UST Mamiya LINQ Blue 7F5 arrived today. Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate grip should be here tomorrow. I’ll drop it off at Loggerhead Golf just in time for it to rain all weekend.🥲

UST Mamiya LINQ Blue 7F5 arrived today. Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate grip should be here tomorrow. I’ll drop it off at Loggerhead Golf just in time for it to rain all weekend.🥲
This thing better find fairways or I am giving away all of your Srixon Divides.

This thing better find fairways or I am giving away all of your Srixon Divides.
It’s like I heard that somewhere else?

I’ve had this club in my bag for a few months now. I absolutely love it. Does nothing but go straight where I aim.

I’ve had this club in my bag for a few months now. I absolutely love it. Does nothing but go straight where I aim.
What is your setup?

What is your setup?
In the BRNR i have a Graphite Design AD IZ 6X

My bag is

Driver -305
Mini- 280 (270 off the deck)
16.5 Wood - 255
21 Hybrid - 240
4-P Ranging from 225-130
Putter

interesting. as much as i'm falling in love with this club (it took some time, but we got there) i wouldn't say it lends itself to a straight ball flight. for me, anyway. it's extremely workable. like, almost too workable lol. i assume that's due to lower spin.

interesting. as much as i'm falling in love with this club (it took some time, but we got there) i wouldn't say it lends itself to a straight ball flight. for me, anyway. it's extremely workable. like, almost too workable lol. i assume that's due to lower spin.
Funny i dont feel like I can work mine. just goes straight. What shaft do you have in it?

In the BRNR i have a Graphite Design AD IZ 6X

My bag is

Driver -305
Mini- 280 (270 off the deck)
16.5 Wood - 255
21 Hybrid - 240
4-P Ranging from 225-130
Putter
I was curious about your shaft in the BRNR. Your other clubs are interesting.

I keep thinking about the Burner Mini. I doubt that I have enough speed to hit it off the deck effectively. At the same time, I have a 17* UW in the bag, which almost covers the distance of a 3 wood (10 yards less off the deck). I wonder if the advantages of the Mini off the tee would outweigh the loss of a 3 wood from the deck. I am just getting ready to put a new shaft in the Mizuno ST G Titanium 3 wood that I bought in October. If that doesn’t yield what I want, I may give this a shot.

Funny i dont feel like I can work mine. just goes straight. What shaft do you have in it?
diamana tb 70s. i'm thinking about putting a ventus tr blue 70s in it, although that's not really in the budget at the moment. i'd just like to have something more stable. the tb feels great, but it gets loose if i try to get after it.

I keep thinking about the Burner Mini. I doubt that I have enough speed to hit it off the deck effectively. At the same time, I have a 17* UW in the bag, which almost covers the distance of a 3 wood (10 yards less off the deck). I wonder if the advantages of the Mini off the tee would outweigh the loss of a 3 wood from the deck. I am just getting ready to put a new shaft in the Mizuno ST G Titanium 3 wood that I bought in October. If that doesn’t yield what I want, I may give this a shot.
As someone who hasn't carried a 3w in years, I can 100% say I love having a mini driver as a 2nd longest club. Granted I hit it far enough I dont need a 3w, but having something thats 25 - 30 yards shorter than driver but probably lets me hit 70% fairways is huge for my game.

If I were you I would drop the 17 UW and go to a 4w and still keep the 21* UW

i would never dream of hitting my mini off the deck. it's just way too deep for my delivery. but as a second tee option, it's pretty great. it has a very hot ball in it, but if you play with tee height and shot shape you can cover a wide range of distances. i can get anywhere from 220 to 270 out of it, which is kinda nuts.

How often do you hit 3W off the deck?

Love my BRNR Mini driver. I have been a mini driver player for last few years. I have owned every iteration starting w/ the Original One, 300, 300 Blackout, and now BRNR. I have never gotten along w/ a standard driver. This is because of my swing (OTT and negative AoA). Because of this the Mini suites me perfect and it is a driver replacement for me. I am not a high swing golfer, maybe reach 92-95mph w/ the mini, w/ a carry of around 220-225 w/ total being in the 240's is my guess. Yes this could be longer if I had a better swing, but it is what it is.. :)
I have the 11.5* and loft it down to 9.5*. Playing length is set to 44 1/4". Currently messing around w/ different shafts. Right now, I have it set up w/ a Kinetixx Mach driver shaft. Messing around w/ the head weight right now. As the head weight is 208g w/ no adapter and I believe makes it to around 216g w/ adapter so it is basically the head weight of a 4/5 wood. If anyone knows of the Mach driver shaft they know it is a light weight shaft 55 or 58g raw/uncut. Since I don't swing fast enough for a stiff I went reg flex. This was per recommendation of Kinetixx. The shaft is very flexible but yet at same time stable. My guess is that it is like an autoflex type of feeling. So dropping head weight and swing weight and seeing what this produces.

How often do you hit 3W off the deck?
Usually a couple of times per round on par 5s, but those couple of times yield an extremely high percentage of birdies for me. 3 wood has always been a weird club for me. I use it 2 to 4 times per round (almost always twice off the tee at the courses that I regularly play), but those few shots usually either make or break my score. When I hit it well, I almost always shoot my number. When I hit it poorly, my score is almost always one of the 12 that don’t count, LOL.

As someone who hasn't carried a 3w in years, I can 100% say I love having a mini driver as a 2nd longest club. Granted I hit it far enough I dont need a 3w, but having something thats 25 - 30 yards shorter than driver but probably lets me hit 70% fairways is huge for my game.

If I were you I would drop the 17 UW and go to a 4w and still keep the 21* UW
Yeah, I go back and forth on the 17 UW and the 4w (which is a Paradym Triple Diamond 5 wood, turned down to 17*). Those 17* UWs are about as long for me as a 4w.

Mine goes pretty straight as well. I'm totally cool with that.

Usually a couple of times per round on par 5s, but those couple of times yield an extremely high percentage of birdies for me. 3 wood has always been a weird club for me. I use it 2 to 4 times per round (almost always twice off the tee at the courses that I regularly play), but those few shots usually either make or break my score. When I hit it well, I almost always shoot my number. When I hit it poorly, my score is almost always one of the 12 that don’t count, LOL.
I feel like I'm about as confident with mini off the deck as a 3W, but I'm usually using it several times off the tee but only around once from the deck in a round. Still might be worth you trying but I'm not gonna hard sell it based on your post.

Just dropped the Mini off at Loggerhead to have them install the LINQ Blue shaft.

The mini's accuracy is just dumb. When I hit down on one and spin it, it flies as straight as a 7 iron. Almost no curve on the ball.
Meanwhile it retains workability with a good bit of forgiveness. Amazing.

Let’s go fellas!
IMG_0985.jpeg

I was sent a really nice Malbon fairway wood cover. I put it on the Mini and took it off, as cool as it is I much prefer the retro OEM Burner cover. Guess I'll put the Malbon on the 4 wood. Seems weird having two of the same brand headcovers in the bag, but at least they are different colors.

Would it be weird to game an 11.5° as a driver, then loft up the 13.5° to be fairway wood?

Would it be weird to game an 11.5° as a driver, then loft up the 13.5° to be fairway wood?
I don’t think so. Loft is your friend. If it works, it works.

Back