TaylorMade PSi Irons Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
PSi has everything better players demand from an iron, and so much more. Whether you want superior sound and feel or increased ball speed and distance, you no longer have to compromise.

SUPERIOR FEEL
We took an innovative approach to providing the better player with superior feel. Our new Dynamic Feel System
consists of a multi-material badge that reduces vibration across the face. Combined with re-designed head
geometries, tungsten weighting in the long irons, and forged short irons, PSi offers a truly dynamic take on
delivering superior sound and feel throughout the set.

THE LOOK PREFERRED BY BETTER PLAYERS
In PSi irons, we combined beauty with purpose. Classic lines and carefully-considered shaping give PSi irons
the clean and precise look preferred by better players, while also employing a progressive spec package that
ensures each iron performs optimally for its specific role. Blade length, topline thickness, and offset increase
gradually from the wedges to the long irons, inspiring confidence at address no matter the shot.

CONSISTENT DISTANCE WITHOUT COMPROMISE
Our new cut-thru sole slot and thin, sub-2mm face add impressive ball speed to an iron with such a compact shape,
while protecting ball speed on shots struck low on the face. Face Slot Technology is another mechanism
to achieve consistent distance, preserving ball speed on heel and toe mis-hits. The new 360° undercut lowers
the center of gravity to generate the optimal combination of trajectory and distance desired by better players.

PSi – KEY TECHNOLOGIES

• New Cut-Thru Speed Pocket
Provides more distance and consistency, especially for shots struck low on the face.
• Face Slots
For improved distance on heel and toe shots, with increased consistency on all shots across the face.
• Multi-Material Damping System with HYBRAR material, plus tungsten weights in long irons and forged short irons.
Gives golfers long irons that optimize ball flight and distance gaps; short irons that deliver the ultimate feel and control.
• Carefully considered shaping
Clean and precise look preferred by better players that inspires confidence at address.
• Inverted Cone Technology
To expand the COR zone, resulting in more ball speed and distance on off-center hits.
• Progressive Spec Package
Blade lengths, toplines, and offsets that gradually progress from 3 – PW which are designed to optimize performance for each clubs specific role.
• Sub-2.0mm ultra-thin face
Higher COR from a smaller head size and shape provides surprisingly long distance from a compact shape.
• 360* Undercut
Lowers CG location for optimal trajectory from all irons throughout the set.

"PSi has everything better players demand from an iron, and so much more. Whether you want superior sound and feel or increased ball speed and distance, you no longer have to compromise."

PSi-L.jpg

PSi_4-L.jpg

PSi_3-L.jpg

Last edited:
That is such a dumb name.

The official iron of Tom Brady and the New England Patriots

so some tweaks to the RSI 2. I don't remember if those had the thru slot tech that the SLDR irons had. Honestly I thought the RSI 2 was a good iron. Hopefully they did something to reinforce the face slots so we don't hear of people breaking them.

The color of the P matches the "UN" in their teaser commercial.

The majority of the "innovations", like "inverted cone", have been around for some time. Just another uninspired release. I'm glad that technology involved in this iron includes "CAREFULLY CONSIDERED SHAPING"! Boy, that's something NO ONE else does. No one really cares about shaping anymore!!!
Ugh. TM. Just stop.

so some tweaks to the RSI 2. I don't remember if those had the thru slot tech that the SLDR irons had. Honestly I thought the RSI 2 was a good iron. Hopefully they did something to reinforce the face slots so we don't hear of people breaking them.

I know it's just the preview photos but I don't see the little notches on the side of the hosel like in the prior release.

Kinda looking at these and wondering what's really different between the rsi2 and these?

New cut thu slot? What's new about it? It was in the original RSIs. What did they change? It reads like the same spec sheet/press release about the RSI irons. I do not get it.

The RSI 2 was a decent iron but nothing I wanted to run out an buy. This doesn't change that

I'm not hating, I swear that I'm not, I love ALL new gear.

But they are SO lost right now to me.

This has to be the last of the "old Taylormade" - already in the pipeline and have to get it out before the real new stuff comes out... right? .... please?

This has to be the last of the "old Taylormade" - already in the pipeline and have to get it out before the real new stuff comes out... right? .... please?

We've been saying that since SLDR.

I know it's just the preview photos but I don't see the little notches on the side of the hosel like in the prior release.

Kinda looking at these and wondering what's really different between the rsi2 and these?

If they are an RSI2 replacement, I wish they would say exactly what was upgraded/different about these irons as compared to the RSI2. I'm scratching my head after reading the press release.

They need to dump their entire marketing team and start over. Heck, dump all of R&D too. They don't have a clue what they're doing right now

If they are an RSI2 replacement, I wish they would say exactly what was upgraded/different about these irons as compared to the RSI2. I'm scratching my head after reading the press release.

The press release is just and RSI2 press release replacement.

Psi is stupid, I'll say it lol. Please TM get yourself together

I don't dislike it, I just simply don't care. It's yet another TM iron that looks really similar to the previous TM iron. The last one I remember being semi excited for were the SLDR irons - and since then they've all looked similar.

They need to get their S together and get people excited again.

i was intrigued by the rsi but never hit them. i saw some people game them, and game them well. psi is a very stupid name, and i'm not in love with the rear aesthetics, but i am still intrigued. i love the idea of gi assistance in a player's profile, and these seem to be moving in that direction.

for the "they're so lost right now" crew, how much is this due to product cycles, more specifically the length of time it takes to engineer a new line and release it? if it takes 12-18 months from concept to release (and i have NO IDEA if that's accurate), then a 6-12 month product cycle (again, not sure if that's accurate either) means that you could flop on a product release, and have something similar right behind it without even knowing that the first was a flop until it's too late. do you scrap the whole line? do you re-paint it and call it something else (paging bobcat and the sldr-c)? honest questions here. for a company hemorrhaging cash, i have to think something is better than nothing, so try to sell some units instead of scrapping the entire line and starting from scratch.

I have removed the facts and features because I think people were confusing that with a press release on the irons. We will instead wait for the official press release and post it in the OP.

Looking forward to the CSI irons that will come out next. At least they could have a good ad campaign around them.

Get these irons and leave your competition in the... distance.

giphy.gif

YeeeeEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

1 word to describe these... _eh

Probably Stupid Investment Irons?

These don't seem a whole lot different to me than the RSi2, which in turn didn't seem a whole lot different than the SLDR. But, I've been a fan of these lines every time I've swung them.

I really enjoyed the RSi2's apart from the defects of stuff coming off of them. They were very solid irons and i thought they had a nice look to them. These however...are horrible. Dumb name, dumb look. Such a step back after from IMO a step forward with the RSi line.

PSI? More like POS!

HEEEYO!

Honestly, I am not sure what the big change is. I know I liked the RSi irons. I am sure these perform well enough. Maybe, PSi has something to do with the measurement of pressure and the force exerted onto the golf ball at impact?

Back