Took the BRNR to the range for the first time today. In full disclosure, I bought both the 11.5 and the 13.5.

The 13.5 is too high launch, so that is a no. The 11.5 slightly turned down is great. My normal driver is 8 degrees.

My dispersion was obviously tight, and I legitimately believe I could hit every fairway. My drivers were about 15-20 yards less than my driver and when the BRNR was hit pure it would outdrive an off-center drive.

My big question is - is it worth it to hit 4 more fairways a round but lose 15-20 yards on 12 holes? My home course has 12 driver holes.

I will be offloading my 13.5 but keeping my 11.5 to play with. Off the deck the 11.5 is a beast too.

Took the BRNR to the range for the first time today. In full disclosure, I bought both the 11.5 and the 13.5.

The 13.5 is too high launch, so that is a no. The 11.5 slightly turned down is great. My normal driver is 8 degrees.

My dispersion was obviously tight, and I legitimately believe I could hit every fairway. My drivers were about 15-20 yards less than my driver and when the BRNR was hit pure it would outdrive an off-center drive.

My big question is - is it worth it to hit 4 more fairways a round but lose 15-20 yards on 12 holes? My home course has 12 driver holes.

I will be offloading my 13.5 but keeping my 11.5 to play with. Off the deck the 11.5 is a beast too.
What adjustments are available to the tip, loft and lie separately?

What adjustments are available to the tip, loft and lie separately?
You can change loft up or down and you can change the head weights to change loft.

When we play one course under 6100 yards I am starting to bring only the 13.5⁰ Mini, leaving out a big stick and adding an X grind 60⁰ 4⁰ bounce T22 bent 1.5⁰ weak for more short game options. I even hit a couple par 5s in 2 this way.

Bummer, the one thing I've never liked about loft adjustments is that it opens, or closes the Face.

Just got an email that this is finally back in stock available to order. I’m trying to hold off until I can at least hit it

Rain day after day, so the kid and I hit the Trackman sim yesterday. Played Bar Harbor (MI). Shorter course, so just for drill I played the mini most of the way around. I averaged 244 off the tee with it, which is 14 yards less than my real life season average with my G430, and thats a small sample with two bad swings in there. Longest wasnt huge, 252, but it was also 20' uphill. For my 63 yr old butt, it was crushed. I was turning it over pretty hard a couple times, which kept my swing a bit timid, I didn't really go after it despite my back feeling great yesterday for fear of the "H" word... I wish there was a weight to hang the toe open, and I wish I had this club 20-30 years ago when I could really play,

I just put the 13.5* in play. I can actually hit this off the deck relatively easily, which was a huge surprise to me. This is a cool club, but I say that about all my new clubs. We will see.

I turned my 13.5 hosel one notch to the higher side. I can’t find anything that tells me what that means for the BRNR but it seems to have helped hitting the ball off the deck, and still worked great off the tee.

I turned my 13.5 hosel one notch to the higher side. I can’t find anything that tells me what that means for the BRNR but it seems to have helped hitting the ball off the deck, and still worked great off the tee.
I have mine up 1 notch upright. Seems to be the magic setting for me.

The honeymoon with the Burner Mini is over.

And I am still in love.

it is just what i needed in my bag. So versatile. So sneaky long when you turn it over. So nice to look at at address.
Just money.

And I am still in love.

it is just what i needed in my bag. So versatile. So sneaky long when you turn it over. So nice to look at at address.
Just money.
Agree. Mine is not going anywhere any time soon.

And I am still in love.

Just money.
I took mine out again Today. Had a hoot off the tee. 4/4 Fairways. Hit it twice off the deck. 1 was a low squirter than ran for days in a straight line. The second I got ahold of and it went long and straight. I’m not going to use it off the deck much but it is fun to know I can.

The past couple rounds I have had to try to hit a fade to keep from turning it over......hard.
Wonder hat I am doing wrong now. LOL

Honeymoon is over for me now. If anyone wants a spare headcover let me know, as I’ve traded the club in.

My BRNR is back to standard setting. I’m getting a nice ball flight off the tee and I’m really able to bust it off the deck. Love this club.

The past couple rounds I have had to try to hit a fade to keep from turning it over......hard.
Wonder hat I am doing wrong now. LOL

that hard hook is totally my miss too

Honeymoon is over for me now. If anyone wants a spare headcover let me know, as I’ve traded the club in.

i’m close to being there too. i want to try a different shaft first.

When I had initial hook issues with this club I think I had it a bit too far forward in my stance, and/or teed a bit too high. I don’t have hook issues with it any more.

3rd
When I had initial hook issues with this club I think I had it a bit too far forward in my stance, and/or teed a bit too high. I don’t have hook issues with it any more.
It does seem to like to be teed a bit lower then one would think. I think the VCOG is lower than we think it would be with such a tall face compared to a 3 wood.

3rd

It does seem to like to be teed a bit lower then one would think. I think the VCOG is lower than we think it would be with such a tall face compared to a 3 wood.
True. When I tee it up so that only about a third of the ball is above the top line, it seems perfect for me and my swing.

My birthday is getting closer. I know what I’m asking for!

My BRNR is back to standard setting. I’m getting a nice ball flight off the tee and I’m really able to bust it off the deck. Love this club.
I cant seem to get it to do much off the deck consistently, but it sure comes in handy for precision tee balls. I hit one yesterday that carried 235 (downwind) over a lake protecting a dogleg, it hit and and stopped in the 18 yard wide fairway.

I am hitting it quite well off the deck. I move it back a ball or two in my stance - more like 3 wood position, and think about hitting down on it very slightly. When I do this I can hit it as well as any 3 wood. However I don’t hit 3 woods great off the deck! :p

I have been hitting the 13.5 so good that I was considering buying the 11.5 and turning it down to 10. I most likely won’t because I hit my Paradym X so well, but I think it would work. I’ll just keep on keeping on with the 13.5.

Back