TaylorMade SLDR Hybrid Preview

This looks very similar to the AMP Cell which is a good thing.

Looks nice, but I still wish they would bring something back with the old rescue shape, not this Burner shape.

Looks like a solid hybrid...Face looks taller than normal. I'm not sure if that's the case or not, but I'll have to give it a try once it makes its way to shelves. Sometimes all
the new releases makes my head spin. I wish rounds of golf would go up and support a healthier industry.

A little late to this party but I want to hit this club!

I will definitely be giving this hybrid some swings when it comes out. My RBZ 3H is one of, if not the best club in my bag but I'm very interested in this one.

Man I'm really looking forward to trying this hybrid.

Ideas on street pricing?

Hit this one today on the range before the round. It did not go in the bag, but War Eagle might have put it in his. For those that have liked TaylorMade hybrids in the past, will enjoy this one as well. For those that have not and are waiting for them to make significant changes...I am not so sure you will see that.

Hit this one today on the range before the round. It did not go in the bag, but War Eagle might have put it in his. For those that have liked TaylorMade hybrids in the past, will enjoy this one as well. For those that have not and are waiting for them to make significant changes...I am not so sure you will see that.

This post pretty much answers my question about it.

I really like the look of this. Can't wait to try it out!

Man I'm really looking forward to trying this hybrid.

Ideas on street pricing?

Got an email today that said it would be $219.99 I believe.

2 Questions -

1. Does the face sit closed, neutral or open?

2. Does the adjustability allow you to open up the face like the 11 Rescue does?

2 Questions -

1. Does the face sit closed, neutral or open?

2. Does the adjustability allow you to open up the face like the 11 Rescue does?

Neutral (unless you adjust it).

Yes.

Got to try it

Got to try it

I'm anxious to hit this hybrid and the SLDR driver as soon as the snow melts in about 3 weeks.

Got fitted for the 2 hybrid yesterday and I really like it. I don't hit it off the tee or onto greens. I use it as a rescue club from wayward drives in the rough or fairway bunkers, or to set up my approach to par 5s. It's easy to hit as a hybrid should be. I give it an A++ for looks, but what I like most is that the ball doesn't jump to the right like most hybrids do for me. I can also hit it as far as my old RBZ 5 wood, so I gladly retired my 5 wood and 3 iron.

Does anyone know if the loft adjustment on these affects fade/draw bias or is independent? It seems like it must, but I can't find verification anywhere and I've moved it up and down the full 3* range while practicing and seen no difference in ball flight. TIA

The draw bias is very slight and is not adjustable the adjustment adds or removes loft and opens and close the face

The draw bias is very slight and is not adjustable the adjustment adds or removes loft and opens and close the face

Thank you, that's what I meant. So it does open or close the face? Cause I saw no change in direction with lofting up/down so I wasn't sure.

Thank you, that's what I meant. So it does open or close the face? Cause I saw no change in direction with lofting up/down so I wasn't sure.
You might be closing or opening the face manually based on grip position

Back