TaylorMade SIM Hybrids

Any idea of what peak height you are getting Gary?
No idea but I’ll keep an eye out next Session. Didn’t seem out of the ordinary but that’s just from eyeballing it.

Graphite Design AD DI.

Great combo, I’d bet. I hit one with the stock Ventus shaft and it was nothing like the Ventus shaft in my Cobra SpeedZone (which of course, it isn’t, since it’s a “made for” shaft). I thought the head had great potential when I hit it, but the shaft just spun off the charts and really limited the performance for me.

I think you will be fine with the spin on yours. It seems like outside, the spin is often better and it will work well for your intended purpose.

Adding this to the list of things to hit this spring. My last TM rescue was fantastic and I moved on to my current Apex's. Nothing has kicked them out of the bag yet but I will give this one it's shot.

Hit this on a range this weekend. Wow it is very small. I was seeing a penetrating ball flight that wanted to go left more often then not. Wasn’t what I wanted to see.

Hit this on a range this weekend. Wow it is very small. I was seeing a penetrating ball flight that wanted to go left more often then not. Wasn’t what I wanted to see.
Think it was shaft or club?

Think it was shaft or club?
I am not sure. It had the ventus stock shaft in it which worked really well for me in the driver. Like I said the flight was very penetrating, much lower then super hybrid which I was comparing it with. Maybe the upright lie angle had something to do with it turning over.

I believe the Sim hybrid is the best of the bunch! I feels so good just like the whole Sim family does and it is long as everyone says it is. It’s my next purchase.

Last edited:
Decided to pick up a 19 degree with a blind purchase. Might turn out to be one of my better decisions. First range session was extremely promising. I have absolutely never hit a 3 hybrid as high as I was hitting this one. Really like the shape at address too. Very excited to get this on the course next week.

Decided to pick up a 19 degree with a blind purchase. Might turn out to be one of my better decisions. First range session was extremely promising. I have absolutely never hit a 3 hybrid as high as I was hitting this one. Really like the shape at address too. Very excited to get this on the course next week.
Im looking forward to how it goes, I know this is one that Chandler (Carr) was and is super pumped about in their lineup!

That’s what I love about mine. I can hit it high when needed. It is my favorite hybrid I’ve owned

Round 1 with the new 19 degree was a total success. Only hit it twice, but both shots were great. On the first one I hit a wonky tee shot on a par 5, so had to hit a long 2nd shot and carry a pretty tall tree which it did perfectly. Then the second time I had about 215 out on a par 5, hit a nice high draw to the middle of the green for an easy 2 putt birdie. Absolutely loving this club so far. Still am shocked at how easily it launches.

The buzz is finally wearing me down. I’ve been a utility guy all season, but dammit this might fit my gap and demand needs in that 21-22 degree range :unsure:

The buzz is finally wearing me down. I’ve been a utility guy all season, but dammit this might fit my gap and demand needs in that 21-22 degree range :unsure:
I’ve silently had the 3 hybrid in the bag the whole year. It’s been fantastic and it has beaten expectations.

I hit @Gulby 's 3H and not gonna lie, it was sweet off the deck. Really easy to hang em out to the right, which I love in a Hybrid.
Shorter than my Bertha 3H. Not sure if its due to ball speed or spin rate.

I’ve silently had the 3 hybrid in the bag the whole year. It’s been fantastic and it has beaten expectations.
You be sneaky! :ROFLMAO:

It’s the recurring trend, I’ve heard and read time and again the praises of the Max hybrids. The only other hybrid I’ve heard as much positive feedback on is the 410, which I adored, and the EXS 220 as well.

I hit @Gulby 's 3H and not gonna lie, it was sweet off the deck. Really easy to hang em out to the right, which I love in a Hybrid.
Shorter than my Bertha 3H. Not sure if its due to ball speed or spin rate.
I’d bet spin is a part, everything I’ve seen and watched shows a spin rate that’s super playable compared to a lot of the distance hounds when it comes to being able to hit it into greens.

Straightest hybrids I've ever owned. Supremely confident standing over a shot with these in my hand. Phenomenal.

I have 3 of them. Absolutely love them. Simply great hybrids. Easy to launch, good distance, and most importantly very neutral.

I have 3 of them. Absolutely love them. Simply great hybrids. Easy to launch, good distance, and most importantly very neutral.
Cosigned on the neutral part. Sometimes I don’t trust it, but it’s true.

I tested these out. I found em to be pretty good. Only problem for them is they didn’t beat out my current BB hybrid. If I didn’t have a great hybrid this would be a consideration.

Yeah. A 21 is going to happen.

I’ve taken the 3W out and replaced the M6 19* hybrid with the SIM hybrid 19* w/ Nippon GOST X shaft. It is my favorite club in the bag right now.

Back