TaylorMade Golf Company Names David Abeles as CEO and President

We will be there in a few days.

I'm ready. That day just got more interesting, and I didn't think that was possible.

A thriving TM is good for everyone. Hell, 10 years ago, all I played was TM. I still think they make a good iron but the rest of their stuff just doesnt do it for me. I think as a company, they need a philosophy change. Maybe change their target demo a bit too. I, for one, don't care if they have the #1 driver on tour. I care that when I hit that driver anywhere but in the absolute center it went no where.

I think we are seeing that with Aeroburner. Gives consumers a different option. Different than what we saw with SLDR and Jetspeed.

This seems to be a larger systemic problem of Adidas group, they over paid for Reebok, have really struggled to compete with the likes of Nike and now under armour over the past 10+ years. They've recently sold off rock port to New Balance and are doing some things to clean up the financials, but it comes down to the German Parent company not truly understanding the American market and how successful organizations are run here (specifically culture wise). This is not a knock on companies being run from foreign soil, it's a point of view from an HR/business perspective on this specific company.

I think we are seeing that with Aeroburner. Gives consumers a different option. Different than what we saw with SLDR and Jetspeed.

From an equipment perspective yes, but I meant from an advertising perspective. I mean Speed Police puppets? Would love to see someone go in there and breath some life into that company. Feels very outdated and stuffy to my.

Personally, I don't think TM's in such a bad place. The inventory problem takes time to resolve. The other stuff lends itself to being nimble. They have a good foundation to work from - sales leader in certain categories and a reputation among regular (read: not THPr types) golfers of making solid equipment. I'd rather be TM trying to tidy up some messes and get back to the top than (insert name(s)) trying to establish a real foothold.

From an equipment perspective yes, but I meant from an advertising perspective. I mean Speed Police puppets? Would love to see someone go in there and breath some life into that company. Feels very outdated and stuffy to my.

#ThatWasSoLastYear #ForDeadOnArrivalProduct

Last week the CEO of Americas for Cleveland/Srixon resigns and now this. If I am the CEO of Callaway I would be nervous.

Last week the CEO of Americas for Cleveland/Srixon resigns and now this. If I am the CEO of Callaway I would be nervous.

Why? Chip Brewer has Callaway firing on all cylinders.

I have already made too many jokes about how TMag has increased the tempo of their CEO release cycles today.

I wonder if Sharp was asked to leave or he really chose to leave?? Something about all the recent turn over doesn't feel right in the corporate world. These type positions don't become available very often, normally!

I have already made too many jokes about how TMag has increased the tempo of their CEO release cycles today.
You can't have too many options. :D

I've called these POO emails over the years. The "pursuing other opportunities" is synonymous with don't let the door hit you on the way out. Everyone see's through it but they are designed to keep the lawyers out of it and everyone saying positive things about each other while a new era is ushered in. Severance packages have a way of keeping mouths shut.

Not too many companies of that size with that many CEOs in just a short amount of time...never a good thing

Back