TaylorMade PSi Irons Preview

Funny! Because I have hit everything you did as well. Today I went to pick up a putter and while I waited, I said "what the heck" let me give these a go for the sake of simply trying them out...well I paired them next to my J15CB. These are definitely solid!

d414dede02ea02bc5b1d2209357f6108.jpg

lofts accounting for the differences? I prefer the j15 numbers.

After month or so working with the Psi's I am really getting them dial in. I fired a 78 and backed it up with a 77 last 2 rounds. Maybe I am on my way back to single digit capper after being lost with my iron play for the last few years.
gb

Nice stuff Lefty. It's always great when you find gear that works for you.

TaylorMade PSi Irons Preview

OK so I picked up my set just under 2 weeks prior to heading out to Arizona for the gauntlet. I really wanted a set of Apex CF-16s but couldn't find a decent set without ordering and dishing out over $1,000 bucks.

With that said I had ordered a set of J15 CB's with x100 which is a shaft that I've been fitted into recently from multiple manufacturers. I thought the numbers were pretty good and was getting good results with the J15's. I mentioned it before but I was waiting for a special order to come out from the back at Golfsmith and decided to hit these just for fun against my J15's while I waited.

I posted my numbers earlier in this thread so you can look back and see that but it had been a while since I seen numbers this optimal. This was a custome order retuned set and the shaft bands had been pulled off or never installed and I had no idea what shaft it was at the time but launch for 7-iron was right at 17° right at 6000 to 7000 RPMs. Ideal numbers for me.

Well just this week I decided to pull one of the grips and see what shaft was installed in the set. It is hard to find etching but ended up being that they are KBS tour 130 X. This was shocking because having swung the club for a while I didn't feel them to be as Bordi feeling as the x100. They were much more responsive and I actually felt them to be lighter in weight which is odd. This can be a club build and swing weight thing but I just didn't feel like a 130 X.

I'm glad I was finally able to find out what shaft these are paired with as I'm getting really good numbers. These are the non/tour version with the short irons being forged,8-AW. The 4-7 have the face pockets and the speed pocket. There is a slight difference and feel obviously going to the short irons but it's very welcomed as those are more of controlled shots and the added feel is great. But I will say that for me it's minimal. I think they did a good job flowing the feel from the non-forged to the forged irons in the set.

Last edited:
X, the tours in X are impressively soft, but that's kind of a KBS thing. They load well but should spin and launch a bit more than x100.

Sounds like your 7 iron numbers are about perfect. Awesome!

X, the tours in X are impressively soft, but that's kind of a KBS thing. They load well but should spin and launch a bit more than x100.

Sounds like your 7 iron numbers are about perfect. Awesome!

Yeah bud it was really eye-opening that they felt soft. Could be the KBS "smooth" feeling but it's been a while since I swung anything outside of the C-Taper line, From KBS. And the first time that I swing the Tour 130x. Here are the numbers..

1e6f830bd3c05fc704e465f03b683ac0.jpg

I bought taylormade psi but the 7 iron satin layer is removed. I think I hit rocks but in your opinion is this normal? should I ask for repair under warranty?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Back