TaylorMade RBZ SpeedLite Driver

I feel like this is going to be a Dicks Exclusive model.

Sim2 is doing really well actually.
If my info is correct, this will be part of a boxed set priced at a little more than 1k.

Got it. Heard good things about SIM 2 as an evolution of SIM but was wondering. The boxed set idea is novel for an OEM these days. :unsure:

Plenty on the web. Saw them at my local GG.

image_67221761.JPG

image_67230977.JPG

Last edited:
Well, that's cool I guess. I didn't think TM would resurrect the RBZ name. I hope they sell well.

I have a feeling you are right. Although I wouldn't be surprised if this driver is in a boxed set too.

My green grass store had these last week on the floor and they were part of a box set.

I feel like the "good solid driver for a few hundred bucks" market is lacking right now. Could do very well.
Callaway started down this path with Rogue but never actually offered much savings. Maybe their EDGE driver is in the same boat?

Very SpeedBladey. Can't say I don't like that.

Good solid driver for a few hundred bucks? I remember those days... it would be nice for them to come back... not necessarily as part of a boxed set though.

You know what, this release is genius.

With the lower price point, and I would hope that TM has some inventory available, this could be the perfect "second driver" for those who just got into golf in the last year. Nicer than your boxed set driver, or the 5 year old driver you picked up second hand. Less expensive, and less complicated than the top of the line drivers out right now.

It might not be most THPers cup of tea, but I bet they'll find their way into bags.
Tell you the truth, this is actually what I was thinking. If a lot of people are in to golf still this summer, this an easy sellable package to the newbie who might remember RBZ from years past and wants a simple option to upgrade his dad's "McGregor's" he's been playing.

Love how they are a box set - RBZ was a great selling line and the 3W was just a monster

Looks like it’s a full bag set for TM. I saw one in person today. While it’s not the nicest looking set up. That’s a pretty good way to start out with brand new equipment I guess.

I think that’s going to be a tough price point for that box set personally. Make it sub 1k and better yet, $899 would be even more entertaining.

Meh. Hope that name stays in the big box stores though.

teamed up with a tight lies 3W and a KSig putter, this could totally be the everyman trio

The new owners of TM looking to get ROI, flooding the market with whatever.

The new owners of TM looking to get ROI, flooding the market with whatever.
I mean, this is over half a year old 🤣

I usually shop at the local Worldwide Golf Shops store (Golf Mart), but was in Dick's the other day out of location. I was surprised how down-market their offerings were. An RBZ driver could easily compete with the Tour Edge and Tommy Armour gear in there.

I usually shop at the local Worldwide Golf Shops store (Golf Mart), but was in Dick's the other day out of location. I was surprised how down-market their offerings were. An RBZ driver could easily compete with the Tour Edge and Tommy Armour gear in there.
Had me at TA, lost me at TE.

A number of reviews on GolfGalaxy website report the shafts on the driver and FWs breaking after only a few swings. Right at the top of the hosel. Sounds like bad prep of the hosel and/or improper epoxy cushion. Either way, not good for TM.

Back