Tapatalk one bit.

I guess that's why I am getting it. I have my browser set to always open in Private mode which means I always need to log in.
If you delete the tapatalk app it should go away as well. At least that is what I was just told and someone mentioned it above as well.

If you delete the tapatalk app it should go away as well. At least that is what I was just told and someone mentioned it above as well.
I get the same box if I log out and log back in but, Ive never had tapatalk installed on any of my devices. 🤔

I've gotten this pop-up occasionally (maybe once a month, if that?), even after deleting the Tapatalk app and using the browser exclusively since the last upgrade. It doesn't seem to be tied to log-in, but I have not been able to figure out the pattern as to why/when it shows up.

I use the browser and it still ask me how I want to continue, and I have deleted the tapatalk app.

I get the same box if I log out and log back in but, Ive never had tapatalk installed on any of my devices. 🤔
Yes further investigation appears that it won’t go away completely, but greatly reduced.

And as someone that doesn’t use the app, nor recommend it, I understand the frustration, yet it is just a single push of the button thankfully.

However when you reach hundreds of thousands of golfers every month, we must cater to the masses to the best of our ability and that means keeping it installed for the time being. But we will continue to explain to THPers why the browser works so much better

Yes further investigation appears that it won’t go away completely, but greatly reduced.

And as someone that doesn’t use the app, nor recommend it, I understand the frustration, yet it is just a single push of the button thankfully.

However when you reach hundreds of thousands of golfers every month, we must cater to the masses to the best of our ability and that means keeping it installed for the time being. But we will continue to explain to THPers why the browser works so much better
And that's what we's appreciates about you @JB
😎

I will do a little dance the day THP rids itself and us of Tapatalk. But until then I will continue to make that one button push to get to the best golf content on the web.

I only receive that pop up if I clear my browser on my phone.

Tapatalk is the devil.

Am I the only one who uses the THP App?

Lots of people use it for our home page content end videos. For the forum the browser is the easiest and the THP app links directly to that.

Thanks all. At least I know it's not just me.

I get the Tapatalk popup occasionally on the THP app. The one that's persistent, however, is the "nag screen" at the top of the page telling you to download Tapatalk. You can 'X' it out, but as soon as you refresh the page it reappears (yes, I know I need to charge my phone, haha):

Login.jpg

I get the Tapatalk popup occasionally on the THP app. The one that's persistent, however, is the "nag screen" at the top of the page telling you to download Tapatalk. You can 'X' it out, but as soon as you refresh the page it reappears (yes, I know I need to charge my phone, haha):

View attachment 8998503
Exactly the same as the popup I get every time I open the forum in the app.

I get the Tapatalk / Browser option every once in a while on my tablet at home (I use the web browser), which has never had Tapatalk installed on it

View attachment 8998503
I hate this! Wish it would go away and I have never had tapatalk since I switched to my iPhone.

I have Tapatalk installed... I don't use it for THP (other forums use it as well) anymore since I installed the actual THP app thing. But every once in awhile I will get the popup asking to continue or use Safari. I think it depends on which way I go in to the forums- if it's an external link from Twitter or something, then I will sometimes get the popup. IT may have to do with what's in your cache.

nope, i use it when i am out on the course, (or maybe in a meeting if THP is Jumping')

I get the Tapatalk prompts constantly, yes your right it is just one button to make it go away but constantly being bothered with similar prompts in my private browsing and in my work day is extremely aggravating.
When I’m home I need to put my phone down and pick up a book more often.

Back